PDA

View Full Version : Blood! Ahhh!

xkatx
June 27th 05, 11:41 PM
So I don't know if this is a big deal or not, but earlier today I went to
the washroom. It was probably around 11:30am-12pm. This was trip to the
washroom #3 for me since I woke up around 8am, which is about typical.
Other 2 visits to the washroom were uneventful, as was morning shower. On
trip #3 for a pee break, however, I did my business and when I went to wipe,
I noticed a bit of this slimy like stuff mixed with some blood. It kind of
looked odd and almost a strange color, kind of like an off white/yellowish
color mixed with some pinkish stuff that I'm sure was definitely some blood.
I wiped again and noticed a little bit left from whatever it was the first
wipe, and then after a third time wiping, nothing. I'm only 36 weeks now.
Is this nothing? Could it be something? I feel fine and baby's moving a
lot as usual. Nothing unusual seems to be going on, other than the washroom
incident about 5 hours earlier today. I have had no other bleeding, no
cramping, headaches or anything and day has gone on as usual.
Should I just keep going on like nothing's happened? Could this mean
something's wrong? Am I, as usual, worrying too much over nothing?

CY
June 28th 05, 12:22 AM
Sounds like the mucus plug to me - exactly the same thing happened to
me and I had my baby 3 days later. From my research, I have heard that
most women will have their babies within 2 weeks of the mucus plug
being lost, though anecdotally (here) it could be another month.
Nothing to worry about at all, just don't go too far from home!

Ericka Kammerer
June 28th 05, 12:36 AM
xkatx wrote:

> So I don't know if this is a big deal or not, but earlier today I went to
> the washroom. It was probably around 11:30am-12pm. This was trip to the
> washroom #3 for me since I woke up around 8am, which is about typical.
> Other 2 visits to the washroom were uneventful, as was morning shower. On
> trip #3 for a pee break, however, I did my business and when I went to wipe,
> I noticed a bit of this slimy like stuff mixed with some blood. It kind of
> looked odd and almost a strange color, kind of like an off white/yellowish
> color mixed with some pinkish stuff that I'm sure was definitely some blood.
> I wiped again and noticed a little bit left from whatever it was the first
> wipe, and then after a third time wiping, nothing. I'm only 36 weeks now.
> Is this nothing? Could it be something? I feel fine and baby's moving a
> lot as usual. Nothing unusual seems to be going on, other than the washroom
> incident about 5 hours earlier today. I have had no other bleeding, no
> cramping, headaches or anything and day has gone on as usual.
> Should I just keep going on like nothing's happened? Could this mean
> something's wrong? Am I, as usual, worrying too much over nothing?

Personally, I wouldn't worry. That sort of thing is
pretty normal as you approach term.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Cuddlefish
June 28th 05, 12:46 AM
"xkatx" > wrote in message
> I'm only 36 weeks now.

Eek! I'm due the same day as you and only 35 weeks.... hmmmm
Anyhoo, you just described your mucous plug. I shall now be on the lookout
for mine. ;-)
--
Jacqueline
#1 Due late Jul/early Aug

xkatx
June 28th 05, 01:08 AM
"Cuddlefish" > wrote in message
> "xkatx" > wrote in message
>> I'm only 36 weeks now.
>
> Eek! I'm due the same day as you and only 35 weeks.... hmmmm
> Anyhoo, you just described your mucous plug. I shall now be on the lookout
> for mine. ;-)
> --
> Jacqueline
> #1 Due late Jul/early Aug

lol They changed the date after the second u/s to July 25. Started off at
first at August 3, I believe it was, then went to July 31, now it's been
July 25. I think that's about 36 weeks or so - according to the last
ultrasound.
If it was the mucous plug (didn't have this for sure with the first 2) it
was pretty gross. :(

