PDA

View Full Version : Re: no poop for 2 days

Karlisa
July 10th 05, 05:12 PM
news:1121010225.151552d5ec2f4707dc66cc6084a5ed58@m eganetnews2...
> my 4mo old has not had a bm for 2 whole days--today is beginning the
> third.
> he generally goes 1/day or every other day. should I be concerned? he is
> still breastmilk fed. thanks.

I wouldn't necessarily be concerned. Breastfed babies tend to go more days
between bowel movements than formula fed babies. When my youngest son was
born, it seemed we were changing poopy diapers every day for the first
couple of months and then it gradually leveled out. He just had one
today--his first in 5 days. The oldest one was formula fed and did have
more frequent bowel movements.

lisa
micksmom
mick 7-12-02
noah 1-24-05

sharonx9
July 10th 05, 07:45 PM
wrote:
> my 4mo old has not had a bm for 2 whole days--today is beginning the third.
> he generally goes 1/day or every other day. should I be concerned? he is
> still breastmilk fed. thanks.j

I wouldn't worry too much. My last daugther (now just over 2 yrs) was
breastfed up until a few months ago. When she was a small infant she
would go as much as 7 -10 days between bowel movements. Her ped said
that as long as she was not in pain it was ok. She just said that
breastfed babies tend to use all of the milk they get and there is less
"waste".

sharon

Mum of Two
July 11th 05, 01:14 AM
> wrote in message
news:1121010225.151552d5ec2f4707dc66cc6084a5ed58@m eganetnews2...
> my 4mo old has not had a bm for 2 whole days--today is beginning the
> third.
> he generally goes 1/day or every other day. should I be concerned? he is
> still breastmilk fed. thanks.

Normal! He may go a week. Try googling misc.kids.breastfeeding

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,