PDA

View Full Version : blood test Is tomorrow

julie MT
July 15th 05, 02:10 AM
hello everyone,
I'm a young wife that took a home test about a week ago and has been
sick at my tummy for two weeks. I go in the morning to have blood
test. should I be scared?

Dagny
July 15th 05, 02:20 AM
"julie MT" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> hello everyone,
> I'm a young wife that took a home test about a week ago and has been
> sick at my tummy for two weeks. I go in the morning to have blood
> test. should I be scared?

Are you afraid of needles? Please elaborate ... Also your desired test
results might be helpful.

Mamma Mia
July 15th 05, 01:37 PM
hi julie

do you want to be pregnant? are you scared of the result? or scared of the
test, cos dont worry about that!

good luck, and i would encourage you to hang around here, you will learn A
LOT!!

chris
"julie MT" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> hello everyone,
> I'm a young wife that took a home test about a week ago and has been
> sick at my tummy for two weeks. I go in the morning to have blood
> test. should I be scared?

Ericka Kammerer
July 15th 05, 01:51 PM
julie MT wrote:

> hello everyone,
> I'm a young wife that took a home test about a week ago and has been
> sick at my tummy for two weeks. I go in the morning to have blood
> test. should I be scared?

Was the home test positive or negative? Blood tests are
usually unnecessary to diagnose a pregnancy. Home tests are quite
accurate, especially if they're positive. If you had a positive
home test, you don't *need* the blood test to diagnose pregnancy.
(And if you had a negative test a week ago, you might try a home
test again, as it might be positive now.)
Or are you talking about the standard prenatal blood labs,
not a pregnancy test?

Best wishes,
Ericka

Jamie Clark
July 15th 05, 04:29 PM
Why would you be scared?
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

julie MT
July 15th 05, 10:20 PM
my home test was positive and today my husband over sleep I'm so mad. I
know that I am because my body says I am. And yes the test was for
pregnancy.

julie MT
July 15th 05, 10:20 PM
my home test was positive and today my husband over sleep I'm so mad. I
know that I am because my body says I am. And yes the test was for
pregnancy.

Ericka Kammerer
July 15th 05, 10:28 PM
julie MT wrote:

> my home test was positive and today my husband over sleep I'm so mad. I
> know that I am because my body says I am. And yes the test was for
> pregnancy.

Then there is no need for a blood test to confirm pregnancy.
You're as pregnant as you're going to get ;-) None of my caregivers
ever gave a blood test after a positive home pregnancy test. I'm
sure some will still do that, but why get stuck if you don't need
to? You'll get poked soon enough for the prenatal blood labs.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Cuddlefish
July 15th 05, 10:31 PM
"julie MT" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> my home test was positive and today my husband over sleep I'm so mad. I
> know that I am because my body says I am. And yes the test was for
> pregnancy.

You have a positive home pregnancy test? Then you are most probably
pregnant! I never had a blood test for pregnancy and I am sitting here with
a HUGE belly waiting for this baby to make up its mind on a date. ;-)
In other words, I don't think you need a blood test. :-)

--
Jacqueline
#1 Due late Jul/early Aug

July 26th 05, 01:58 AM
julie MT > writes:
: hello everyone,
: I'm a young wife that took a home test about a week ago and has been
: sick at my tummy for two weeks. I go in the morning to have blood
: test. should I be scared?

If you have already taken a home test, why are you doing a blood test.
Was it nagative? False positives are rare on home tests.

Regarding being scared: why, what would you be scared of? Do you want
to have a baby? Are you excited by the prospect? Are you scared of
gettin blood drawn?

Regardless, if you are pregnant, you should continue reading and posting
here. It is a great support group for parents having babies.

Larry