PDA

View Full Version : Olive oil or Almond Oil ?

Biju Joseph
July 17th 03, 08:50 PM
Hi,

Which is better for massaging infants ? Is there
separate olive oil for massage apart from cooking
oil ?

Thanks

Biju Joseph

Astromum
July 17th 03, 08:56 PM
Biju Joseph wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Which is better for massaging infants ? Is there
> separate olive oil for massage apart from cooking
> oil ?

I've always preferred almond oil, because of the nice smell,
but I don't know if one is better than the other. Both have
been recommended to me as excellent skin oils. There are special
baby-massage oils, but they are often very expensive and smell
awfully sweet. Personally I use a calendula based oil for DS,
but I haven't seen that available outside Europe.

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Welches
July 18th 03, 06:59 PM
Biju Joseph > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> Which is better for massaging infants ? Is there
> separate olive oil for massage apart from cooking
> oil ?
>
> Thanks
I'd be nervous of using any nut based oil, but we've a lot of history of
allergies in the family. You can get medicated olive oil from pharmasists
usually. that's what I used.
Debbie