PDA

View Full Version : Terrible pain!

xkatx
July 11th 05, 04:00 PM
Hey everyone,
I have yet another question, and I'm wondering if this is normal or not.
I'm 38 weeks (today, I guess) and for the past 3 or so days, I have major
pain in my crotch area. It's right between my legs, at the leg/hip joints
on both sides. When I go to bed, I wake up with the horrible pain, and it
takes a few hours after getting up for the pain to go away somewhat. It
still lingers during the day, but I am able to walk without being in so much
pain, but first thing in the morning, or if I sit for more than about 10
mins, I get up and it feels so stiff and very, very sore. Sitting down does
not hurt. Just if I move my legs or get up, the pain hits.
Is this normal? I thought maybe the baby has moved real far down or
something, and DH hasn't a clue but figures that could make sense. I do not
recall this with pregnancy #1 and #2. Has anyone else had anything like
this? Is it normal? Am I doing too much that could cause this? I have
been trying to do this major cleaning, but I do always make sure to take
frequent breaks if I even feel slightly tired, and I do take a short break
before I feel dizzy or anything like that.
This really sucks. Is there anything that can be done or is this to be
expected?

Pologirl
July 11th 05, 04:30 PM
xkatx wrote:
> I have major
> pain in my crotch area. It's right between my legs, at the leg/hip joints
> on both sides.

Your hip joints are not in your crotch area right between your
legs. So I have no idea where it hurts, other than somewhere
in your pelvic girdle. How about looking at Gray's Anatomy or
similar on the web, to identify customary words for the exact
place(s) where it hurts? Then describe it again to us, so we
can offer relevant advice.

July 11th 05, 04:30 PM
Maybe its abit late in the day for SPD?

Symphysis Pubis Disorder

Softening of your bones in your pelvic region.

If it is this, I beleive you got to keep your legs together, sleep with a
pillow between them etc?

Forgive me If I have got this wrong.

"xkatx" > wrote in message
> Hey everyone,
> I have yet another question, and I'm wondering if this is normal or not.
> I'm 38 weeks (today, I guess) and for the past 3 or so days, I have major
> pain in my crotch area. It's right between my legs, at the leg/hip joints
> on both sides. When I go to bed, I wake up with the horrible pain, and it
> takes a few hours after getting up for the pain to go away somewhat. It
> still lingers during the day, but I am able to walk without being in so
much
> pain, but first thing in the morning, or if I sit for more than about 10
> mins, I get up and it feels so stiff and very, very sore. Sitting down
does
> not hurt. Just if I move my legs or get up, the pain hits.
> Is this normal? I thought maybe the baby has moved real far down or
> something, and DH hasn't a clue but figures that could make sense. I do
not
> recall this with pregnancy #1 and #2. Has anyone else had anything like
> this? Is it normal? Am I doing too much that could cause this? I have
> been trying to do this major cleaning, but I do always make sure to take
> frequent breaks if I even feel slightly tired, and I do take a short break
> before I feel dizzy or anything like that.
> This really sucks. Is there anything that can be done or is this to be
> expected?

Anne Rogers
July 11th 05, 05:33 PM
> Maybe its abit late in the day for SPD?
>
> Symphysis Pubis Disorder
>
> Softening of your bones in your pelvic region.
>
> If it is this, I beleive you got to keep your legs together, sleep with a
> pillow between them etc?

never too late for SPD!

however I wouldn't describe this as the crotch, but above the crotch, so I'm
a bit confused!

Anne

Tori M
July 11th 05, 06:08 PM
I had something like that.. The OB I saw that month said it was a pulled
muscle and she even "showed" me where it was by poking at it.. lol all I can
say is OWIE!

Tori

--
Xavier- 10/27/05 "Oooohh whats that on the floor? a dime? Yummy!"
Bonnie- 03/20/02 "Mommy look a cloud worm is eating the care bears"
"xkatx" > wrote in message
> Hey everyone,
> I have yet another question, and I'm wondering if this is normal or not.
> I'm 38 weeks (today, I guess) and for the past 3 or so days, I have major
> pain in my crotch area. It's right between my legs, at the leg/hip joints
> on both sides. When I go to bed, I wake up with the horrible pain, and it
> takes a few hours after getting up for the pain to go away somewhat. It
> still lingers during the day, but I am able to walk without being in so
much
> pain, but first thing in the morning, or if I sit for more than about 10
> mins, I get up and it feels so stiff and very, very sore. Sitting down
does
> not hurt. Just if I move my legs or get up, the pain hits.
> Is this normal? I thought maybe the baby has moved real far down or
> something, and DH hasn't a clue but figures that could make sense. I do
not
> recall this with pregnancy #1 and #2. Has anyone else had anything like
> this? Is it normal? Am I doing too much that could cause this? I have
> been trying to do this major cleaning, but I do always make sure to take
> frequent breaks if I even feel slightly tired, and I do take a short break
> before I feel dizzy or anything like that.
> This really sucks. Is there anything that can be done or is this to be
> expected?

xkatx
July 11th 05, 09:48 PM
"Pologirl" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> xkatx wrote:
>> I have major
>> pain in my crotch area. It's right between my legs, at the leg/hip
>> joints
>> on both sides.
>
> Your hip joints are not in your crotch area right between your
> legs. So I have no idea where it hurts, other than somewhere
> in your pelvic girdle. How about looking at Gray's Anatomy or
> similar on the web, to identify customary words for the exact
> place(s) where it hurts? Then describe it again to us, so we
> can offer relevant advice.