xkatx
June 28th 05, 01:10 AM
"Ericka Kammerer" > wrote in message
> xkatx wrote:
>
>> So I don't know if this is a big deal or not, but earlier today I went to
>> the washroom. It was probably around 11:30am-12pm. This was trip to the
>> washroom #3 for me since I woke up around 8am, which is about typical.
>> Other 2 visits to the washroom were uneventful, as was morning shower.
>> On trip #3 for a pee break, however, I did my business and when I went to
>> wipe, I noticed a bit of this slimy like stuff mixed with some blood. It
>> kind of looked odd and almost a strange color, kind of like an off
>> white/yellowish color mixed with some pinkish stuff that I'm sure was
>> definitely some blood.
>> I wiped again and noticed a little bit left from whatever it was the
>> first wipe, and then after a third time wiping, nothing. I'm only 36
>> weeks now. Is this nothing? Could it be something? I feel fine and
>> baby's moving a lot as usual. Nothing unusual seems to be going on,
>> other than the washroom incident about 5 hours earlier today. I have had
>> no other bleeding, no cramping, headaches or anything and day has gone on
>> as usual.
>> Should I just keep going on like nothing's happened? Could this mean
>> something's wrong? Am I, as usual, worrying too much over nothing?
>
> Personally, I wouldn't worry. That sort of thing is
> pretty normal as you approach term.
>
> Best wishes,
> Ericka

My friend (she's a little bit behind me, due some time around the first week
of September) said with her daughter, who's 7, that she had something like
this at around 6 months. She figured, as well, not to worry about it, but
to stay close to home. I think I'll go over to mother-in-law's next door
and just double check to see if she can drive standard transmission - just
in case - since she has no car and mine is a stick :(

xkatx
June 28th 05, 01:13 AM
"CY" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Sounds like the mucus plug to me - exactly the same thing happened to
> me and I had my baby 3 days later. From my research, I have heard that
> most women will have their babies within 2 weeks of the mucus plug
> being lost, though anecdotally (here) it could be another month.
> Nothing to worry about at all, just don't go too far from home!

Hm... Yea, it was just really gross, IMO. I still think it's too early, but
I don't know. I'm tired of the elbow or knee that keeps poking out on my
one side. lol Then again, I'm still not ready for it. I'm enjoying the
peace and quiet while I can. I'm also hoping we can move before this one
comes since we don't have the room for anything lol
2 weeks could be alright, but a month would be better, I think.
I think I will stay close to home. Doc appointment tomorrow morning, so
I'll just wait and double check with my ob and see what she says! Hopefully
it's nothing for now!

xkatx
June 28th 05, 01:19 AM
Also, when I had a shower earlier this morning, before the Slime Incident, I
happened to kind of feel inside. As sick as it may sound, a while back my
DH said that it felt weird in there. This was about 2 months ago, and I
guess it was the cervix? I was curious as to what he was talking about when
he said that there was something kind of squishy there, when there was never
anything before. I guess all the way up, it was like a hollow tunnel, but
then one day he said that it felt like a sponge or something was up there
(this I assume was the cervix?) and today, earlier, I felt inside to see if
it was still there, even though I knew it was... lol Just out of curiosity.
I felt something that felt like a little cone shape. Like a hole that I
never noticed before. It's hard to explain. It felt like there was a cone
that had a bigger opening as the base and went up tight after. Is this
anything? I don't think it was there before at all, a couple months ago.
Now this is another thing that was a new feeling. I don't have finger nails
(I have a finger nail biting problem lol) so I don't think I could have cut
something with a finger nail.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Ericka Kammerer
June 28th 05, 01:42 AM
xkatx wrote:

> Also, when I had a shower earlier this morning, before the Slime Incident, I
> happened to kind of feel inside. As sick as it may sound, a while back my
> DH said that it felt weird in there. This was about 2 months ago, and I
> guess it was the cervix? I was curious as to what he was talking about when
> he said that there was something kind of squishy there, when there was never
> anything before. I guess all the way up, it was like a hollow tunnel, but
> then one day he said that it felt like a sponge or something was up there
> (this I assume was the cervix?) and today, earlier, I felt inside to see if
> it was still there, even though I knew it was... lol Just out of curiosity.
> I felt something that felt like a little cone shape. Like a hole that I
> never noticed before. It's hard to explain. It felt like there was a cone
> that had a bigger opening as the base and went up tight after. Is this
> anything? I don't think it was there before at all, a couple months ago.
> Now this is another thing that was a new feeling. I don't have finger nails
> (I have a finger nail biting problem lol) so I don't think I could have cut
> something with a finger nail.
> Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I would assume that's your cervix starting to dilate and
efface a tiny bit. That would be very normal at this stage (it does
*NOT* mean that you're any more likely to go into labor right away).
It likely does explain the mucus.

