PDA

View Full Version : question

April & BabyStrongBow
July 15th 05, 05:30 PM
Hi

As most of you are aware I have been having bleeding for a few weeks now on
and off. Does anyone know thological speaking if its connected to the low
placenta how long I can expect to keep going through this on and off
bleeding. I started bleeding again this morning, still light but still its
bleeding and I am getting fed up with it now. Its so frustrating, even more
frustrating that it might not even be the placenta. Hope this post makes
sense....

April and BabyStrongBow

One month, four days, 13 hours, 0 minutes and 33 seconds. 690 cigarettes not
smoked, saving £164.07. Life saved: 2 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes.

Emily
July 15th 05, 05:47 PM
April & BabyStrongBow wrote:
> Hi
>
> As most of you are aware I have been having bleeding for a few weeks now on
> and off. Does anyone know thological speaking if its connected to the low
> placenta how long I can expect to keep going through this on and off
> bleeding. I started bleeding again this morning, still light but still its
> bleeding and I am getting fed up with it now. Its so frustrating, even more
> frustrating that it might not even be the placenta. Hope this post makes
> sense....
>
> April and BabyStrongBow

Hi April,

I don't know the answer, but it seems like what you're asking
is how long does it take (on average) for a partial or marginal
placenta previa to "move up" away from the cervix. I suspect
that there's a great deal of variation on that, and that it also
depends on where the placenta starts.

One thing I was told when I had bleeding related to placenta
previa was that the cervix is different from the rest of
the uterus, and the uterus is always contracting (even if
you can't feel it early on), that activity increases contractions,
and that the contractions can make the part of the placenta on
the cervix separate a bit, hence the bleeding. This is why
taking it easy is supposed to minimize bleeding in this situation.

Does that make sense?

Emily
--
DS 5/02
EDD Labor Day 9/5/05

April & BabyStrongBow
July 15th 05, 07:44 PM

> Hi April,
>
> I don't know the answer, but it seems like what you're asking
> is how long does it take (on average) for a partial or marginal
> placenta previa to "move up" away from the cervix. I suspect
> that there's a great deal of variation on that, and that it also
> depends on where the placenta starts.
>
> One thing I was told when I had bleeding related to placenta
> previa was that the cervix is different from the rest of
> the uterus, and the uterus is always contracting (even if
> you can't feel it early on), that activity increases contractions,
> and that the contractions can make the part of the placenta on
> the cervix separate a bit, hence the bleeding. This is why
> taking it easy is supposed to minimize bleeding in this situation.
>
> Does that make sense?
>
> Emily
> --
> DS 5/02
> EDD Labor Day 9/5/05

Yep makes sense, so does that then mean that it is likely that I will bleed
on and off for the entire pregnancy? I babysat a friends one year old last
night which resulted in picking him up now and then, I think this is what
caused the bleeding again, I think im gonna have to ban myself from
babysitting for a wee while. Its so frustrating that I can not do much
around the place. OK I give in and no more babys for at least 6 months.

Emily
July 16th 05, 05:07 AM
April & BabyStrongBow wrote:
> Yep makes sense, so does that then mean that it is likely that I will bleed
> on and off for the entire pregnancy? I babysat a friends one year old last
> night which resulted in picking him up now and then, I think this is what
> caused the bleeding again, I think im gonna have to ban myself from
> babysitting for a wee while. Its so frustrating that I can not do much
> around the place. OK I give in and no more babys for at least 6 months.

I don't think it means bleeding on and off the whole time:
your placenta might well move up at some point, and if that's
what's causing the bleeding, it should clear up. What I don't
know is the answer to your first question: how long (on average)
it takes for it to move...

Emily