PDA

View Full Version : 32.6 week doctors appointment

SuperEeyore
June 23rd 05, 09:49 PM
I went this morning to the doctor's appointment. Dr. Coolbeans was on
vacation, so I was nervous about meeting a different doctor.

The appointment went really fast. There was very little waiting for
each part, so I didn't get much knitting done. His assistant was very
nice and completely understood the secret signal of don't tell me my
weight when I stepped on the scale backwards. My blood pressure is
spiffy and I think the urine was too (no one ever mentions it which is
fine by me).

Two moments later, Dr. ShyandTimid walks in expressing how Dr.
Coolbeans won't be on vacation any time soon after this, lol. He
asked how I was doing, and I explained my two concerns about the
asthma and spd. In both cases I mentioned how they are bothering me
and what my concerns are as for treatment and triggering them. Heh,
that's about when I realized I am really glad I was matched up with
Dr. Coolbeans... Dr. ShyandTimid was completely reassuring about where
my thoughts had led me. With the heart palpitations, asthma medicine
wouldn't necessarily be the best idea, unless I was having more than
an occasional light wheeze to my breathing. As for the spd symptoms,
he agreed that the pelvic stretches need to be avoided now. But wow
was he ever soft spoken and timid once I opened my mouth... Dh even
commented on that after the appointment.

When Dr. ShyandTimid decided to check the heartbeat and fundal height,
I ask if he would take a guess at someone new's position. "I like how
you phrased that... taking a guess..." So he pushed and shoved
someone new around a bit to determine that s/he is head down, but he
couldn't really speculate on posterior vs anterior. Someone new
doesn't appreciate being shoved around either. Heartbeat was a little
lower at 140 instead of the 150's it has been at. He also mentioned
the fundal height being 34 cm, "which is normal, just a smidge large."
=oP With my torpedo belly, I wouldn't have been surprised with any
number. I miss Dr. Coolbeans though because she never really bothered
with that measurement.

So for the most part I really did like Dr. ShyandTimid, but I really
hope that I don't have to be delivered by him. ;) I have this
picture in my head of me attempting my first non-medicated,
non-intervention birth with all the aggression that goes with it, just
trampling across this doctor, lol!

Next appointment is July 8th with my now beloved Dr. Coolbeans.

Laurel
--
birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
mommy to Juliet 4-13-02

June 24th 05, 12:07 AM
Laurel

you write the most entertaining appointment stories!

Larry