PDA

View Full Version : Another night in L&D

Crystal Dreamer
July 12th 05, 01:38 PM
I went to L&D last Sunday night because I was having contractions about 10
minutes apart. They monitored me for 5 hours and I got a shot of
terbutaline. My cervix is closed but the doctor thinks it might be
funnelling based on my last cervical length. Good news is the fetal
fibronectin came back negative, so it's just an irritable uterus. I'm
supposed to go back in if the contractions start back up. So far I've only
had a few more contractions (about normal) and cramping (also normal.)

Jamie Clark
July 12th 05, 04:10 PM
Glad that you are home, safe and sound. How much longer until they don't
bother to stop it?
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Crystal Dreamer" > wrote in message
>I went to L&D last Sunday night because I was having contractions about 10
> minutes apart. They monitored me for 5 hours and I got a shot of
> terbutaline. My cervix is closed but the doctor thinks it might be
> funnelling based on my last cervical length. Good news is the fetal
> fibronectin came back negative, so it's just an irritable uterus. I'm
> supposed to go back in if the contractions start back up. So far I've
> only
> had a few more contractions (about normal) and cramping (also normal.)

Emily
July 12th 05, 05:23 PM
Crystal Dreamer wrote:
> I went to L&D last Sunday night because I was having contractions about 10
> minutes apart. They monitored me for 5 hours and I got a shot of
> terbutaline. My cervix is closed but the doctor thinks it might be
> funnelling based on my last cervical length. Good news is the fetal
> fibronectin came back negative, so it's just an irritable uterus. I'm
> supposed to go back in if the contractions start back up. So far I've only
> had a few more contractions (about normal) and cramping (also normal.)

That doesn't sound like fun :( I'm glad everything is fine
so far, though. How far along are you?

Emily

Ilse Witch
July 12th 05, 09:16 PM
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:38:43 -0500, Crystal Dreamer wrote:

> I went to L&D last Sunday night because I was having contractions about 10
> minutes apart. They monitored me for 5 hours and I got a shot of
> terbutaline. My cervix is closed but the doctor thinks it might be
> funnelling based on my last cervical length. Good news is the fetal
> fibronectin came back negative, so it's just an irritable uterus. I'm
> supposed to go back in if the contractions start back up. So far I've only
> had a few more contractions (about normal) and cramping (also normal.)

I'm glad things turned out well, but it still sounds like an experience
you'd rather not have (((Lisa))). You sound rather relaxed about all this,
but then there's little you can do about it, is there?

I've been having some highly irregular contractions, and the only response
from my OB/GYN here was "if they wake you up, you can always take a
sleeping pill"... It wasn't until I got home that I realized the enormous
difference with the response I would have received in the US. They didn't
even check cervical length, but I'm far enough along that I don't worry
too much.

--
--I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Crystal Dreamer
July 12th 05, 09:41 PM
Jamie Clark wrote:
> Glad that you are home, safe and sound. How much longer until they
> don't bother to stop it?

Last time, my OB stopped it right up until 37 weeks (using medication &
bedrest.) The boys were born at 37 weeks 1 day.

--
-Lisa
Baby Girl due September 2005

Crystal Dreamer
July 12th 05, 09:41 PM
Emily wrote:
> That doesn't sound like fun :( I'm glad everything is fine
> so far, though. How far along are you?
>
> Emily

I'm 28 weeks now! It's really flown by.

--
-Lisa
Baby Girl due September 2005
Mom to Aaron & Nicholas born 7/25/04
Mom to Mariam Averi, born sleeping 9/10/03
http://www.memoriesofmariam.com

Crystal Dreamer
July 12th 05, 09:43 PM
Ilse Witch wrote:
> I'm glad things turned out well, but it still sounds like an
> experience you'd rather not have (((Lisa))). You sound rather relaxed
> about all this, but then there's little you can do about it, is there?
>
> I've been having some highly irregular contractions, and the only
> response from my OB/GYN here was "if they wake you up, you can always
> take a
> sleeping pill"... It wasn't until I got home that I realized the
> enormous difference with the response I would have received in the
> US. They didn't even check cervical length, but I'm far enough along
> that I don't worry
> too much.

It's just a "been there, done that" kind of thing now, I'm so used to it!
The nurses came in, they all knew me from before. One nurse popped her head
in the door and said, "Lisa! You're pregnant again??" LOL

Ilse, you're so close! I'm so excited for you. :)

--
-Lisa
Baby Girl due September 2005
Mom to Aaron & Nicholas born 7/25/04
Mom to Mariam Averi, born sleeping 9/10/03
http://www.memoriesofmariam.com

Mum of Two
July 15th 05, 11:32 PM
"Crystal Dreamer" > wrote in message
>I went to L&D last Sunday night because I was having contractions about 10
> minutes apart. They monitored me for 5 hours and I got a shot of
> terbutaline. My cervix is closed but the doctor thinks it might be
> funnelling based on my last cervical length. Good news is the fetal
> fibronectin came back negative, so it's just an irritable uterus. I'm
> supposed to go back in if the contractions start back up. So far I've
> only
> had a few more contractions (about normal) and cramping (also normal.)

(((Lisa)))
Continued good thoughts your way. I'm glad you're past 28 weeks my friend -
I know there are no certainties in life, but every milestone is a small
relief.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,