PDA

View Full Version : Update on Kandace

kandacewright
July 7th 05, 04:13 PM
I am currently 20 weeks. I had my ultrasound at 19 weeks, 1 day. The
reason for the ultrasound is that my son (second child, I have 3 and
one on the way) was Interuterine Growth Restricted. The baby was about
19 weeks, 5-6 days according to ultrasound. My regular doctor was on
vacation so I saw the other doctor in the practice. He asked about
changing my due date and I said no.

My reasoning is for the following; the first being my last period day
is exact and I'm a clockwork cycle, every 28 days and my period was on
Valetine's day. So the baby is just a little big, average baby is 9
ounces at 20 weeks, mine was 12 ounces at 19 weeks. And of course
ultrasounds are interpretations of sonography imaging and thusly often
not that accurate. Secondly I was induced with all my other babies.
Two weeks over, IUGR, and 1 week over. Why would I want to be rushed
into another induction by letting them move my date up 4-5 days. It
can make a big difference.

The tech couldn't find the stomach, I'm really not sure what that would
mean. It's a bit unnerving with such a healthy developing baby it's
doesn't seem like it could just not be there so she just must have
missed it. Then she also found the baby's kidneys to be swollen.
Again something that typically turns out to be nothing. And
additionally, Jacob was born with Hydronephrosis (excuse misspelling if
I did) and the extra fluid in his kidneys resolved itself without any
intervention or problems.

My regular doctor may reccommend a follow-up ultrasound to double check
the kidneys and to get a confirm on the stomach. I'll find out on the
27 of July when I go in for my next OB appt.

Otherwise I've gained a horrid 8 pounds total for this pregnancy. I'm
not happy about that at all. But I have to give myself some leeway
since I was on vacation before my last appointment and I definitely
indulged my cravings more than I should have. Although I was also do a
lot of canoeing so I mistakenly thought that I would have evened out.

Oh well though, it's there and now I'm just going back to my healthier
ways. Eating nuts, berries, fresh veggies and fruits and attempting to
pick up my workout schedule again. Keith has reworked my schedule into
3 sessions a week instead of my usual 6. It is much more challenging
to get to the gym in the summer since it's doesn't have daycare and he
thought I might be working too hard so he wanted me to lighten up on
myself. The thing is I love working out so it's never feels like too
much, lol.

So otherwise I'm a healthy, happy pregnant mom of three equally
healthy, happy children. Oh and some of you have followed my artwork
through the years...

Autumn Fae
http://3d-poser-art.com/gallery/0507/autumnfae.jpg

Into the Evening We Wander
http://3d-poser-art.com/gallery/0507/forestfae2.jpg

If you perfer a gallery showing....
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=993870
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=990019

Leslie
July 7th 05, 04:29 PM
Kandee,

Why are you worried about an 8 lb. gain? Isn't that about right (or
even a little low) for the first 20 weeks?

I loved the first two pictures but couldn't get into the gallery.

Leslie

kandacewright
July 7th 05, 05:01 PM
Leslie wrote:
> Why are you worried about an 8 lb. gain? Isn't that about right (or
> even a little low) for the first 20 weeks?

It's just that most of that gain was during one month, 6 of it was
during weeks 15-19 while up until then I had gained 2 pounds. I just
don't want a bunch of 6 pound months, lol.

> I loved the first two pictures but couldn't get into the gallery.

Thank you. The gallery at Renderosity, you might have to have an
account to view otherwise you can go to my own gallery at
3d-poser-art.com

Clisby
July 8th 05, 12:13 AM
kandacewright wrote:
> I am currently 20 weeks. I had my ultrasound at 19 weeks, 1 day. The
> reason for the ultrasound is that my son (second child, I have 3 and
> one on the way) was Interuterine Growth Restricted. The baby was about
> 19 weeks, 5-6 days according to ultrasound. My regular doctor was on
> vacation so I saw the other doctor in the practice. He asked about
> changing my due date and I said no.
>
> My reasoning is for the following; the first being my last period day
> is exact and I'm a clockwork cycle, every 28 days and my period was on
> Valetine's day. So the baby is just a little big, average baby is 9
> ounces at 20 weeks, mine was 12 ounces at 19 weeks. And of course
> ultrasounds are interpretations of sonography imaging and thusly often
> not that accurate. Secondly I was induced with all my other babies.
> Two weeks over, IUGR, and 1 week over. Why would I want to be rushed
> into another induction by letting them move my date up 4-5 days. It
> can make a big difference.
>
> The tech couldn't find the stomach, I'm really not sure what that would
> mean. It's a bit unnerving with such a healthy developing baby it's
> doesn't seem like it could just not be there so she just must have
> missed it. Then she also found the baby's kidneys to be swollen.
> Again something that typically turns out to be nothing. And
> additionally, Jacob was born with Hydronephrosis (excuse misspelling if
> I did) and the extra fluid in his kidneys resolved itself without any
> intervention or problems.
>
> My regular doctor may reccommend a follow-up ultrasound to double check
> the kidneys and to get a confirm on the stomach. I'll find out on the
> 27 of July when I go in for my next OB appt.
>
> Otherwise I've gained a horrid 8 pounds total for this pregnancy. I'm
> not happy about that at all. But I have to give myself some leeway
> since I was on vacation before my last appointment and I definitely
> indulged my cravings more than I should have. Although I was also do a
> lot of canoeing so I mistakenly thought that I would have evened out.
>
> Oh well though, it's there and now I'm just going back to my healthier
> ways. Eating nuts, berries, fresh veggies and fruits and attempting to
> pick up my workout schedule again. Keith has reworked my schedule into
> 3 sessions a week instead of my usual 6. It is much more challenging
> to get to the gym in the summer since it's doesn't have daycare and he
> thought I might be working too hard so he wanted me to lighten up on
> myself. The thing is I love working out so it's never feels like too
> much, lol.
>
> So otherwise I'm a healthy, happy pregnant mom of three equally
> healthy, happy children. Oh and some of you have followed my artwork
> through the years...

I showed these to Joseph (3.5). He loved Into the Evening We Wander.
Any time I switched to Autumn Fae, he'd say "No! Other one!" Ah,
everybody's a critic.

Clisby