PDA

View Full Version : Re: everyone's due dates

Elly
July 11th 03, 11:21 AM
"Mary S." > ha scritto nel messaggio
om...

> How many weeks are you/ what's your due date month?

27 weeks + 4 days, EDD October 6th

> How are you feeling? Physically, emotionally, hormonally?

OK, I guess - no physical or emotional progress (my vacation time is
approaching as well, so I guess this contributes to my happiness as well
;-).
As for hormonally... yesterday I got a big whiny about feeling big, the back
bothering me slightly, not wanting to go anywhere or do anything... but DH
persuaded me to go to the beach, and after 45 minutes of swimming, I was
back to my usual self.
I do notice I get tired more easily than before, so I try to take longer
breaks when working/sitting down at the computer, and I try to take a nap
every afternoon.

> Any new pregnancy developments?

No. Just had the general (every-4-weeks) appt with the ob/gyn, and
everything is fine; the U/S is sheduled for next Tuesday. We still don't
want to know the sex, so the U/S is for measurement purposes only.

> How are you feeling about the birth and about the baby?

OK. Just finished the childbirth classes (BTW, DH finally got a day off
work, went to the childbirth class with me and got his certificate which
allowes him to attend the birth at the hospital) which I loved (and he said
he wished they were at the more *decent* time of day so he wouldn't miss
anything (the childbirth classes were scheduled at noon during the week, can
you believe that?!)). We are putting together the final list of things to
get for the baby and hoping to start doing the shopping in about 10 days,
when the major sales start over here in Italy.
I realized recently I have been doing other things and we haven't even come
close to decide about the baby's name, so I guess after the final shopping
list is done, this is what we'll do next.

> What else is going on?

Nothing much. I'm still working, but are trying to take things a bit more
easy and to relax more. We go out every weekend - first spend a day on the
beach and then go out for a walk/dinner/ice cream. Tomorrow my best friend
is getting married, so we will be there from 5 pm until... who can tell? I
just need to relax and get more sleep during the day to be *fresh and well
rested* for the occasion. So I'm trying to do some extra things today.
Haven't decided quite what to wear tomorrow, but have 2 ideas - long black
dress (really elegant), not quite disguising my bump (it's a bit stretchy)
but why not? There is also a shawl to go with that dress that can cover the
bump slightly - but choosing that dress would mean I'd have to go shoe
shopping this afternoon!
Another combination is middle-lenght black skirt with a red top (straps) and
a long black blouse; red accessoires. Maybe I should do a poll - what do you
think ;-)?

How is your vacation, Mary? I hope you & your family are enjoying every
second of it!

Elly

Kimme mik
July 11th 03, 01:28 PM
edd Oct. 29
24w 2d
Twin girls
Just came home from the hospital for the 2nd time around. They gave me
steroids for lung develoment. Had a u/s on Tuesday and the girls are
doing well. Baby a is breech and baby b is face down transverse. (she
really enjoys kicking me in the cervix which is a no no right now!) I'm
still dialated to 1 1/2 and my cervical length is .6 cm. Cervix is
funneling fairly bad );. The doctors would like to keep me in the
hospital til I deliver, but I opted for strict bedrest at home with
monitoring and meds to keep contractions at bay...a much more restful
enviroment! I feel like a million dollars after only one night in my own
bed! I hope that I'm making the right decision, I just can't stand all
the routine procedures administered at hospitals and feel that the
stress isn't helpful to a restful pregnancy.
There is one big benifit to bedrest. Not too many pregnancy symptoms.
Staying off your feet does alot for backaches, fatigue, etc. The babies
are growing rapidly and their constant kicks and movements let me know
they are doing well. Its really fun as with their positions I can tell
which baby is kicking.
Hoping to keep these buns in the oven for at least another 4
weeks....longer if possible. Wish us luck!!!
Kim

Crystal Dreamer
July 11th 03, 04:03 PM
"Mary S." wrote:
> Sorry, everyone -- we're on vacation and dialup access is very spotty,
> and google won't let me post more than a few messages at a time, so no
> nice due-date posts this month!
>
> How many weeks are you/ what's your due date month?
> How are you feeling? Physically, emotionally, hormonally?
> Any new pregnancy developments?
> How are you feeling about the birth and about the baby?
> What else is going on?
>
> I know it's a bit lame, but what can you do... :)
>
> Mary S.
> mom to the Sproutkin, 16 months

I am 15 weeks and 2 days. I'm due on December 31. I'm feeling more energy
now, but my headaches are steadily increasing. I think the morning sickness
is starting to subside. Emotionally, I'm all over the place. I get upset
easy, and I cry when I watch the tv. I'm also starting to feel a bit more
"drive" if you know what I mean. My waist is definitely thicker, though I
haven't noticed a bump yet. I'm big anyway, so I've read it will take
longer to notice. My breasts are gigantic. I started out a DD, and I think
I might even be past DDD now. They are pretty tender.

