PDA

View Full Version : numb...

parker
July 11th 03, 05:59 AM
My wife is 50. I'm 52. We've been happily married for 31 years and
have six "kids" aged 30, 28, 27, and 22 year old twins. (Finally we're
on our own again! More travel! More eating out! More time for romance
and relaxing by the pool!!)

What were the odds?? Given that a few years back my wife had to have
an ovary removed because of endometriosis AND we have had one episode
of unprotected sex in the last ten years and THAT was two days after
her period!!

She's pregnant... I don't know how to feel. I thought we were all
done. We're NOT all done. I can't bring myself to tell our friends
or the other children. I can picture the looks of incredulity and
hear the "You're not serious!!" already. I was ready for
"grandchildren" - not "morechildren".

Life is good. God is bountiful. We're fine, just had to get in some
anonymous ranting so I won't explode. Wife is sleeping now. Don't
want to wake her. She sure is cool.

Thanks for your indulgence.

Alicia Elliott
July 11th 03, 07:24 AM
Oh Man, I can't imagine how you must feel! It reminds me of that movie
"Father of the Bride 2". All I can say is that I hope you both are able to
come to terms with your new life and that the pregnancy goes well. I just
can't imagine. -whew- All the best to you and your family.
-Alicia

"parker" > wrote in message
m...
> My wife is 50. I'm 52. We've been happily married for 31 years and
> have six "kids" aged 30, 28, 27, and 22 year old twins. (Finally we're
> on our own again! More travel! More eating out! More time for romance
> and relaxing by the pool!!)
>
> What were the odds?? Given that a few years back my wife had to have
> an ovary removed because of endometriosis AND we have had one episode
> of unprotected sex in the last ten years and THAT was two days after
> her period!!
>
> She's pregnant... I don't know how to feel. I thought we were all
> done. We're NOT all done. I can't bring myself to tell our friends
> or the other children. I can picture the looks of incredulity and
> hear the "You're not serious!!" already. I was ready for
> "grandchildren" - not "morechildren".
>
> Life is good. God is bountiful. We're fine, just had to get in some
> anonymous ranting so I won't explode. Wife is sleeping now. Don't
> want to wake her. She sure is cool.
>
> Thanks for your indulgence.

andrea
July 11th 03, 08:36 AM
"parker"

> She's pregnant... I don't know how to feel. I thought we were all
> done. We're NOT all done. I can't bring myself to tell our friends
> or the other children. I can picture the looks of incredulity and
> hear the "You're not serious!!" already. I was ready for
> "grandchildren" - not "morechildren".

How does your wife feel? I have 5 children at the moment, and would like a
6th in the future. We had kids young (we are 25 & 26) so that we can enjoy
ourselves while we are still young when the kids are older.
I would be devestated to find out I was pregnant later in life, after having
my kids young! My worst nightmare is becoming pregnant during the menopause,
that happens a lot in my family!
Also my mum had a hysterectomy due to cancer, and she was only in her 30's,
and there's no way I was going to have kids late and risk not having them at
all.

Maybe you should have a vasectomy? Just a thought, but nothing is 100%
foolproof. When mother nature wants to get her way she will!

Good luck. I am sure that if you decide to go ahead with the baby, that you
will be totally in love with him/her, when born, and all the worry will be a
distant memory.

Just think, you have plenty of ready-made aunts and uncles on hand to
babysit! :o)
So I don't think the baby will stop you having fun, yes you won't have as
much, but the baby will reward you each and every day.

kereru
July 11th 03, 09:55 AM
"parker" > wrote in message
m...
> My wife is 50. I'm 52. We've been happily married for 31 years and
> have six "kids" aged 30, 28, 27, and 22 year old twins. (Finally we're
> on our own again! More travel! More eating out! More time for romance
> and relaxing by the pool!!)
>
> What were the odds?? Given that a few years back my wife had to have
> an ovary removed because of endometriosis AND we have had one episode
> of unprotected sex in the last ten years and THAT was two days after
> her period!!
>
> She's pregnant... I don't know how to feel. I thought we were all
> done. We're NOT all done. I can't bring myself to tell our friends
> or the other children. I can picture the looks of incredulity and
> hear the "You're not serious!!" already. I was ready for
> "grandchildren" - not "morechildren".
>
> Life is good. God is bountiful. We're fine, just had to get in some
> anonymous ranting so I won't explode. Wife is sleeping now. Don't
> want to wake her. She sure is cool.
>
> Thanks for your indulgence.

Wow (just sat here for 30 seconds trying to think what to say)... wow! Well
if you still think your wife is cool after 31 years and six kids, and this
baby obviously would stop at nothing to enter the world, then I guess you
just have to think it's meant to be!

I'm sure you kids will be okay when the get used to the idea (picturing my
parents breaking the same news). You'll have some pretty doting big brothers
and sisters, and hopefully a great support system!

Good Luck

parker
July 11th 03, 10:02 AM
I guess I'm "number" than I thought. I just noticed that I wrote in
the above post that we currently have SIX kids. When obviously our 30,
28, 27, 22 & 22 year olds total FIVE children.

andrea
July 11th 03, 12:52 PM
god i'm more dumb than numb lol! I meant brothers and sisters not aunts n
uncles!

