PDA

View Full Version : I think I've dropped

Amy
July 16th 05, 07:50 PM
Hi all,

I'm 35.5 weeks, and I think I've dropped. My husband says that
everything looks lower and more forward, and my friend Kathy agreed
when she saw me.

My question is, how long was it between when you experienced moms
"dropped" and when you gave birth?

Thanks!
Amy (hoping that it was about 10 minutes!!)

Amy
July 16th 05, 08:14 PM
Sidheag McCormack wrote:
> Amy writes:
>
> > My question is, how long was it between when you experienced moms
> > "dropped" and when you gave birth?
>
> > Thanks! Amy (hoping that it was about 10 minutes!!)
>
> Then you won't like my answer, I'm afraid - eight weeks or so :-)

<weeps>

Amy

Sidheag McCormack
July 16th 05, 08:16 PM
Amy writes:

> My question is, how long was it between when you experienced moms
> "dropped" and when you gave birth?

> Thanks! Amy (hoping that it was about 10 minutes!!)

Then you won't like my answer, I'm afraid - eight weeks or so :-)

(Checking my diary, I see that there were 7w4d between when my midwife
confirmed that Colin's head was engaged and when he was born, and it was
about a week before that appointment that I noted signs of dropping like
the ones you mention.)

Look on the bright side. Eight weeks from now, the birth probably will have
happened! <vbg>

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003

Ericka Kammerer
July 16th 05, 08:48 PM
Amy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm 35.5 weeks, and I think I've dropped. My husband says that
> everything looks lower and more forward, and my friend Kathy agreed
> when she saw me.
>
> My question is, how long was it between when you experienced moms
> "dropped" and when you gave birth?

Sorry, but for me it was weeks, even with my first :-(

Best wishes,
Ericka

Emily
July 16th 05, 09:59 PM
Ericka Kammerer wrote:
> Amy wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm 35.5 weeks, and I think I've dropped. My husband says that
>> everything looks lower and more forward, and my friend Kathy agreed
>> when she saw me.
>>
>> My question is, how long was it between when you experienced moms
>> "dropped" and when you gave birth?
>

> Sorry, but for me it was weeks, even with my first :-(

I think it's typical for first babies to drop "early", i.e.
several weeks before birth...

Emily

Circe
July 16th 05, 10:48 PM
"Emily" > wrote in message
> Ericka Kammerer wrote:
>> Amy wrote:
>>> I'm 35.5 weeks, and I think I've dropped. My husband says that
>>> everything looks lower and more forward, and my friend Kathy agreed
>>> when she saw me.
>>>
>>> My question is, how long was it between when you experienced moms
>>> "dropped" and when you gave birth?
>>
>> Sorry, but for me it was weeks, even with my first :-(
>
> I think it's typical for first babies to drop "early", i.e.
> several weeks before birth...

I think dropping/engagement is typically 4-6 weeks before birth in
first-timers. But my first dropped at 33 weeks and I didn't go into labor
until I was induced at 41w4d, so for me, it was 8+ weeks and would have been
longer if I hadn't gone the induction route.
--
Be well, Barbara

Jamie Clark
July 17th 05, 06:50 AM
About 5 weeks, plus or minus 2... : )
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Amy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm 35.5 weeks, and I think I've dropped. My husband says that
> everything looks lower and more forward, and my friend Kathy agreed
> when she saw me.
>
> My question is, how long was it between when you experienced moms
> "dropped" and when you gave birth?
>
> Thanks!
> Amy (hoping that it was about 10 minutes!!)

Jake Mysterio
July 17th 05, 07:24 AM
Baby was engaged at 34weeks, delivered by a planned c-section at 38weeks.

Cheri
Mum to Sean, Jasmine (3yrs)
Tara (4weeks)
"Amy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm 35.5 weeks, and I think I've dropped. My husband says that
> everything looks lower and more forward, and my friend Kathy agreed
> when she saw me.
>
> My question is, how long was it between when you experienced moms
> "dropped" and when you gave birth?
>
> Thanks!
> Amy (hoping that it was about 10 minutes!!)

Welches
July 17th 05, 02:31 PM
"Amy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm 35.5 weeks, and I think I've dropped. My husband says that
> everything looks lower and more forward, and my friend Kathy agreed
> when she saw me.
>
> My question is, how long was it between when you experienced moms
> "dropped" and when you gave birth?
>
> Thanks!
> Amy (hoping that it was about 10 minutes!!)

You won't like this: With #2 I was engaged by 28 weeks. I don't know
exactly, but I'd been wondering about it for about 2-3 weeks beforehand and
it was then that the midwife confirmed it. She was about a week early.
You don't like me now do you! ;-P
Debbie

Anne Rogers
July 17th 05, 02:44 PM
to be honest with my first I don't think he was ever "up" to be able to
actually drop, I know I never got the small stomach short of breath thing
and was always dashing to the toilet. 2nd time around the complete opposite,
rarely needed to get up in the night to go to the toilet, she was still
really high, even when fully dilated!

Anne

Cuddlefish
July 17th 05, 04:26 PM
"Amy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm 35.5 weeks, and I think I've dropped. My husband says that
> everything looks lower and more forward, and my friend Kathy agreed
> when she saw me.
>
> My question is, how long was it between when you experienced moms
> "dropped" and when you gave birth?
>
> Thanks!
> Amy (hoping that it was about 10 minutes!!)

I dropped around 35 weeks too, and here I sit still hugely pregnant at the
beginning of 39 weeks. :-)

--
Jacqueline
#1 Due late Jul/early Aug