PDA

View Full Version : Re: Bake sale ideas?

Bev
July 9th 05, 05:32 PM
'Kate wrote:
> So... we're fundraising to get a speaker in (Froma Walsh, if I remember
> correctly) and so far, I've baked blueberry muffins and cupcakes for the
> bake sales. We have six more days of bake sales and I don't want to make
> cupcakes or cookies. I was looking at crockpot recipes for easy candies
> or snack mix ideas... nothing interesting there though. It has to
> transport well (the cupcakes were a pain in the ass).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 'Kate

Vanilla Fudge
This is easy and goes over very well in the summertime ( keep in cooler
)
will make 4 doz pieces adjust recipe according to how much you want!
2 pkg. (6 squares each) BAKER'S Premium White Baking Chocolate
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup coarsely chopped Almonds, toasted
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 Tbsp. grated orange peel

LINE 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over
sides of pan; set aside. Microwave chocolate and milk in large
microwavaeble bowl on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is almost
melted; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add almonds,
cranberries and orange peel; stir until well blended.
SPREAD chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate 2 hours or
until firm.
LIFT fudge from pan, using foil handles. Cut into 48 pieces. Store in
tightly covered container in refrigerator up to 3 weeks. (Do not
freeze.)

or:

Gooey Chip Bars

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup chocolate chips, divided
1/2 cup chopped nuts

In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and milk.
Stir in 1/2 the chocolate chips and all the nuts
(batter will be very thick). Pat into a well-greased
8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining
chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25
minutes or until golden brown. Cool; cut into bars.

or:

Mounds Bars

Layer 1:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine, melted

Layer 2:
7 ounce package coconut
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

Layer 3:
12 ounce package chocolate chips
2 teaspoon peanut butter

Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and
margarine. Press into 9x13-inch pan. Bake at 350
degrees for 10 minutes. Mix together coconut and milk.
Spread over crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Mix together chocolate chips and peanut butter in double
boiler or microwave. Cook until chocolate melts. Spread
on top of coconut layer while still warm. Cool before cutting

hope you can use these....

xkatx
July 9th 05, 06:18 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> So... we're fundraising to get a speaker in (Froma Walsh, if I remember
> correctly) and so far, I've baked blueberry muffins and cupcakes for the
> bake sales. We have six more days of bake sales and I don't want to make
> cupcakes or cookies. I was looking at crockpot recipes for easy candies
> or snack mix ideas... nothing interesting there though. It has to
> transport well (the cupcakes were a pain in the ass).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 'Kate

Puff wheat squares are my fav!
The way my grandma makes them is just too much for me to handle... I can sit
and eat the whole tray of them, unless someone comes and rescues the squares
from me ;)
They're a simple, easy and unoriginal idea, but hey... They're so good!

xkatx
July 10th 05, 12:26 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:18:58 GMT, "xkatx" > the
> following was posted in blue dry erase marker:
>
>>Puff wheat squares are my fav!
>>The way my grandma makes them is just too much for me to handle... I can
>>sit
>>and eat the whole tray of them, unless someone comes and rescues the
>>squares
>>from me ;)
>>They're a simple, easy and unoriginal idea, but hey... They're so good!
>
> How do you make them? I have never heard of 'em.
>
> 'Kate

Never heard of them?? Yikes! You should try them! They're by far my fav
treat.
I'm on the phone with Grandma right now! ;) She's getting me the
ingredients and directions and all that right now.

Ingredients:
1 C Margarine
1 C Syrup (Pancake syrup, maple syrup, "golden beehive syrup" is what my
grandma said she uses often, but ANY type of syrup will do just fine)
1 C Sugar (1/2 white, 1/2 brown, but 1 cup of white sugar works fine if
that's all you have)
3 Tbsp Cocoa

14 C Puffed wheat

Boil margarine, syrup, sugar and cocoa on the stove. Mix often - just until
it starts to bubble. Take off stove and put aside to cool just a little
bit. As soon as you take the mixture off the stove, allow to cool about as
long as it takes you to measure 14 C of plain puffed wheat.
Pour the boiled, and somewhat cooled, mixture onto the puffed wheat. The
bottom of your pot should still be hot, but not so hot that you cannot touch
it with your hands.
Mix it with your hands (yes, it's a sticky, gooey mixture, but fun!) and
then put it into a cake pan. You'll need a cake pan that's at least
12"x10", or 2 smaller cake pans. Be sure to put some foil or wax paper at
the bottom of the pan(s) and put the puff wheat into the cake pan, pressing
down firmly with your hands. Allow it to cool - on the counter is just
fine - and then you can cut and eat.
You can also add extras, like raisins, nuts, Smarties, chocolate chips,
etc., and you add that in when you are measuring the puff wheat, BEFORE you
pour in your mixture of margarine, syrup, etc. Then just keep going as
normal.

It's fairly easy, doesn't take long, and I'll tell you, I love them!
They also freeze really nice if you make too much and want to store for
later. They thaw out really nicely and still taste really good.

Hope the directions make some sense... Real easy to make, and really
inexpensive and fast!

