PDA

View Full Version : Could I Be Pregnant?

Jenny
July 11th 05, 03:07 PM
I am normally on Ortho-Evra, however I temporarily have been off of it for 2
weeks now as my prescription ran out & they needed an exam for me before
they would prescribe more. (They were supposed to honor it when I had the
test DONE, not when the results came back, so they told me--anyway, since
June 28th when I was due to return to it, I have not been.)

My last "bleed" was June 23rd (during the "non-wear" week" so that means
yesterday was Day 18. My husband & I had "unprotected" intercourse, he did
have condoms but I really hate their feel and we went ahead without them.

Obviously the best way to make sure is to get a test or whatever, but what
are the odds of a pregnancy on Day 18? Should I get the "Plan B" emergency
contraception today and hope for the best? (http://www.go2planb.com/) And
when should I resume the Ortho Evra (I did just get them renewed last week,
haven't reapplied yet as I am awaiting proper instructions on when to & how
long before it will be "safe")?

Jenrose
July 11th 05, 03:10 PM
"Jenny" > wrote in message
>I am normally on Ortho-Evra, however I temporarily have been off of it for
>2 weeks now as my prescription ran out & they needed an exam for me before
>they would prescribe more. (They were supposed to honor it when I had the
>test DONE, not when the results came back, so they told me--anyway, since
>June 28th when I was due to return to it, I have not been.)
>
> My last "bleed" was June 23rd (during the "non-wear" week" so that means
> yesterday was Day 18. My husband & I had "unprotected" intercourse, he did
> have condoms but I really hate their feel and we went ahead without them.
>
> Obviously the best way to make sure is to get a test or whatever, but what
> are the odds of a pregnancy on Day 18? Should I get the "Plan B" emergency
> contraception today and hope for the best?

Plan B only works within 3-5 days of unprotected sex, so if you're past that
time there's no point.

Jenrose

Cuddlefish
July 11th 05, 03:17 PM
"Jenny" > wrote in message
>I am normally on Ortho-Evra, however I temporarily have been off of it for
>2 weeks now as my prescription ran out & they needed an exam for me before
>they would prescribe more. (They were supposed to honor it when I had the
>test DONE, not when the results came back, so they told me--anyway, since
>June 28th when I was due to return to it, I have not been.)
>
> My last "bleed" was June 23rd (during the "non-wear" week" so that means
> yesterday was Day 18. My husband & I had "unprotected" intercourse, he did
> have condoms but I really hate their feel and we went ahead without them.
>
> Obviously the best way to make sure is to get a test or whatever, but what
> are the odds of a pregnancy on Day 18? Should I get the "Plan B" emergency
> contraception today and hope for the best? (http://www.go2planb.com/) And
> when should I resume the Ortho Evra (I did just get them renewed last
> week, haven't reapplied yet as I am awaiting proper instructions on when
> to & how long before it will be "safe")?

Do you want to make sure you are not pregnant? Then the morning after pill
[Plan B] is your best bet if you have had unprotected sex within 72 hours.
It is probable you didn't conceive if the pill had supressed your ovulation
and you have nothing to worry about but stranger things have happened to
women over history. I would suggest taking more responsibility for your own
birth control. Sure your prescription ran out but the doctor and pharmacy
did not make you have unprotected sex - that was your decision. However, if
you do want to get pregnant, good luck!

--
Jacqueline
#1 Due late Jul/early Aug

Ericka Kammerer
July 11th 05, 03:17 PM
Jenny wrote:

> Obviously the best way to make sure is to get a test or whatever, but what
> are the odds of a pregnancy on Day 18?

There's no way to answer that question, really. It depens
on when *YOU* ovulate, and all women do not ovulate on the Magical
Fourteenth Day.

> Should I get the "Plan B" emergency
> contraception today and hope for the best? (http://www.go2planb.com/)

Well, there is certainly a possibility that you got pregnant,
so if avoiding pregnancy is a high priority, you can't assume you're
not pregnant, and you can't wait until you've got a positive pregnancy
test for this to work.

> And
> when should I resume the Ortho Evra (I did just get them renewed last week,
> haven't reapplied yet as I am awaiting proper instructions on when to & how
> long before it will be "safe")?

That I don't know.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Sue
July 11th 05, 03:31 PM
"Jenny" > wrote in message
> Obviously the best way to make sure is to get a test or whatever, but what
> are the odds of a pregnancy on Day 18?

Take a test and see. I know that I tested the second day after my periods
were due and they tested accurately.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)