PDA

View Full Version : My poor breasts

Gosia Stankiewicz
July 11th 03, 11:06 AM
Hello,

I'm five months pregnant now and as every mother-to-be I've read all the
books about what's gonna happend to me during those nine months. Everybody
knows that increasing breasts are one of the earlier pregnancy syndroms. But
in my case it was quite different. I hadn't significant signs so far, but
during last weeks my body accelerated suddenly. My breast size increased
from 70B to 70C and that's OK - I was expecting that.

But it seems all pregnancy syndroms are focusing on my areolas. They
darkened and it's normal - but their size! Now they're above 7cm (about 2
3/4 inch) in diameter - I couldn't resist to measure them, not very
precizely because of their very uneven, "exploded" border. Before my
pregnancy they looked something like 3 cm (AFAIR, I had no reason to measure
them). Now these 7 cm look ridiculously. When I said to my husband that I'm
not very happy about them, he answered "In fact, they became quite
strange..."

I don't know, probably I gonna inform people from Guiness Records.
Is such a big diameter normal?
And they write that baby has to get all the areola in its mouth...
And above all: when I finally give birth to my baby will my areolas return
to their "normal" look? AFAIK they'll become bright as they used to be but
what about their width?

tia
Gosia

Alicia Elliott
July 12th 03, 05:49 AM
Hi there Gosia, I can't say for certain whether the size increase is normal,
but my guess is yes. So many strange and wonderful things can happen to a
woman's body, I wouldn't be surprised if that were just another variation.
As for breastfeeding, the baby will take in what it needs to nurse, so even
if there is some areola left out, it'll be fine. The uneven border is
something that I have experienced also, I didn't know whether or not it was
common, I assumed it might have been because of a breast reduction I had
several years back. I wouldn't worry. : )

-Alicia

om...