PDA

View Full Version : Re: Another Baby vs Abortion ??? (for Zeldabee)

thalia
July 11th 03, 02:08 AM
zeldabee > wrote in message >...
> you might want to consider a cervical cap--for a few years,
> I used a cap and condoms. I seemed to have lost the cap (after a long
> celibate spell)...and I recently found it...
Using two methods of birth control is a smart idea. I don't know why
that isn't suggested more often to teenagers and others who really
don't want to risk a pregnancy. I definitely feel that, personally, I
wouldn't trust any one barrier method to work 100% on its own. I've
also heard that cervical caps become much less effective after a woman
has been pregnant (I guess the cervix changes shape).
Congratulations on the baby!

zeldabee
July 11th 03, 04:28 PM
(thalia) wrote:
> zeldabee > wrote...
> > you might want to consider a cervical cap--for a few years,
> > I used a cap and condoms. I seemed to have lost the cap (after a long
> > celibate spell)...and I recently found it...
>
> Using two methods of birth control is a smart idea. I don't know why
> that isn't suggested more often to teenagers and others who really
> don't want to risk a pregnancy. I definitely feel that, personally, I
> wouldn't trust any one barrier method to work 100% on its own. I've
> also heard that cervical caps become much less effective after a woman
> has been pregnant (I guess the cervix changes shape).

They also need to be refitted after a substantial change in body weight.

I should say, I liked the cap for a while, and then it developed a smell,
and I was afraid it had been colonized by some bacteria or yeast or
something. I tried bleach solution and then chlorophyll on the advice of
the center I got the cap from, but it kept coming back. Anyway, I don't
think I'd use one again.

> Congratulations on the baby!

Thanks!

--