PDA

View Full Version : coffee question

Sara
July 9th 03, 06:56 PM
Hi everyone,

Im almost 19 weeks pregnant and the smell of coffee is really getting to me!
But I mean in a good way, lol. I just want it! I was never a big coffee
drinker, I always hated it. But now, its a must! Or so it seems.
Does anyone know if drinking decaf is bad for mom/baby?

Sara
Due Dec 7, 03

kadunk
July 9th 03, 07:08 PM
In article >, Sara wrote:
> Im almost 19 weeks pregnant and the smell of coffee is really getting to me!
> But I mean in a good way, lol. I just want it! I was never a big coffee
> drinker, I always hated it. But now, its a must! Or so it seems.
> Does anyone know if drinking decaf is bad for mom/baby?

Hi, Sara! My OB said that decaf was fine and up to one cup of regular a
day was also fine. Hope that settles your mind! I've been drinking
decaf, 1 cup a day, and have avoided caffeine.

-kim
edd 3/4/2003

--
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
i'm just a girl in the world

Nina
July 9th 03, 07:51 PM
"Sara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.. .
> Hi everyone,
>
> Im almost 19 weeks pregnant and the smell of coffee is really getting to
me!
> But I mean in a good way, lol. I just want it! I was never a big coffee
> drinker, I always hated it. But now, its a must! Or so it seems.
> Does anyone know if drinking decaf is bad for mom/baby?
>
> Sara
> Due Dec 7, 03

I gave in and had a cup of coffee last week, it was SOOOOO GOOOD. I figure
one cup in 5 months would'nt be too bad. The baby didn't go mad. Once when I
was about 7 months with my son, I drank a Coke and he practically started
doing backflips!
Nina

July 9th 03, 08:44 PM
"Nina" > thought everything was going well until Wed, 09 Jul 2003 18:51:21
GMT, when "Nina" > wrote the following to misc.kids.pregnancy :

>"Sara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.. .
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Im almost 19 weeks pregnant and the smell of coffee is really getting to
>me!
>> But I mean in a good way, lol. I just want it! I was never a big coffee
>> drinker, I always hated it. But now, its a must! Or so it seems.
>> Does anyone know if drinking decaf is bad for mom/baby?
>>
>> Sara
>> Due Dec 7, 03
>>
>I gave in and had a cup of coffee last week, it was SOOOOO GOOOD. I figure
>one cup in 5 months would'nt be too bad. The baby didn't go mad. Once when I
>was about 7 months with my son, I drank a Coke and he practically started
>doing backflips!
>Nina

I've had no desire for coffee in the past few weeks. I've switched to tea.

Welches
July 9th 03, 09:04 PM
Sara <[email protected]> wrote in message
.. .
> Hi everyone,
>
> Im almost 19 weeks pregnant and the smell of coffee is really getting to
me!
> But I mean in a good way, lol. I just want it! I was never a big coffee
> drinker, I always hated it. But now, its a must! Or so it seems.
> Does anyone know if drinking decaf is bad for mom/baby?
>
> Sara
> Due Dec 7, 03

I can smell coffee at 50 yds. I think coffee drinking should be banned in
public places, and at MIL's house (who practically chain drinks it) ;-P
Anyone else drinking coffee is definitely bad for me anyway... cola on the
other hand is my caffeine addiction.
Debbie

==Daye==
July 9th 03, 09:44 PM
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:56:22 -0400, "Sara" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Does anyone know if drinking decaf is bad for mom/baby?

Drinking decaf is fine so long as you are drinking water too.
That is how my doctor put it to me. He also said that a cup or 2
of the fully loaded stuff a day is fine -- again, so long as you
are drinking water.

--
==Daye==
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au

==Daye==
July 9th 03, 09:49 PM
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:49:55 GMT, "Alicia Elliott"
> wrote:

>Hope
>you find a good brand of decaf!

If you can get it in your country, Moccona is the absolute best
brand of decaf. I am a coffee drinker. I love a good cup of
coffee. I drink instant and real coffee. Moccona tastes like
fully loaded coffee. Some decaf taste like coffee flavored water
-- yuck!! Moccona doesn't.

Here is their webpage: http://www.moccona.com.au/internet/

Disclaimer: I don't work for Moccona, but I LOVE their decaf!

--
==Daye==
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au

Cheryl M. \(ChatBrat\)
July 9th 03, 10:34 PM
> wrote in message
> "Nina" > thought everything was going well until
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 18:51:21
> GMT, when "Nina" > wrote the following to
misc.kids.pregnancy :

> >"Sara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .. .
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> Im almost 19 weeks pregnant and the smell of coffee is really getting
> >me!
> >> But I mean in a good way, lol. I just want it! I was never a big
coffee
> >> drinker, I always hated it. But now, its a must! Or so it seems.
> >> Does anyone know if drinking decaf is bad for mom/baby?
> >>
> >> Sara
> >> Due Dec 7, 03
> >>
> >I gave in and had a cup of coffee last week, it was SOOOOO GOOOD. I
figure
> >one cup in 5 months would'nt be too bad. The baby didn't go mad. Once
when I
> >was about 7 months with my son, I drank a Coke and he practically started
> >doing backflips!
> >Nina
> >

> I've had no desire for coffee in the past few weeks. I've switched to
tea.

Some teas have more caffeine than coffee. Beware.

theother Cheryl

July 9th 03, 11:02 PM
"Cheryl M. \(ChatBrat\)" > thought everything was going well until Wed, 9
Jul 2003 17:34:23 -0400, when "Cheryl M. \(ChatBrat\)" > wrote the
following to misc.kids.pregnancy :

> wrote in message
>> "Nina" > thought everything was going well until
>Wed, 09 Jul 2003 18:51:21
>> GMT, when "Nina" > wrote the following to
>misc.kids.pregnancy :
>>

>> >"Sara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >me!
>coffee

>> >I gave in and had a cup of coffee last week, it was SOOOOO GOOOD. I
>figure
>> >one cup in 5 months would'nt be too bad. The baby didn't go mad. Once
>when I
>> >was about 7 months with my son, I drank a Coke and he practically started
>> >doing backflips!
>> >Nina
>> >

>> I've had no desire for coffee in the past few weeks. I've switched to
>tea.
>
>Some teas have more caffeine than coffee. Beware.
>
>theother Cheryl

I'm drinking tetleys "British Blend"

H Schinske
July 14th 03, 07:16 AM
>Some teas have more caffeine than coffee. Beware.
>
>theother Cheryl

Tea has more caffeine than coffee *per pound*, but you use so much less tea
*per cup* that each cup usually has much less caffeine than the same volume of
brewed coffee.

--Helen