--
Andrea mom of -
Peter 7, Ellie 5, Alden 3, Joseph 21 mths & little munchie man Kamron 4

Astromum
July 11th 03, 02:33 PM
parker wrote:
<snip>
> Life is good. God is bountiful. We're fine, just had to get in some
> anonymous ranting so I won't explode. Wife is sleeping now. Don't
> want to wake her. She sure is cool.

/jaw dropped to floor level

I really don't know what to say, but you guys must come from some
fertile family. You are my parent's age, and after thinking about
it, I think I would be thrilled to know my mum was getting another
baby at around the same time we are having ours. Except my mom just
went through meno-pauze...

Anyway, congratulations and I hope all goes well!

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

KatoKirk
July 11th 03, 04:28 PM
Sounds like this child was meant to be for one reason or another. It will
become someone GREAT!!!!!!! I wish I could just have one. You are lucky.
Take care.
Kirsten
TTC #1
5 years in August

Linz
July 11th 03, 07:53 PM
On 10 Jul 2003 21:59:01 -0700, (parker) wrote:

>My wife is 50. I'm 52. We've been happily married for 31 years and
>have six "kids" aged 30, 28, 27, and 22 year old twins. (Finally we're
>on our own again! More travel! More eating out! More time for romance
>and relaxing by the pool!!)
>
>What were the odds?? Given that a few years back my wife had to have
>an ovary removed because of endometriosis AND we have had one episode
>of unprotected sex in the last ten years and THAT was two days after
>her period!!
>
>She's pregnant...

Wow! I can understand you're feeling numb, but I hope that fades
really fast for you and for the rest of the family.

Bloke has just said to say, well, he's 49 and really enjoying this
pregnancy and looking forward to our baby - but, he added, it is his
first!

Good luck to you and your wife.
--
EDD 1/11/03
22 weeks

July 12th 03, 02:25 AM
"kereru" > wrote in message

> "parker" > wrote in message
> m...
> > My wife is 50. I'm 52. We've been happily married for 31 years and
> > have six "kids" aged 30, 28, 27, and 22 year old twins. (Finally we're
> > on our own again! More travel! More eating out! More time for romance
> > and relaxing by the pool!!)
> >
> > What were the odds?? Given that a few years back my wife had to have
> > an ovary removed because of endometriosis AND we have had one episode
> > of unprotected sex in the last ten years and THAT was two days after
> > her period!!
> >
> > She's pregnant... I don't know how to feel. I thought we were all
> > done. We're NOT all done. I can't bring myself to tell our friends
> > or the other children. I can picture the looks of incredulity and
> > hear the "You're not serious!!" already. I was ready for
> > "grandchildren" - not "morechildren".
> >
> > Life is good. God is bountiful. We're fine, just had to get in some
> > anonymous ranting so I won't explode. Wife is sleeping now. Don't
> > want to wake her. She sure is cool.
> >
> > Thanks for your indulgence.
>
> Wow (just sat here for 30 seconds trying to think what to say)... wow!
Well
> if you still think your wife is cool after 31 years and six kids, and this
> baby obviously would stop at nothing to enter the world, then I guess you
> just have to think it's meant to be!
>
> I'm sure you kids will be okay when the get used to the idea (picturing my
> parents breaking the same news). You'll have some pretty doting big
brothers
> and sisters, and hopefully a great support system!
>
> Good Luck

well, i'm 42 and just had my third child. my other 2 are 15.5 (DS) and 18
(DD). my 18yo is thrilled, and even was present at the birth; my DS hasn't
met his new sister yet. she is 7w4d now. hopefully he will get to meet her
next weekend.
i thought my next babe in arms would be one that i could hand back after a
little while :)
i agree - these kids will be something special - they were meant to be for
one reason or another, and surely much loved.
good luck and enjoy this pg!

--
Edith
Joanne Isabelle

kereru
July 12th 03, 02:53 AM
"KatoKirk" > wrote in message
> Sounds like this child was meant to be for one reason or another. It will
> become someone GREAT!!!!!!! I wish I could just have one. You are lucky.
> Take care.
> Kirsten
> TTC #1
> 5 years in August

Geeze five years, you are obviously on the list for an extra special kid
yourself. Good luck and hang in there.

Judy

July 12th 03, 05:30 PM
"kereru" > wrote in message

> "KatoKirk" > wrote in message
> > Sounds like this child was meant to be for one reason or another. It
will
> > become someone GREAT!!!!!!! I wish I could just have one. You are
lucky.
> > Take care.
> > Kirsten
> > TTC #1
> > 5 years in August
>
> Geeze five years, you are obviously on the list for an extra special kid
> yourself. Good luck and hang in there.
>
> Judy

I forgot to mention, on another list I subscribe to, a woman just a little
older than me was in England welcoming her granddaughter when she found out
she was pg - I can't imagine that feeling, but maybe I should rent the movie
"father of the bride 2" :)
Edith
nak