PDA

View Full Version : Re: Baby positions (Was: Re: Ultrasound - 26 weeks & childbirth/breastfeeding class update)

Nina
July 9th 03, 07:49 PM
"Elly" > wrote in message

> "Nina" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> t...
> > All 3 of mine had their heads on the left and butts on the right for a
> long
> > time.
>
> Mine is the opposite - head on the right, legs on the left.
> The ob/gyn told me not to worry; she said it would be dangerous only if I
> went into labour like that, but she said during this period the baby moves
> its position at least 5 times a day!
>
> Elly
> 27 weeks + 2 days
> EDD October 6th

I'm not worried, its more comfy this way. I dislike when they have their
heads way down in my crotch. (at least thats how it feels to me once they
turn). I figure we have till October before we need to worry.

Em
July 10th 03, 04:35 PM
"Elly" > wrote in message

> Mine is the opposite - head on the right, legs on the left.
> The ob/gyn told me not to worry; she said it would be dangerous only if I
> went into labour like that, but she said during this period the baby moves
> its position at least 5 times a day!

I do feel like my baby changes overall position a lot--I'm not good at
figuring out which is head and which is bottom though. However, whenever I
have a b/h contraction, there is almost *always* a big baby lump on the left
side. I'm not sure if it is his back & his limbs are kind of pointing to my
other side or whether it is his head/bum & he is lying sideways. Well,
sometimes there is a lump all the way across the middle, so maybe that is
when he is transverse? It is hard for me to tell because when I do have a
contraction, I can't feel him move anymore & so I can't identify where the
little hands & feet are!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03