PDA

View Full Version : size of baby dependent on food intake?

whoisthat
July 15th 03, 02:17 AM
I am curious. I was just looking at the belly pix from Em, and I noticed
she is/was a lot bigger than me at 19 weeks. I am just that now and I can
still hide my belly. The sono doc didnt think I was pregnant and was
shocked to see the baby was the correct size, he said the size was right on
target. (Pheeewww) But the baby is smaller than my last boy. I am not sure
of the sex of htis one, but does the size of hte baby depend on what you
eat? last time I ate like a pig, milk shakes, pies etc 'cause I didnt want
ot ever be hungry, thinking the baby weould be hungry, what a dope. He was
bigger at this time, doc said, just a bit. But my question is, does the
size of baby depend on food intake. Maybe a girl? Just a little worried.
Thanks
Sue

Welches
July 15th 03, 08:38 PM
whoisthat > wrote in message
et...
> I am curious. I was just looking at the belly pix from Em, and I noticed
> she is/was a lot bigger than me at 19 weeks. I am just that now and I can
> still hide my belly. The sono doc didnt think I was pregnant and was
> shocked to see the baby was the correct size, he said the size was right
on
> target. (Pheeewww) But the baby is smaller than my last boy. I am not
sure
> of the sex of htis one, but does the size of hte baby depend on what you
> eat? last time I ate like a pig, milk shakes, pies etc 'cause I didnt
want
> ot ever be hungry, thinking the baby weould be hungry, what a dope. He
was
> bigger at this time, doc said, just a bit. But my question is, does the
> size of baby depend on food intake. Maybe a girl? Just a little worried.
dd was 7lb 15 oz. Once she was out I was nearly back to pre-pregnancy weight
and certainly wore pre-pregnancy clothes (except round the chest when I was
engorged!). I went shopping on my due date and someone guessed I was about
6-7 months, so I wasn't big. It was just all baby there! I wasn't hungry and
didn't eat much as I was sick last time. The dr. said that unless you are
seriously underweight then the baby won't suffer, as the baby gets the
nutrients before you.
I am not in maternity clothes yet (although not clothes that fasten round
the middle, I can't stand those from about 6 weeks) and people are just
beginning (I was asked for the first time last week) to ask me if I'm
pregnant and I'm 26 weeks. There are some advantages to being sick! If the
sizing is normal then there's nothing to worry about.
Debbie

Shannon
July 16th 03, 05:48 AM
As long as you are eating healthy no the amount doesnt matter. If yo dont
eat enough the baby may be smaller but if you eat more then a healthy amount
it doesnt make the baby bigger it makes you bigger. The baby is still only
going to take from you what it needs not what you give.

Shannon due sept 12

RuggyKurtz
July 16th 03, 08:10 PM
>"whoisthat" > wrote in message
et...
>> I am curious. I was just looking at the belly pix from Em, and I noticed
>> she is/was a lot bigger than me at 19 weeks. I am just that now and I can
>> still hide my belly. The sono doc didnt think I was pregnant and was
>> shocked to see the baby was the correct size, he said the size was right
>on
>> target. (Pheeewww) But the baby is smaller than my last boy. I am not
>sure
>> of the sex of htis one, but does the size of hte baby depend on what you
>> eat? last time I ate like a pig, milk shakes, pies etc 'cause I didnt
>want
>> ot ever be hungry, thinking the baby weould be hungry, what a dope. He
>was
>> bigger at this time, doc said, just a bit. But my question is, does the
>> size of baby depend on food intake. Maybe a girl? Just a little worried.
>> Thanks
>> Sue
>
>If you eat healthy food to hunger and drink to thirst, there shouldn't be a
>problem. How big you look is COMPLETELY irrelevant.
>
>Jenrose

Yep, depends on your abdomen muscle strength, right? I ate like a PIG my first
pregnancy ( i worked at Wendy's) and my son was only 7 pounds 4 ounces...:)

Brandy

Ericka Kammerer
July 17th 03, 04:34 PM
whoisthat wrote:

> I am curious. I was just looking at the belly pix from Em, and I noticed
> she is/was a lot bigger than me at 19 weeks. I am just that now and I can
> still hide my belly. The sono doc didnt think I was pregnant and was
> shocked to see the baby was the correct size, he said the size was right on
> target. (Pheeewww) But the baby is smaller than my last boy. I am not sure
> of the sex of htis one, but does the size of hte baby depend on what you
> eat? last time I ate like a pig, milk shakes, pies etc 'cause I didnt want
> ot ever be hungry, thinking the baby weould be hungry, what a dope. He was
> bigger at this time, doc said, just a bit. But my question is, does the
> size of baby depend on food intake. Maybe a girl? Just a little worried.

Belly size doesn't correlate well with baby size, so I wouldn't
base anything on that at all. According to a very recent study,
however, there may be some relationship between sex, calorie intake,
and size. They found that mothers were more likely to eat more
with boys than with girls (and we know boys tend to be bigger than
girls). However, the difference isn't all that large, so I rather
doubt you'd notice much difference from individual to individual
or that any differences would be obvious to the casual observer.

Best wishes,
Ericka

==Daye==
July 17th 03, 10:14 PM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:34:30 -0400, Ericka Kammerer
> wrote:

>They found that mothers were more likely to eat more
>with boys than with girls (and we know boys tend to be bigger than
>girls).

I was always hungry when I was pregnant with my first, a girl. I
would hate to think about how much I would eat and how hungry I
would be with a boy.

--
==Daye==
Momma to Jayan
#2 EDD 11 Jan 2004
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au