PDA

View Full Version : delivery with fibroid

firsttime
July 21st 05, 04:10 PM
I have a rather small fibriod (size of a plum). I'm 16wks now and I'll
have another u/s in a few weeks....I hope that it has not grown. But I
just want to ask you all about delivery with a fibriod. I've heard
many different things like a C-section must be done or natural delivery
is possible but don't get induced, etc. Mine is on the outside of the
uterus, on top. Thanks!

Irrational Number
July 21st 05, 06:22 PM
firsttime wrote:
> I have a rather small fibriod (size of a plum). I'm 16wks now and I'll
> have another u/s in a few weeks....I hope that it has not grown. But I
> just want to ask you all about delivery with a fibriod. I've heard
> many different things like a C-section must be done or natural delivery
> is possible but don't get induced, etc. Mine is on the outside of the
> uterus, on top. Thanks!

Has the fibroid ever caused you problems before?
Based on its location alone, I think you should be
able to deliver normally. Mine was at the bottom,
blocking the exit, so I needed a c-section (with
a vertical incision, even!).

-- Anita --

firsttime
July 21st 05, 08:26 PM
It actually was very painful for about 2 weeks before I even got
pregnant. But it hasn't caused me any problems since.

Jamie Clark
July 21st 05, 09:24 PM
I think this is only a question that time and a medical professional can
answer. The location of your fibroid is the most important factor, and of
course whether or not it grows in the remainder of your pregnancy. Unless
you can figure out a way to turn your computer and monitor into a world wide
web u/s machine, we have no real data to "diagnose" from...and of course if
you could figure out how to do that, you'd make millions!

We're not doctors, we just play them on the internet.... : )
--
Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

ModernMiko
July 22nd 05, 04:56 AM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
>I think this is only a question that time and a medical professional can
>answer. The location of your fibroid is the most important factor, and of
>course whether or not it grows in the remainder of your pregnancy. Unless
>you can figure out a way to turn your computer and monitor into a world
>wide web u/s machine, we have no real data to "diagnose" from...and of
>course if you could figure out how to do that, you'd make millions!
>
> We're not doctors, we just play them on the internet.... : )
> --
> Jamie
> Earth Angels:
> Taylor Marlys, 1/3/03 -- Little Miss Chatty, whose favorite sayings are
> "What's going on in here" and "I've gotta get out of here!
> Addison Grace, 9/30/04 -- Little Miss Into Everything, whose reach has
> extended into the whole coffee table...nothing is safe!

Very true Jamie. I can relate my experience but how much it helps, I don't
know. I had a fibroid discovered during a u/s after a miscarriage in Nov 03.
It grew during this last pregnancy until it was about 10cm x 10cm. It was at
the top outside of my uterus. It really didn't impact much except being able
to palpate a hard spot in my belly and taking up even more space than the
baby so I had more indigestion and breathing discomfort that with DS#1. I am
due to go back for an u/s to check on it's status now at almost 8 mos pp. I
am just getting back my first real period and am bleeding QUITE a bit (sorry
if TMI) so I don't know if the fibroid might be a factor in that. Do f/u
with your doc or midwife. My perinatalogist was so good at reassuring me.
The fib started out at about 3cm x 4cm and grew fairly quickly so I was
alarmed at first but after it hit 10cm x 10cm, it stopped altogether. I
never got the intense degeneration pain at about 15-18 weeks that some women
get thankfully. Good luck.

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98 (Mr Full of Questions since he began talking)

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Irrational Number
July 22nd 05, 05:40 AM
Jamie Clark wrote:

> I think this is only a question that time and a medical professional can
> answer.

Naturally! I hope that Ms. firsttime knew
that I was only speaking from my experience.
Definitely, she and her doctors should discuss
all aspects of her situation and come to a
decision together, all of us on the Internet
notwithstanding!

-- Anita --

firsttime
July 22nd 05, 02:23 PM
Jamie, I was looking for everyone's experience of course I don't expect
a medical diagnosis....it helps to know what people in a similar
situation have gone thru.

firsttime
July 22nd 05, 02:23 PM
Thank you all for your experience / input.....it helps!!