I'm very excited about any new developments. I could almost swear that I've
felt the baby move. Whether or not it actually was, I don't know. I have
another doctor appointment on 7/16 where I'll get an AFP and he's scheduling
me for an ultrasound at that time.

--
-Crystal Dreamer
http://www.livin-it-up.net

nichole
July 11th 03, 04:30 PM
Mary S. wrote:

>How many weeks are you/ what's your due date month?

17 weeks
due December 16th

>How are you feeling? Physically, emotionally, hormonally?

Physically...morning sickness still. I had about a week long break, but it
came back full force. Getting very tired at work after running around for 12
hours. Actually I start to run out of steam around 1am. Emotionally...a lot
less psycho. ;) Hormonally...look out pizza delivery boy!

>Any new pregnancy developments?

My belly. Been asked "are you having twins?" already. Bah. I am getting the
hands patting the tummy. Thankfully it's people I know. We took a peek at the
baby at work and are pretty sure it's a boy, but my official sono is August
4th.

>How are you feeling about the birth and about the baby?

Excited!

>What else is going on?

Babies everywhere! We have been very busy at work, October must have been a
boring month. =)

Thanks for the questions, I didn't think they were lame at all.

Nichole

Jennamax
July 11th 03, 05:31 PM
> How many weeks are you/ what's your due date month?

I'm 6 wks today. My EDD is March 6, 2004

> How are you feeling? Physically, emotionally, hormonally?

Nervous, nervous, nervous. And hoping all is okay with this pregnancy.

> Any new pregnancy developments?

My breasts are getting larger and more sore daily!

> How are you feeling about the birth and about the baby?

Excited. Scared. Hopeful.

Irish Marie
July 11th 03, 09:12 PM
"Mary S." > wrote in message
om...
> Sorry, everyone -- we're on vacation and dialup access is very spotty,
> and google won't let me post more than a few messages at a time, so no
> nice due-date posts this month!
>
> How many weeks are you/ what's your due date month?

37.6 weeks( 38 weeks tomorrow!)
Due on the 26th July.

> How are you feeling? Physically, emotionally, hormonally?

Almost too tired to reply ;-)
I'm feeling as big as a house, gettting lots of Braxton Hicks and baby's
movements have been quiet alien-like for a couple of weeks now, I guess it
just has so little room to manoevre.
My hormones aren't too bad, I started my leave from work on Tuesday and
although we got a bit of a blow when we heard how little I would be earning
whilst off (I thought I would get more Maternity Benefit) I've generally
been in a really good mood since.
Feeling confident about my ability to bf this time around, have been
receiving some great advise from mkp and books :-)
I am nervous though about my ability to juggle my two older children, I know
that my 5 year old will be easy and will probably help out, but my 3 yr old
is becoming very cranky lately and I am worried that he will be jealous.
They also like to play outside with their friends a lot which is fine at the
moment I check them every few minutes and/or sit outside on a garden chair
while I keep an eye on them, so I am getting myself in a heap worrying how I
will manage their social life and a new baby ;-\ Dh will be able to take
about a week off that we can afford (he could take more unpaid but that is a
no-go) so I am hoping that I become a confident and efficient nurser in my
first week.......um!!

> Any new pregnancy developments?

I haven't any new stretch marks................but the old ones are out in
force!!

> How are you feeling about the birth and about the baby?

Really at this stage I can't wait to meet the little one. I am hoping to go
through most of my labour at home and try to just book into the hospital at
the point where it will be too late to opt for the epidural. I had it with
my last two births and I think much of the reason is that both times I
laboured in the hospital and it was much easier to opt for the epidural
rather than walk the corridors of the strange environment again.
I have plenty of aromatherapy oils lined up, DD5 has been practising rolling
a tennis ball up and down my back and I'm practising my visualisation.

> What else is going on?

Our Graco Travel System arrived yesterday. It doesn't fit dh's car :-( It
does fit mine though so it's not as though we won't manage, but it is a pain
in the butt. We don't want to return it and get another because we really
want a Travel System but can only afford the Graco one. Having spoken to
another owner of a Daewoo Lanos, they had the same problem with another car
seat so it may be just his car. I rang the Daewoo today to find out if they
can disable the airbag on the front passenger side (where the seat does fit)
but supposedly that is illegal, so he is finding out if we can get an
extended belt fitted in the rear and ringing me back on Tuesday, so fingers
crossed that works out.

