PDA

View Full Version : Re: head is up, damnit

Plissken
July 16th 03, 06:58 AM
"Lee" > wrote in message
<snip>

Do you have any prenatal yoga classes in your area? I know some people try
to turn the baby around with various yoga poses. Wouldn't hurt to talk to a
yoga instructor, but make sure they are informed about prenatal yoga and
what is safe and what is not.

Nadene

Clare Elliott
July 16th 03, 08:26 AM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:02:20 +1000, "Lee"
> wrote:

>Hiya
>
>Well I've just had my 34 week appointment and am disappointed to announce
>that junior, who has been heads down since week 28, has *now* decided to go
>breech.
>
>If junior doesn't get his/her act together in a fortnight, I've been
>informed I'll have to have a c-section. (Hospital policy for breech
>apparently. My GP also told me she doesn't know anyone who delivers breech
>nowadays because of health risks and legal liability issues) And while she
>said 'there is still room for the baby to move' it had that sort of tone of
>voice normally associated with 'well you *could* still win lotto...'
>On an unrelated note, there is a $19M lotto draw in a fortnight, so I bought
>a ticket today thinking, maybe it's fate! (wry grin)

If it's any help, I was in the exact same situation a few weeks back
at 34 weeks (and the hospital wouldn't consider a version due to a
previous c/s), and got the same reaction.

Kiddo decided to flip on the morning of my return visit to hospital at
37 (and a bit) weeks despite the lack of room. I did wonder what on
earth it was trying to do in there at the time, however - just
watching the antics from the outside was pretty amazing! Maybe I
should have bought a lottery ticket too...

Clare

Stephanie S
July 16th 03, 06:03 PM
"Lee" > wrote in message
> Hiya
>
> Well I've just had my 34 week appointment and am disappointed to announce
> that junior, who has been heads down since week 28, has *now* decided to
go
> breech.
>
> If junior doesn't get his/her act together in a fortnight, I've been
> informed I'll have to have a c-section. (Hospital policy for breech
> apparently. My GP also told me she doesn't know anyone who delivers breech
> nowadays because of health risks and legal liability issues) And while she
> said 'there is still room for the baby to move' it had that sort of tone
of
> voice normally associated with 'well you *could* still win lotto...'
> On an unrelated note, there is a $19M lotto draw in a fortnight, so I
bought
> a ticket today thinking, maybe it's fate! (wry grin)
>
> Apparently I want to be on my hands and knees with my bum in the air a
lot,
> as this has been known to help... Well my mother is visiting from
interstate
> tomorrow, and I was thinking the bathroom floor was filthy, so I'm
guessing
> this a sign I should clean up! So now I have a clean bathroom, laundry,
> kitchen and dining floor and...
> (no, I don't do house calls...)
>
> Apart from the scrubbing floors, and the very attractive pose demonstrated
> by the physio, which involves me being on my hands and knees with my butt
in
> the air, doing a movement best described as something you'd expect to see
> constipated duck doing, does anyone have any suggestions about how to get
> the young one focussed on heads down?
>
> Vaguely depressed,
>
> Lee

Now, I may be terribly mistaken, but as far as I know, there is no
connection between the position of the baby now and later during delivery.
They can even turn on their own in labor AFAIK. Why worry about it? Do you
have a history of breech or something? And why does the baby have to turn
in 2 weeks? If you are 34 weeks now, in 2 weeks you will be 36. Doesn't
that give you 4+ more weeks to wait for onset of labor and turning and all
that?

Sorry if I missed some background I should know about.

Hope that junior turns for you. Have you considered asking him/her to do so?
I may be nuts, but when I ask my little one to stop kicking me in the ribs,
she usually does.

Stephanie

Larry McMahan
July 16th 03, 08:02 PM
Lee > writes:
[...]

: the air, doing a movement best described as something you'd expect to see a
: constipated duck doing, does anyone have any suggestions about how to get
: the young one focussed on heads down?

: Vaguely depressed,

: Lee

The following worked for Monika to turn a transverse when she
was 34 weeks. You should drink a glass of orange juice just
before trying it.

Subject: Re: transverse/overdue/good grief, what next?!
Newsgroups: misc.kids.pregnancy