PDA

View Full Version : First Timer

Dad2B
July 14th 03, 03:37 PM
Though I'm not as young as I used to be(43), and have already helped in
raising 3 great stepchildren, I was informed (joyfully and planned) on the
8th that I was to be a dad. I don't feel that I will be too nervous, I'm not
already, but if anyone has any advice to help avoid pitfalls, feel free to
share. Also any realistic savings advice on neccesities for the baby.
This is the greatest of many gifts that God has blessed me with.
Chuck

Alicia Elliott
July 14th 03, 08:47 PM
Hi Chuck, congratulations!! You must be excited. : ) I can't really tell
you what to avoid, since this is my first pregnancy and I'm still not
through it, but I can tell you what I sure appreciated as a pregnant woman
from my husband:

As much of his support and assistance as possible! I haven't had any
strange cravings at odd hours, but my Love is always willing to run out and
grab whatever it is that I need if it's not in the house. He gives me back
and body rubs (we're down to the final three weeks now), comforts me when I
am emotional and does most of the chores. At the beginning a lot of those
are not as imperative, but still appreciated since your wife will be very
tired and emotional. Good luck to both of you and keep us posted on your
progress. : )

-Alicia