PDA

View Full Version : when you have a baby

kathy
July 14th 03, 01:16 AM
why do they shave you when you have a baby.
they don't shave girls in the outback,in the
bush and mexico and they have 2-3 babys at a time.

Marie
July 14th 03, 01:31 AM
You don't get shaved anymore in the US to give birth. They may with
C-sections, not sure about that. But not for vaginal births.
Marie

kathy wrote in message ...
>why do they shave you when you have a baby.
>they don't shave girls in the outback,in the
>bush and mexico and they have 2-3 babys at a time.

==Daye==
July 14th 03, 05:46 AM
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:31:15 -0400, "Marie" >
wrote:

>They may with
>C-sections, not sure about that.

They shaved a bit of hair off me for my c-section. However, it
wasn't a complete shave. They just shaved the area that was
going to be cut.

--
==Daye==
Momma to Jayan
#2 EDD 11 Jan 2004
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au

Linz
July 14th 03, 11:04 AM
"Marie" > wrote in message
> You don't get shaved anymore in the US to give birth. They may with
> C-sections, not sure about that. But not for vaginal births.
> Marie
>
> kathy wrote in message ...

Kathy's a troll.

Jenn Vandusen
July 14th 03, 12:58 PM
can't say i've ever shaved someone before they delivered
but i have done some belly shaving before a c section.
ob rn #2

"Nina" > wrote in message

> "kathy" > wrote in message
> > why do they shave you when you have a baby.
> > they don't shave girls in the outback,in the
> > bush and mexico and they have 2-3 babys at a time.
> They have 2 and 3 babies at a time??
> I wasnt shaved, didnt know this was still common procedure.

Kurt Ullman
July 14th 03, 10:00 PM
In article >, Larry McMahan
> wrote:
>In misc.kids.pregnancy kathy > wrote:
>: why do they shave you when you have a baby.
>: they don't shave girls in the outback,in the
>: bush and mexico and they have 2-3 babys at a time.
>

>This MUST be a troll. Can't you think of a better subject
>to try with?

Well the "I want to make clothes off in front of the women doctor" and
enema threads were was already taken.. although I guess the latter was no"t a
troll.

----------------------------------
"Politics should be limited in its scope to war,
protection of property, and the occasional
precautionary beheading of a member of the ruling class."
-P.J. O'Rourke

Earle Horton
July 14th 03, 10:31 PM
"Kurt Ullman" > wrote in message
link.net...
> In article >, Larry McMahan
> > wrote:
> >In misc.kids.pregnancy kathy > wrote:
> >: why do they shave you when you have a baby.
> >: they don't shave girls in the outback,in the
> >: bush and mexico and they have 2-3 babys at a time.
> >

> >This MUST be a troll. Can't you think of a better subject
> >to try with?
> >
> Well the "I want to make clothes off in front of the women doctor" and
> enema threads were was already taken.. although I guess the latter was
> no"t a troll.

Well how about masturbating with a Foley? Was that a troll?

Trolls are harder to recognize in this newsgroup. I think, "Well people are
different and nurses are supposed to tolerate that, be culturally competent,
etc., etc." I wouldn't think that in some of the other news groups I
frequent. Then the nurses recognize them as trolls and jump all over
them...

Earle

Marie
July 14th 03, 10:44 PM
==Daye== wrote in message ...
>On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:31:15 -0400, "Marie" >
>wrote:
>
>>They may with
>>C-sections, not sure about that.
>
>They shaved a bit of hair off me for my c-section. However, it
>wasn't a complete shave. They just shaved the area that was
>going to be cut.

I didn't think they'd shave all of it, but one never knows lol. I've never
had any type of surgery so am not familiar with any of the procedures!
Maire

Larry McMahan
July 14th 03, 10:44 PM
In misc.kids.pregnancy kathy > wrote:
: why do they shave you when you have a baby.
: they don't shave girls in the outback,in the
: bush and mexico and they have 2-3 babys at a time.

This MUST be a troll. Can't you think of a better subject
to try with?

In the first place, I have 4 kids, and my wife was not shaved
for ANY of them. This was in the US. Two were homebirths,
one birth center, and one hospital.

In the second place, twins or triplets are no more common
"in the bush" than they are "here."

Find another newsgroup to annoy,
Larry

H Schinske
July 14th 03, 11:19 PM
wrote:

>One midwife told me that you didn't want to shave too low because
>the lower you shave, the lower they cut. That is scary.

Yeah, I prefer doctors who, if they're going to cut you, actually cut based on
their knowledge of anatomy :-)

--Helen

Jan
July 15th 03, 01:34 AM
I worked in SE Tx only 8 yrs ago..........and everyone got shaved, some
still gave enemas. Talk about backward, sad to say but true. It was Port
Arthur to be exact............brings back bad, very bad memories.

"kathy" > wrote in message
> why do they shave you when you have a baby.
> they don't shave girls in the outback,in the
> bush and mexico and they have 2-3 babys at a time.

Shannon
July 16th 03, 05:36 AM
They dont shave you here(niagara falls,ontario), in fact it has been proven
that is it better for a women to not be shaved as the hair stops or at least
helps prevent infection, but in my opinion the less hair the better.

Shannon
due sept 12