> I know it's a bit lame, but what can you do... :)
>
> Mary S.
> mom to the Sproutkin, 16 months

You are very thoughtful to remember to do this even on your vacation
Thanks Mary
Marie

Lunar Eclipse
July 12th 03, 12:48 AM
so sorry to hear you are in labor so soon, I hope they stay in there for
another good 5 weeks :))
That happens so much with multiples though. I'll be sending well wishes
your way

Nina
July 12th 03, 05:28 AM
"Mary S." > wrote in message
om...
> Sorry, everyone -- we're on vacation and dialup access is very spotty,
> and google won't let me post more than a few messages at a time, so no
> nice due-date posts this month!
>
> How many weeks are you/ what's your due date month?
> How are you feeling? Physically, emotionally, hormonally?
> Any new pregnancy developments?
> How are you feeling about the birth and about the baby?
> What else is going on?

I think I'm 24 weeks, I'm embarassed to admit I am not keeping track very
well. Im due the 30th of October, the same day my daughter was due 8 years
ago.
I feel like a whale, but everyone says I look great. Just having this big
old huge round belly sticking out is disconcerting, its been so long that
this is like a 1st pregnancy for me.
The baby does taekwon do,it would seem. Im starting to not be able to sleep
on my stomach, and I'm hot.
I try not to think tooo much about the big day because I dont yet have
anyone to come help me. My older kids go back to school in a few weeks, so I
will start sewing baby clothes and stuff then and probably get a little more
excited. Today I smelled some baby detergent and was tempted to buy it and
wash all the baby stuff, but i figured the smell of it would just make me
impatient. So I wait and wait.

Nina
July 13th 03, 12:19 AM
"Crystal Dreamer" > wrote in message

> "Nina" wrote:
> > Ooooh, we can race! My daughter who was due the 30th or 31st of OCt,
> > actually made it here the 8th of Nov. *sigh* I lose every time!
> >

> Nov. 8th is my birthday too. :)
>
> --
> -Crystal Dreamer
> http://www.livin-it-up.net
> remove my shoes to reply
> edd December 31, 2003

Shouldnt have clicked that link, I have been doing good about avoiding my
Sims. Its just to uncomfy to sit in the chair now, but geeeeeee, I bet
theres some really good stuff here...

cobalt
July 13th 03, 12:37 AM
>How many weeks are you/ what's your due date month?

7 weeks, I'm due March 4th.

>How are you feeling? Physically, emotionally, hormonally?

Well my chest REALLY hurts, I'm so super tired, and I am beginning to feel
queasy... :/

>Any new pregnancy developments?

Since we dont have health insurance we had to push back my first ob appointment
until August 6th. I'll be around 11 weeks though, so maybe we can hear the
heartbeat. :)
PLEASE everyone cross your fingers for my dh finding a new job. Scary time!

>How are you feeling about the birth and about the baby?

Ok so far! Just worried about the insurance thing.

>What else is going on?

At a garage sale today, I found a perfect condition pack'n'play playpen for $5.
Yay!

Thanks for asking! :D

Sarah
edd 3/4/04

Linz
July 13th 03, 11:30 AM
On 10 Jul 2003 19:36:37 -0700, (Mary S.) wrote:

>Sorry, everyone -- we're on vacation and dialup access is very spotty,
>and google won't let me post more than a few messages at a time, so no
>nice due-date posts this month!
>
>How many weeks are you/ what's your due date month?

I'm 24 weeks now, due early November if all goes as well as it has so
far!

>How are you feeling? Physically, emotionally, hormonally?

Overall, wonderful! I appear to be "blooming" and "glowing" -
colleagues wander up to me and tell me how good I'm looking, which is
never a bad thing!

Physically - I am back to swimming most weeks, and can do my 500m
comfortably, but stop if I start feeling too many BHs. I get them if I
walk too far or too fast, too, and have decided to use them as a gauge
of whether I'm overdoing things.

Emotionally I feel great. I appreciate Bloke and what he's doing for
me, and I let him know because I want him to know that while there are
tired days when he gets it in the neck for a minor failing (if you
leave the milk jug out all day, you get a jug full of yoghurt. If you
do it three days in a row I am likely to stamp my foot...) there are
far more good days where I love his enthusiasm and the way he treats
me.

Hormonally - I haven't noticed hormones for a while. If there are any
to speak of, they're the ones that make Bloke very happy :-)

>Any new pregnancy developments?

I think we've started having hiccoughs. Plus there are some really
strong bouncy kicks now and again that Bloke finds absolutely
fascinating. In fact, I've noticed four different kinds of movements:
the very specifice jerky hiccoughy movements
the kicks
the tickling movements inside
the "turning over" bulgy movements

>How are you feeling about the birth and about the baby?

Excited. Especially as the community midwives are supportive about the
idea of an older first-time mum having a home birth - with, naturally,
the proviso of "if all continues as well at is has".

>What else is going on?

