PDA

View Full Version : Re: Stefan's Birth Story (VERY VERY LONG)

Cheryl S.
July 11th 03, 10:09 PM
Tatjana Pantic > wrote in message
> Short version:
> Stefan, May 19 2003 at 3:02 pm (PST)
> 7 lb 4 oz, 20 in

Congratulations again! Thanks for sharing your story. It's great to
hear you were feeling so good so soon!

> There are a few pictures at http://photos.yahoo.com/panticstts
> if you are interested :-)

He's gorgeous! The picture of Tamara and Stefan together is precious.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 3 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Dagny
July 11th 03, 11:04 PM
Very inspiring! Thanks!

-- Dagny

"Cheryl S." > wrote in message
> Tatjana Pantic > wrote in message
> > Short version:
> > Stefan, May 19 2003 at 3:02 pm (PST)
> > 7 lb 4 oz, 20 in
>
> Congratulations again! Thanks for sharing your story. It's great to
> hear you were feeling so good so soon!
>
> > There are a few pictures at http://photos.yahoo.com/panticstts
> > if you are interested :-)
>
> He's gorgeous! The picture of Tamara and Stefan together is precious.
> --
> Cheryl S.
> Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 3 mo.
> And a boy, EDD 4.Sept
>
> Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
> shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Shelly
July 11th 03, 11:18 PM
Congratulations he is absolutely beautiful.. Glad your feeling ok..

--

Shelly
Mommy to Zachariah
"Cheryl S." > wrote in message
> Tatjana Pantic > wrote in message
> > Short version:
> > Stefan, May 19 2003 at 3:02 pm (PST)
> > 7 lb 4 oz, 20 in
>
> Congratulations again! Thanks for sharing your story. It's great to
> hear you were feeling so good so soon!
>
> > There are a few pictures at http://photos.yahoo.com/panticstts
> > if you are interested :-)
>
> He's gorgeous! The picture of Tamara and Stefan together is precious.
> --
> Cheryl S.
> Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 3 mo.
> And a boy, EDD 4.Sept
>
> Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
> shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Elly
July 15th 03, 06:10 PM
Once again, congratulations, and thank you for sharing your birth story with
us!

Elly
28 weeks + 1 day
EDD October 6th

"Tatjana Pantic" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> [...]
> again for the placenta. I tried to, but it wouldn't come out, so the
> dr massaged my uterus, and I was pushing with all my might and it
> finally came out. (I later asked why were they in a hurry to get it
> out and was told that placenta was halfway out and they had to
> "encourage" it to come all the way out. I suspect that it also had to
> do with a fact that the dr had to go back to the hospital ASAP).
> Dr said I didn't even tear and than he was off.
>
> The nurse kept checking me and it was soooo painful - my bottom felt
> like it was burnt - and she found two little tears. She said they had
> to be stitched because they were bleeding so guess what? she called
> the dr back (he probably felt like a ping pong ball, LOL). She
> also noticed that my uterus wasn't contracting like it was supposed
> to, so she massaged it and gave me a shot of Methergine.
>
> Then the dr came back, felt my uterus and pressed very hard on it, so
> out came a very big clot and a big gush of blood. He repeated it few
> times and bleeding didn't seem to stop, so he told the nurse
> to start IV with pitocin (it took her 3 tries to put it in and she was
> commenting how good my veins were - go figure). Somebody was massaging
> my uterus while dr stitched me up. I felt very tired and sleepy and
> like I was going to faint even though I was lying down. They took my
> BP - it was 78/50. They gave me some orange juice and water and then
> the bleeding slowed down and I felt better. My DH was of course very
> scared during this and was convinced we will have to go to the
> hospital, but luckily we didn't :-)
>
> An hour after the birth I was able to sit up and nurse Stefan! (I put
> him to breast immediately after birth, but he wasn't interested). I
> couldn't believe how great I felt. No pain, none whatsoever!
> I got a little bit dizzy when I went to bathroom, but other than that
> - nothing! And after six hour I sat (I SAT!!!!) in the car for a 30
> min drive home - no problem! When I had DD, it hurt to turn in bed,
> let alone walk or sit (I had a very big episiotomy and it got
> infected...). I was in constant pain for a month and it was far far
> worse than labor and birth. This time - nothing!
>
> I still can't believe how great it was. I'm ready for another kid, LOL
> (unfortunately, DH is not). Stefan sleeps well, nurses well and is a
> very easy baby - just like DD was. Tamara loves Stefan, she is very
> gentle with him, wants to hold him and kiss him all the time.
>
> All in all, it was a great experience...well, I could have done
> without bleeding before and after birth, but other than that
> everything was perfect. I never felt overwhelmed by pain (well, maybe
> a little bit while I was pushing, because it was sooo different then
> my first birth), never felt that I couldn't cope or that I needed pain
> relief - it literally never crossed my mind during labor. DH never
> mentioned it either - he said he knew I could do it :-)

Em
July 15th 03, 09:40 PM
"Tatjana Pantic" > wrote in message
> I'm sorry it took me so long to write it (it's been almost 2 months).
>
> Short version:
> Stefan, May 19 2003 at 3:02 pm (PST)
> 7 lb 4 oz, 20 in
>
> Long version:

Thanks for sharing the complete story, Tanja! Congratulations again on
Stefan's birth. Both of your children are lovely!

Sounds like some worrisome moments with the bleeding episodes, but
everything turned out great. I was struck by your mentioned of having no
troubles with the 30 minute ride home only 6 hours after the birth. I'm
planning a birth center birth 30 minutes away as well and they let you go 6
hours later also. I had thought about the car trip there while in labor as
being probably uncomfortable and I had also thought about the trip home in
terms of how I will feeling about cramming a 6-hour old baby into an
uncomfortable carseat and trekking home. However, I hadn't thought about how
*I* might feel sitting in the car for that 30 minutes. I hope it goes
okay...

--
Em
edd 9/23/03 (30 weeks today!)

Em
July 17th 03, 02:57 PM
"Tatjana Pantic" > wrote in message
> Em wrote:

> >and I had also thought about the trip home in
> >terms of how I will feeling about cramming a 6-hour old baby into an
> >uncomfortable carseat and trekking home.
>
> I was worried about that, too, but it went very well, he slept all the
> way and didn't seem to mind :-) What's more, he spent the next 2 or 3
> nights in the car seat, too, because he would only sleep there -
> probably because it felt more like what he was used to (my uterus)
> then lying in his crib.

I hope our baby decided to sleep all the way home as well (I imagine he'll
be tired). I have visions of pathetic crying & having to stop every few
minutes becuase I can't stand to have my brand-new baby being tortured in
the evil car! Our carseat is not a portable one, so he'll be out of luck if
that's where he wants to sleep in the night!

> > However, I hadn't thought about how
> >*I* might feel sitting in the car for that 30 minutes. I hope it goes
> >okay...
>
> I'm sure it will :-) I never heard of anybody beside myself (when I
> had DD) having so much pain AFTER birth, everybody had traumatic labor
> and/or birth, not recovery (and they all think I'm mad because I think
> that labor and birth are no big deal to me - it's what comes after
> that's scary for me :-)). So I think that means that you have a very
> good chance of having no pain, especially since you are going to BC
> and are likely to avoid an episiotomy. Good luck! :-)

Good to know (well, bad that you had pain after the birth, but good that it
isn't super-common!) and thanks for the good wishes. I had a dream last
night that I had the baby at the birth center and all went well and as
planned. In the dream, I got up to sit in a chair to nurse the baby and when
I sat down I thought, "I didn't need to be worried about the car, it doesn't
hurt to sit at all!"

--
Em
edd 9/23/03