Bev
July 10th 05, 12:46 PM
*snip*
> I'm on the phone with Grandma right now! ;) She's getting me the
> ingredients and directions and all that right now.
>
> Ingredients:
> 1 C Margarine
> 1 C Syrup (Pancake syrup, maple syrup, "golden beehive syrup" is what my
> grandma said she uses often, but ANY type of syrup will do just fine)
> 1 C Sugar (1/2 white, 1/2 brown, but 1 cup of white sugar works fine if
> that's all you have)
> 3 Tbsp Cocoa
>
> 14 C Puffed wheat
>
> Boil margarine, syrup, sugar and cocoa on the stove. Mix often - just until
> it starts to bubble. Take off stove and put aside to cool just a little
> bit. As soon as you take the mixture off the stove, allow to cool about as
> long as it takes you to measure 14 C of plain puffed wheat.
> Pour the boiled, and somewhat cooled, mixture onto the puffed wheat. The
> bottom of your pot should still be hot, but not so hot that you cannot touch
> it with your hands.
> Mix it with your hands (yes, it's a sticky, gooey mixture, but fun!) and
> then put it into a cake pan. You'll need a cake pan that's at least
> 12"x10", or 2 smaller cake pans. Be sure to put some foil or wax paper at
> the bottom of the pan(s) and put the puff wheat into the cake pan, pressing
> down firmly with your hands. Allow it to cool - on the counter is just
> fine - and then you can cut and eat.
> You can also add extras, like raisins, nuts, Smarties, chocolate chips,
> etc., and you add that in when you are measuring the puff wheat, BEFORE you
> pour in your mixture of margarine, syrup, etc. Then just keep going as
> normal.
>
> It's fairly easy, doesn't take long, and I'll tell you, I love them!
> They also freeze really nice if you make too much and want to store for
> later. They thaw out really nicely and still taste really good.
>
> Hope the directions make some sense... Real easy to make, and really
> inexpensive and fast!

Thanxs Kat,
Hey these sound like a fun something to do at the daycare with the kids
!
I volunteer a couple days a month, do crafty things and since cooking
is my *thing* I have done a few fun snacks with them. I'll let you know
how the kiddos like the sticky fun and the product of their efforts! Bev

Bev
July 10th 05, 12:47 PM
*snip*
> I'm on the phone with Grandma right now! ;) She's getting me the
> ingredients and directions and all that right now.
>
> Ingredients:
> 1 C Margarine
> 1 C Syrup (Pancake syrup, maple syrup, "golden beehive syrup" is what my
> grandma said she uses often, but ANY type of syrup will do just fine)
> 1 C Sugar (1/2 white, 1/2 brown, but 1 cup of white sugar works fine if
> that's all you have)
> 3 Tbsp Cocoa
>
> 14 C Puffed wheat
>
> Boil margarine, syrup, sugar and cocoa on the stove. Mix often - just until
> it starts to bubble. Take off stove and put aside to cool just a little
> bit. As soon as you take the mixture off the stove, allow to cool about as
> long as it takes you to measure 14 C of plain puffed wheat.
> Pour the boiled, and somewhat cooled, mixture onto the puffed wheat. The
> bottom of your pot should still be hot, but not so hot that you cannot touch
> it with your hands.
> Mix it with your hands (yes, it's a sticky, gooey mixture, but fun!) and
> then put it into a cake pan. You'll need a cake pan that's at least
> 12"x10", or 2 smaller cake pans. Be sure to put some foil or wax paper at
> the bottom of the pan(s) and put the puff wheat into the cake pan, pressing
> down firmly with your hands. Allow it to cool - on the counter is just
> fine - and then you can cut and eat.
> You can also add extras, like raisins, nuts, Smarties, chocolate chips,
> etc., and you add that in when you are measuring the puff wheat, BEFORE you
> pour in your mixture of margarine, syrup, etc. Then just keep going as
> normal.
>
> It's fairly easy, doesn't take long, and I'll tell you, I love them!
> They also freeze really nice if you make too much and want to store for
> later. They thaw out really nicely and still taste really good.
>
> Hope the directions make some sense... Real easy to make, and really
> inexpensive and fast!

Thanxs Kat,
Hey these sound like a fun something to do at the daycare with the kids
!
I volunteer a couple days a month, do crafty things and since cooking
is my *thing* I have done a few fun snacks with them. I'll let you know
how the kiddos like the sticky fun and the product of their efforts! Bev

Bev
July 10th 05, 12:52 PM
Ugh this google stuff really sucks sorry for what ever this was all
about LOL!

P. Fritz
July 10th 05, 03:24 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> So... we're fundraising to get a speaker in (Froma Walsh, if I remember
> correctly) and so far, I've baked blueberry muffins and cupcakes for the
> bake sales. We have six more days of bake sales and I don't want to make
> cupcakes or cookies. I was looking at crockpot recipes for easy candies
> or snack mix ideas... nothing interesting there though. It has to
> transport well (the cupcakes were a pain in the ass).
>
> Any ideas?