The nursery is coming on a treat - it has been thoroughly painted in a
nice warm yellow, the new blue carpet comes in a couple of weeks at
the same time as the furniture (chest of drawers and wardrobe) which
will give us something to do over our holiday in August (putting it
all together). Bloke is sanding down the cot for a repaint, I'm
practising putting bits of the buggy together. We need to buy a few
"hardware" things - mattresses, change mat, linen - then we're into
actual 'baby' stuff, which I'm not doing till I've visited various
friends to pick up things they're donating!

>I know it's a bit lame, but what can you do... :)

You can enjoy your holiday and tell us all about how Sproutkin enjoyed
it when you get back.
--
EDD 1/11/03
22 weeks

Crystal Dreamer
July 13th 03, 02:21 PM
"Nina" wrote:
> Shouldnt have clicked that link, I have been doing good about avoiding my
> Sims. Its just to uncomfy to sit in the chair now, but geeeeeee, I bet
> theres some really good stuff here...

LOL, You know it! And we just updated last night :)
I gotta say I work with some of the best people there are.

--
-Crystal Dreamer
http://www.livin-it-up.net

Nina
July 13th 03, 05:21 PM
"Linz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 19:34:37 GMT, "Nina" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Linz" > wrote i

> >years
> >>
> >> I'm due on Nov 1 and am 24 weeks, so I guess you are too!
> >>
> >Ooooh, we can race! My daughter who was due the 30th or 31st of OCt,
> >actually made it here the 8th of Nov. *sigh* I lose every time!
>
> I read somewhere that first babies are often late, so don't
> necessarily assume this means you won't beat me - this is my first!
>
> Scan-wise, they've been measuring me about a week ahead, which means
> in theory we could shift my due date to 26 October, but if I'm likely
> to go a bit late I'd rather stick with my LMP-date, which didn't worry
> the midwives at all.
> --
> EDD 1/11/03
> 22 weeks

Both of mine were late, one was due Oct 31st and got here Nov 8th, the other
due June 16th and got here July 1st. I am really hoping to go into labor on
my own this time, don't wanna go 2 weeks over. *sigh*
So, we shall see... :)

Nina
July 13th 03, 05:23 PM
"Linz" > wrote
> Scan-wise, they've been measuring me about a week ahead, which means
> in theory we could shift my due date to 26 October, but if I'm likely
> to go a bit late I'd rather stick with my LMP-date, which didn't worry
> the midwives at all.

My babies all measure big and come late.By size, I am also at 26 Oct, but I
have no hopes of having an early baby since the other 2 were big and late.
*sigh*

Linz
July 13th 03, 07:59 PM
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:21:45 GMT, "Nina" >
wrote:

>Both of mine were late, one was due Oct 31st and got here Nov 8th, the other
>due June 16th and got here July 1st. I am really hoping to go into labor on
>my own this time, don't wanna go 2 weeks over. *sigh*
>So, we shall see... :)

Sounds like you cook them a bit longer than average! One of my friends
has only had pre 42-weekers because she was induced. One was induced
at 38 weeks and, she says, definitely looked "underdone"" and like he
could have made use of the extra 3 or 4 weeks.
--
EDD 1/11/03
22 weeks

Nina
July 13th 03, 10:34 PM
"Linz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:21:45 GMT, "Nina" >
> wrote:
>
> >Both of mine were late, one was due Oct 31st and got here Nov 8th, the
other
> >due June 16th and got here July 1st. I am really hoping to go into labor
on
> >my own this time, don't wanna go 2 weeks over. *sigh*
> >So, we shall see... :)
>
> Sounds like you cook them a bit longer than average! One of my friends
> has only had pre 42-weekers because she was induced. One was induced
> at 38 weeks and, she says, definitely looked "underdone"" and like he
> could have made use of the extra 3 or 4 weeks.
> --
> EDD 1/11/03
> 22 weeks

Mine were 8 lbs 12 oz and 8 lbs 15 oz. I think they could have handled a
little early induction, :)

kereru
July 14th 03, 01:25 AM
"Cheryl S." > wrote in message
> kereru > wrote in message
> > Huge (got told I look ready to give birth yesterday) starting to
> > feel a bit physically challanged, bending over to pick things up
> > is no picnic (with a toddler this happens a lot!).
>
> Get one of these: http://tinyurl.com/gsym!! It is so hard for me to
> even touch the floor now, but I picked up the toys scattered across our
> whole family room in under 10 minutes this morning with a reacher like
> this. It was so easy. I couldn't find the exact one I got, to show you
> on-line. When I went to CVS in person yesterday, they had one called
> The Gopher that was only ~$9. It was in the "As Seen On TV" section.
> --
> Cheryl S.
> Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 3 mo.
> And a boy, EDD 4.Sept
>
> Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
> shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

That's a great idea. I could use it to put my undies on too, that's becoming
a bit of a challenge.

Thanks :-)