PDA

View Full Version : Update

xkatx
June 28th 05, 09:01 PM
Went to the OB appointment today. Just got home maybe 10 mins ago.
Everything went fine, as far as I know. Apparently, that grossness was the
'plug' and it's all fine. She has no concerns at all, and will be out of
the office all next week, so my weekly appointment will be in 2 weeks,
unless something comes up, but the doc said everything should be fine. Just
call or go in if something arises or I feel the need to. I was sent home
with all my papers, just in case I happen to need them, but again, no
concerns at all, everything seems just fine and right on track.
I feel 100x better than I did last night, as well as this morning. My back
is still killing me, but it's not as bad as it was. As far as the numbness
in my hands, that could just be from baby pressing on blood vessels and
nerves and all that, causing bad circulation. Makes sense to me. The numb
hands problem is more of a neat feeling than a painful one, and I was told
if my hands go numb to just try and shake them around and move them, make
fists and open my hands, also change positions completely to try and get
circulation back.
So yes, everything is fine. That mucous plug is history right now, and I'm
only at 1cm, which I'm told is not even close to being a slight concern,
since some can walk around for weeks like that and not even know it. I
guess I just need to take it easier, and do not so much physical stuff (I
was trying to do dishes all day yesterday, as well as pack boxes of stuff we
won't need for the next month at least and do some major cleaning.) So,
can't over do it, but everything is fine!

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Opal
June 29th 05, 04:21 AM
"xkatx" > wrote in message

(snip)
> As far as the numbness in my hands, that could just be from baby pressing
> on blood vessels and nerves and all that, causing bad circulation. Makes
> sense to me. The numb hands problem is more of a neat feeling than a
> painful one, and I was told if my hands go numb to just try and shake them
> around and move them, make fists and open my hands, also change positions
> completely to try and get circulation back.
(snip)

Does this numbness runs down your thumb, index, middle finger, and that side
of your ring finger? But not the other side of the ring finger, nor the
pinky?

If so, it is probably (IMHO) carpal tunnel syndrome. I got that right at
the beginning of my pregnancy, before I even KNEW I was pregnant. Something
to do with the extra hormones, and, in particular, the SWELLING of darned
near everything we got. Tightens the "carpal tunnel", putting pressure on
the nerve that goes through it.

Unfortunately, the bad news was (for me!!) that it got worse all through my
pregnancy, until by the time my daughter was born, I was terrified to pick
her up, because I had practically no feeling in my hands, nor strength in my
grip. It got considerably better by the time she was 2 or 3 months old,
though.

-----
Kelly (mostly lurker) :-)

xkatx
June 30th 05, 12:39 AM
"Opal" > wrote in message

> "xkatx" > wrote in message
>
> (snip)
>> As far as the numbness in my hands, that could just be from baby pressing
>> on blood vessels and nerves and all that, causing bad circulation. Makes
>> sense to me. The numb hands problem is more of a neat feeling than a
>> painful one, and I was told if my hands go numb to just try and shake
>> them around and move them, make fists and open my hands, also change
>> positions completely to try and get circulation back.
> (snip)
>
> Does this numbness runs down your thumb, index, middle finger, and that
> side of your ring finger? But not the other side of the ring finger, nor
> the pinky?

No, actually... I feel a lot in my pinky and more that side of my hand, with
my thumb having the most feeling of it, although it still is almost as numb
as the rest of my hand. It kind of goes from my shoulder, and down to my
finger tips, with the most numbing in my fingers.

> If so, it is probably (IMHO) carpal tunnel syndrome. I got that right at
> the beginning of my pregnancy, before I even KNEW I was pregnant.
> Something to do with the extra hormones, and, in particular, the SWELLING
> of darned near everything we got. Tightens the "carpal tunnel", putting
> pressure on the nerve that goes through it.

I had CT issues a while back. Before, it wasn't such a huge deal, and I was
able to deal with it. A doctor was going to send me for X-rays, but I
declined since I was about a month or so pregnant. This numbness didn't
start until recently, though.

> Unfortunately, the bad news was (for me!!) that it got worse all through
> my pregnancy, until by the time my daughter was born, I was terrified to
> pick her up, because I had practically no feeling in my hands, nor
> strength in my grip. It got considerably better by the time she was 2 or
> 3 months old, though.

That would suck. I just noticed this numbness recently and it's still kind
of an every now and then thing, not very often. It's nothing but a strange,
numbing feeling.

> -----
> Kelly (mostly lurker) :-)

Cele
June 30th 05, 06:28 AM
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:01:19 GMT, "xkatx" >
wrote:

>can't over do it, but everything is fine!

Excellent news, kat! Take care.

Cele