Sorry!
I get pain that goes from my hips and it feels like it goes from my hips, on
the side of my body, down to the crotch area. It's like that whole area.
Sometimes it even feels like it moves towards my low back, near my bum, kind
of like tailbone area.
http://catalog.nucleusinc.com/imagescooked/642W.jpg (just random "human
anatomy - anterior view" picture from google images)
Where I feel most pain goes from where the picture indicates the "Pelvic
Bones" down to around the half way mark between where it says, "L/R
FFemorial Artery" and "L/R Femur"
It's kind of like my entire lower/middle body, I guess.
Does that help a little? Or is it still making no sense?

xkatx
July 11th 05, 10:01 PM
"Anne Rogers" > wrote in message
>> Maybe its abit late in the day for SPD?
>>
>> Symphysis Pubis Disorder
>>
>> Softening of your bones in your pelvic region.
>>
>> If it is this, I beleive you got to keep your legs together, sleep with a
>> pillow between them etc?
>
> never too late for SPD!
>
> however I wouldn't describe this as the crotch, but above the crotch, so
> I'm a bit confused!
>
> Anne

I've never heard of this SPD... I'll definitely google it and see if I can
find info on it and see if it sounds like what I feel. This pain I have is
pretty much the whole area from around my hips down to my crotch. It's kind
of like the whole area...

xkatx
July 11th 05, 10:04 PM
"Tori M" > wrote in message
>I had something like that.. The OB I saw that month said it was a pulled
> muscle and she even "showed" me where it was by poking at it.. lol all I
> can
> say is OWIE!
>
> Tori

I'm in the doc's tomorrow, so this is something I will definitely ask about.
It's just too much of a major discomfort to not remember or ask!
I wonder if it was possible I pulled something... I have been cleaning and
all that, and this cleaning has been washing walls and floors and windows
and moving furniture around rooms to wash floors and walls under
beds/sofa/dressers etc., but I've always had DH move the furniture, even the
smallest pieces, as well as boxes and stuff - he's done all that moving...
He does the ceilings and the tops of the walls that I cannot reach by simply
standing on the floor.
Poking or no poking, I definitely say OWIE! too! lol

> --
> Xavier- 10/27/05 "Oooohh whats that on the floor? a dime? Yummy!"
> Bonnie- 03/20/02 "Mommy look a cloud worm is eating the care bears"
> 349.5/318.5/135
> "xkatx" > wrote in message
>> Hey everyone,
>> I have yet another question, and I'm wondering if this is normal or not.
>> I'm 38 weeks (today, I guess) and for the past 3 or so days, I have major
>> pain in my crotch area. It's right between my legs, at the leg/hip
>> joints
>> on both sides. When I go to bed, I wake up with the horrible pain, and
>> it
>> takes a few hours after getting up for the pain to go away somewhat. It
>> still lingers during the day, but I am able to walk without being in so
> much
>> pain, but first thing in the morning, or if I sit for more than about 10
>> mins, I get up and it feels so stiff and very, very sore. Sitting down
> does
>> not hurt. Just if I move my legs or get up, the pain hits.
>> Is this normal? I thought maybe the baby has moved real far down or
>> something, and DH hasn't a clue but figures that could make sense. I do
> not
>> recall this with pregnancy #1 and #2. Has anyone else had anything like
>> this? Is it normal? Am I doing too much that could cause this? I have
>> been trying to do this major cleaning, but I do always make sure to take
>> frequent breaks if I even feel slightly tired, and I do take a short
>> break
>> before I feel dizzy or anything like that.
>> This really sucks. Is there anything that can be done or is this to be
>> expected?

KellyH
July 13th 05, 07:07 AM
"z" > wrote in message
> Maybe its abit late in the day for SPD?
>
> Symphysis Pubis Disorder
>
> Softening of your bones in your pelvic region.
>
> If it is this, I beleive you got to keep your legs together, sleep with a
> pillow between them etc?
>
> Forgive me If I have got this wrong.

Thanks for posting about this! I just Googled it and this is definitely
what I have. I thought I was just being melodramatic about the pain I'm
having. I'm getting to where I can barely walk sometimes.

-Kelly (33 weeks w/twins)