Best wishes,
Ericka

xkatx
June 28th 05, 01:49 AM
"Ericka Kammerer" > wrote in message
> xkatx wrote:
>
>> Also, when I had a shower earlier this morning, before the Slime
>> Incident, I happened to kind of feel inside. As sick as it may sound, a
>> while back my DH said that it felt weird in there. This was about 2
>> months ago, and I guess it was the cervix? I was curious as to what he
>> was talking about when he said that there was something kind of squishy
>> there, when there was never anything before. I guess all the way up, it
>> was like a hollow tunnel, but then one day he said that it felt like a
>> sponge or something was up there (this I assume was the cervix?) and
>> today, earlier, I felt inside to see if it was still there, even though I
>> knew it was... lol Just out of curiosity.
>> I felt something that felt like a little cone shape. Like a hole that I
>> never noticed before. It's hard to explain. It felt like there was a
>> cone that had a bigger opening as the base and went up tight after. Is
>> this anything? I don't think it was there before at all, a couple months
>> ago. Now this is another thing that was a new feeling. I don't have
>> finger nails (I have a finger nail biting problem lol) so I don't think I
>> could have cut something with a finger nail.
>> Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
>
> I would assume that's your cervix starting to dilate and
> efface a tiny bit. That would be very normal at this stage (it does
> *NOT* mean that you're any more likely to go into labor right away).
> It likely does explain the mucus.
>
> Best wishes,
> Ericka

Perfect then. If that could explain it, then that helps a bit with the
worry. I'll still stick close to home anyways. Don't have much planned in
the next while anyways, other than try and take it easy! I'll ask the doc
tomorrow anyways.
Thanks! It could explain what that weird cone-like thing was (for lack of a
better word)

Andrea S
June 28th 05, 03:57 PM
"CY" wrote in message ...

> Sounds like the mucus plug to me - exactly the same thing happened to
> me and I had my baby 3 days later. From my research, I have heard that
> most women will have their babies within 2 weeks of the mucus plug
> being lost, though anecdotally (here) it could be another month.
> Nothing to worry about at all, just don't go too far from home!

I started labour within 24 hours of losing mine... but all cases are
different.

Andrea mom of 5 and anxiously awaiting our daughter Anya's arrival in
October.

Andrea S
June 28th 05, 04:00 PM
One thing I will say when my labours started it was *never* when I expected
it or was thinking about it....

Andrea mom of 5 and awaiting our baby girl Anya due October.

June 28th 05, 04:14 PM
Hey this happend to me the other day! I am only 31 weeks though.
I had a daugher 9 years ago with no complications (on her due date).
You know when I think about it when I had my daugher It was because my
water broke. I think that may have been from lifting/cleaning at the
time. I had called the dr they checked and since the water broke and
it was my due date they just induced me.

At the time (on Sunday) I was thinking maybe it had something to do
with me lifting a little too much.

We are moving to a larger place a month after baby comes. DH is
deployed and I've been trying to get a head start on putting some
clothes and books in boxes. When he comes home on leave in August he
will do the heavy packing.

Is there any way to tell if it was in fact the plug?

Raebo
June 28th 05, 05:14 PM
I haven't experienced this personally (prego with first now at 30 wks)
but during my prenatal classes we were told that the mucus plug can
come out and actually grow (?) back if it isn't time for the baby to
come. So here's hoping you get that month you're hoping for!

Marie
June 28th 05, 10:23 PM
"xkatx" > wrote in message

> "CY" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Sounds like the mucus plug to me - exactly the same thing happened to
> > me and I had my baby 3 days later. From my research, I have heard that
> > most women will have their babies within 2 weeks of the mucus plug
> > being lost, though anecdotally (here) it could be another month.
> > Nothing to worry about at all, just don't go too far from home!
>
> Hm... Yea, it was just really gross, IMO. I still think it's too early,
but
> I don't know. I'm tired of the elbow or knee that keeps poking out on my
> one side. lol Then again, I'm still not ready for it. I'm enjoying the
> peace and quiet while I can. I'm also hoping we can move before this one
> comes since we don't have the room for anything lol
> 2 weeks could be alright, but a month would be better, I think.
> I think I will stay close to home. Doc appointment tomorrow morning, so
> I'll just wait and double check with my ob and see what she says!
Hopefully
> it's nothing for now!

It probably varies. I never saw my mucus plug come out. If it did, it
probably came out in pieces. My OB had said that it was already gone when
she checked me at 36 weeks, and that I was due anytime now, but I gave birth
at almost 40 weeks, almost a month later. I didn't take her word for it. :)

Marie
DD-16 mo