PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin C may not have much effect on the common cold

June 29th 05, 04:33 AM
So, we all know to stuff our kids with vitamin C during the cold season
to ward off the sniffles, but new research shows that vitamin C does
not prevent or cure the common cold, unless the person taking it is
under extreme stress. Isn't that interesting? I read all about it in an
article on health.dailynewscentral.com
You can read the article at
health.dailynewscentral.com/content/view/0001153/31//vitaminC_doesnt_cure_common_cold.html

-Heidi

Cuddlefish
June 29th 05, 05:48 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> So, we all know to stuff our kids with vitamin C during the cold season
> to ward off the sniffles, but new research shows that vitamin C does
> not prevent or cure the common cold, unless the person taking it is
> under extreme stress. Isn't that interesting? I read all about it in an
> article on health.dailynewscentral.com

Nothing new about this.

Indeed the only person who ever really found otherwise was Dr. Pauling
[refering to over 1000 mg of Vitamin C]. No one has ever been able to
replicate his results. Back when I was completing my Stats degree I did a
meta analysis of all the Vitamin C data and came up with the same
conclusion. Ho hum....
--
Jacqueline
#1 Due late Jul/early Aug