PDA

View Full Version : Re: WHEN WILL BABY BE BORN?

Ericka Kammerer
July 10th 03, 02:49 PM
maria wrote:

> i am 38 weeks pregnant now my expected date i was given is 24th july but if
> i count back 40 weeks this means i concived 17th october 2002. This would be
> impossible as i still had my coil in had period 18th october 2002 coil
> removed 22nd october. did not have sex for 1st time without coil in till
> 31st october which was 1 and a half week after the removal of the coil.
> How accurate is the date i am given 24th july?
> is baby more likeley to be 2 weeks later?

The 40 weeks is calculated from the first day of your last
menstrual period, so your dates were calculated just as they should
have been. You're not really pregnant for around the first two
weeks (depending on when you ovulated) of the 40 weeks.
As far as the accuracy of the date, full term is anywhere
between 37 weeks and 42 weeks, so there's a big window of
opportunity. If this is your first baby, the median length
of gestation is 41 weeks plus 1 day, so you'll likely do yourself
a favor if you don't really expect the baby to show up until
*after* your due date. Really, though, you never know. They
come when they come.

Best wishes,
Ericka