PDA

View Full Version : Belly cast recipe?

Kari
July 17th 03, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know how to make a belly cast? I would love to try one with this
baby and would like to have the kids help me with it but I have no idea what
it entails or how to make one! If anyone has any good concoctions for making
a sturdy belly cast I would love to hear about it. Thanks!

Kari
mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and #3 due Sept/Oct

Plissken
July 17th 03, 03:29 PM
You need plaster of paris. And here are some instructions:

http://www.bellycast.com/instructions.html

Nadene

"Kari" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to make a belly cast? I would love to try one with
this
> baby and would like to have the kids help me with it but I have no idea
what
> it entails or how to make one! If anyone has any good concoctions for
making
> a sturdy belly cast I would love to hear about it. Thanks!
>
> Kari
> mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and #3 due Sept/Oct

Plissken
July 17th 03, 03:30 PM
Oh, you will need gesso also. You should be able to pick both of these up at
most art supply stores.

Nadene

Kari
July 17th 03, 03:48 PM
Thanks! I appreciate it :) I'll let you guys know how it goes and maybe post
some pics afterwards. I probably wont be doing it for another month but now
I can get my stuff ready. Woohoo!! Messy fun!

Kari

"Plissken" > wrote in message
. ca...
> You need plaster of paris. And here are some instructions:
>
> http://www.bellycast.com/instructions.html
>
> Nadene
>
> "Kari" > wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how to make a belly cast? I would love to try one with
> this
> > baby and would like to have the kids help me with it but I have no idea
> what
> > it entails or how to make one! If anyone has any good concoctions for
> making
> > a sturdy belly cast I would love to hear about it. Thanks!
> >
> > Kari
> > mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and #3 due Sept/Oct

Jenrose
July 21st 03, 08:42 AM
"Kari" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to make a belly cast? I would love to try one with
this
> baby and would like to have the kids help me with it but I have no idea
what
> it entails or how to make one! If anyone has any good concoctions for
making
> a sturdy belly cast I would love to hear about it. Thanks!
>
> Kari
> mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and #3 due Sept/Oct

Kits are available online. www.midwiferytoday.com has them.

Jenrose