PDA

View Full Version : really mild cramping--does it go away?

sproutling
July 9th 03, 11:24 PM
Hello again, thanks for all the wonderful info on what to expect on my
first prenatal appointment. I've got another question, though.

I'm not very far along and I've been having very very mild cramping
for about 10 days now--since about a week before my period was due.
They aren't as strong as my usual menstrual cramps and I've finally
rationalized with myself that everything is o.k., but they're freaking
me out. Has anyone else ever had this? And does it go away?

Thanks,
Jen

kereru
July 10th 03, 01:43 AM
"sproutling" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello again, thanks for all the wonderful info on what to expect on my
> first prenatal appointment. I've got another question, though.
>
> I'm not very far along and I've been having very very mild cramping
> for about 10 days now--since about a week before my period was due.
> They aren't as strong as my usual menstrual cramps and I've finally
> rationalized with myself that everything is o.k., but they're freaking
> me out. Has anyone else ever had this? And does it go away?
>
> Thanks,
> Jen

I have had it for both pregnancies for at least the first trimester and then
on and off for the rest of the pregnancies. In my case it wasn't a sign of
anything bad.

Sounds totally normal to me :-)

sproutling
July 10th 03, 02:17 AM
==Daye== > wrote in message >...
> On 9 Jul 2003 15:24:39 -0700,
> (sproutling) wrote:
>
> >Has anyone else ever had this? And does it go away?
>
> I had it as had several friends. It can be completely normal.
> Mine went away after the first trimester.
>
> However, if you have any spotting or you see any blood, get to a
> doctor/hospital ASAP. My doctor said, "So long as you aren't
> bleeding, it is nothing to worry about."

Nope, no bleeding whatsoever. Thanks!

Jen

Erin
July 10th 03, 02:55 AM
This freaked me out too -- I kept running to the bathroom six or seven times
a day expecting to see blood when I was in the early stages. (There never
was any, by the way.) For me it stopped at around 10 or 11 weeks. I still
get the occasional twinge down there now that I'm at 24 weeks, but not with
the frequency that I used to, and I find it usually goes away if I lay down.

Erin