Cranberry Orange bread :-q

> 'Kate

Tiffany
July 11th 05, 02:41 AM
"P. Fritz" > wrote in message

> "'Kate" > wrote in message
> > So... we're fundraising to get a speaker in (Froma Walsh, if I remember
> > correctly) and so far, I've baked blueberry muffins and cupcakes for
> the
> > bake sales. We have six more days of bake sales and I don't want to
> make
> > cupcakes or cookies. I was looking at crockpot recipes for easy candies
> > or snack mix ideas... nothing interesting there though. It has to
> > transport well (the cupcakes were a pain in the ass).
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >

> Cranberry Orange bread :-q
>
> > 'Kate

yummy.

how about choc chip muffins?

July 13th 05, 02:19 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> So... we're fundraising to get a speaker in (Froma Walsh, if I remember
> correctly) and so far, I've baked blueberry muffins and cupcakes for the
> bake sales. We have six more days of bake sales and I don't want to make
> cupcakes or cookies. I was looking at crockpot recipes for easy candies
> or snack mix ideas... nothing interesting there though. It has to
> transport well (the cupcakes were a pain in the ass).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 'Kate

Little sausage weiners in bbq sauce.
Yum mee

"Just say no" prevents the teen drug problem the way 'Have a nice day'
cures chronic depression.

July 13th 05, 09:15 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:19:59 GMT, "V" > the
> following was posted in blue dry erase marker:
>

>>"'Kate" > wrote in message
>>> So... we're fundraising to get a speaker in (Froma Walsh, if I remember
>>> correctly) and so far, I've baked blueberry muffins and cupcakes for the
>>> bake sales. We have six more days of bake sales and I don't want to make
>>> cupcakes or cookies. I was looking at crockpot recipes for easy candies
>>> or snack mix ideas... nothing interesting there though. It has to
>>> transport well (the cupcakes were a pain in the ass).
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> 'Kate
>>>

>>Little sausage weiners in bbq sauce.
>>Yum mee
>
> My kiddos LOVE those! But it's a bake sale with just cakes & cookies.
> I ended up buying some cookies and a bundt cake for yesterday's sale but
> I'm going to try to make something for next tuesday.
>
> 'Kate

Wal mart is my favorite bakery.
heh
Not only is women's work never done, the definition keeps changing. ~Bill
Copeland

jembieram
July 15th 05, 11:27 AM
> So... we're fundraising to get a speaker in (Froma Walsh, if I remember
> correctly) and so far, I've baked blueberry muffins and cupcakes for the
> bake sales. We have six more days of bake sales and I don't want to make
> cupcakes or cookies. I was looking at crockpot recipes for easy candies
> or snack mix ideas... nothing interesting there though. It has to
> transport well (the cupcakes were a pain in the ass).

Am i too late for this? I bet i am aren't i?
We find that mini jellies are fun to do for bake sales. We make up the jelly
as normal then pour it into small plastic cups. Sometimes we put little
sweets in the bottom and sell them with a plastic spoon so they can eat them
there or cover them with cling film so they can take them home :)
--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't ever stop believing........

http://goodsbyjen.cjb.net/
http://morestuffbyjen.cjb.net/

Bev
July 16th 05, 12:43 PM
snip..

We
need a new fundraiser.

Try the "girls in wet T shirts" car wash, has em linin up down the
road! 5 bucks a pop and you can have sooo much fun . Well it works
great out in my neck of the woods .............:)

Alex Nemeth
July 18th 05, 02:03 AM
'Kate wrote:
> So... we're fundraising to get a speaker in (Froma Walsh, if I remember
> correctly) and so far, I've baked blueberry muffins and cupcakes for the
> bake sales. We have six more days of bake sales and I don't want to make
> cupcakes or cookies. I was looking at crockpot recipes for easy candies
> or snack mix ideas... nothing interesting there though. It has to
> transport well (the cupcakes were a pain in the ass).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 'Kate

Bake sales for a Guest Speaker?!

YOu can try candy Apples, although I'd probable do something like
Chocolate Candy molds

http://www.pinenose.com/camamo.html

We can buy most of the supplys in our local supermarket.

Alex Nemeth
July 18th 05, 02:55 AM
Bev wrote:
> snip..
>
> We
> need a new fundraiser.
>

> Try the "girls in wet T shirts" car wash, has em linin up down the
> road! 5 bucks a pop and you can have sooo much fun . Well it works
> great out in my neck of the woods .............:)

<Chuckle> Around here thoughts like that could land someone in jail (
Since most of the car washes are done by High school students )

However along those same lines;

How about a "Babes of ASS-P" Calendar? ( You old timers may remember
this thread :-) )

Seriously though, how about a lottery? We use a system based upon NY's
daily drawing which is a 3 digit number. You sell 1,000 tickets
numbered 000 to 999 for about $5.00each. The ticket is good for 1 month.
I'd have to do check through some records, but I think we netted close
to $1,500 after all payouts.

Another group is selling raffle tickets at $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00
with a $300.00/200.00/100.00 payoff ( there are close to 5,000 tickets
out ) even if you only sold 1,000 there would be a profit of $500.00

Hummmmm......you live in Texas, I'm not sure what your lottery laws are,
so this may not be valid where you live