PDA

View Full Version : Re: A humble thank you

==Daye==
July 18th 03, 05:23 AM
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 04:26:46 GMT, "Alicia Elliott"
> wrote:

>I will be sticking around until at least I have
>posted my birth story.

I am glad to see that you have changed your mind.

--
==Daye==
Momma to Jayan
#2 EDD 11 Jan 2004
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au

Astromum
July 18th 03, 02:46 PM
Alicia Elliott wrote:
> Anyway, again, a deeply felt thank you to those of you who offered your
> advice and support, and I will be sticking around until at least I have
> posted my birth story. That is one of my favourite things to read on here,
> along with seeing belly pics and baby pics, so I'll do the same.

I can't wait to read it! I know the last bits of pregnancy are weird,
and both emotionally and physically difficult. I once read in a book
that this is nature's way of preparing you for birth, changing your
mindset from enjoying pregnancy to wanting to have this kiddo out.
And it *will* come out, that's for sure. So don't be bugged too much
by everyone's expectations, your body will know when it's time.

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Amy M.
July 18th 03, 02:47 PM
I'm glad you decided to stay, Alicia! :)
--
Amy~
Tre' (6/92)

Cheryl S.
July 18th 03, 02:52 PM
Astromum > wrote in message
> I know the last bits of pregnancy are weird, and both emotionally
> and physically difficult. I once read in a book that this is nature's
> way of preparing you for birth, changing your mindset from
> enjoying pregnancy to wanting to have this kiddo out.

That's about what one of DH's co-workers told me when I was pregnant
with Julie - the purpose of the ninth month of pregnancy is to make
labor look like a preferable alternative to being pregnant anymore.
Once I'd BTDT, I completely agreed.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 3 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

David&Wendy
July 18th 03, 03:35 PM
glad you decided to stay with us!!
last month of pregnancy is the worst with your hormones and everything.. I
was like that during last two weeks left i kept on saying i can't til i see
what all this fuss is about.. He is a doll as i am sure your baby will be
also..
best of luck
wendy

"Alicia Elliott" > wrote in message
. ca...
> Hi to all, I just wanted to say a humble thank you to those of you who
> responded in kindness to my 'labour imminent' posting, and also to those
who
> encouraged me to stick around when I was feeling like things were not the
> greatest here. I have enjoyed sharing the experiences of others during
> their pregnancies, and for the few posts I have placed, there have been
some
> helpful responses. It is true that I am taking things here seriously, but
> each to his own. I am posting because I am dearly in want of some
> indications one way or the other, and I don't think I can be blamed for
> that. While I have not had a complicated pregnancy, it has been a MAJOR
> challenge for me physically and emotionally, and the closer I come, the
more
> frustrating it is. Everyone in my personal life seems to think I will
have
> this baby in the next week at the latest, but so many times I've been told
> "it'll happen" during this pregnancy, and it hasn't. Very frustrating. I
> know there is NO way to predict, but I am still curious to see if there is
> general trend for first time mums.
>
> Anyway, again, a deeply felt thank you to those of you who offered your
> advice and support, and I will be sticking around until at least I have
> posted my birth story. That is one of my favourite things to read on
here,
> along with seeing belly pics and baby pics, so I'll do the same.
>
> All the best, Alicia

Sue
July 18th 03, 04:26 PM
I'm glad you have changed your mind Alicia. Hang in there. I know this is a
stressful/hormonal time, but we are here and will be glad to help if we can.
--
Sue
mom to three girls

Alicia Elliott > wrote in message
. ca...
> Hi to all, I just wanted to say a humble thank you to those of you who
> responded in kindness to my 'labour imminent' posting, and also to those
who
> encouraged me to stick around when I was feeling like things were not the
> greatest here. I have enjoyed sharing the experiences of others during
> their pregnancies, and for the few posts I have placed, there have been
some
> helpful responses. It is true that I am taking things here seriously, but
> each to his own. I am posting because I am dearly in want of some
> indications one way or the other, and I don't think I can be blamed for
> that. While I have not had a complicated pregnancy, it has been a MAJOR
> challenge for me physically and emotionally, and the closer I come, the
more
> frustrating it is. Everyone in my personal life seems to think I will
have
> this baby in the next week at the latest, but so many times I've been told
> "it'll happen" during this pregnancy, and it hasn't. Very frustrating. I
> know there is NO way to predict, but I am still curious to see if there is
> general trend for first time mums.
>
> Anyway, again, a deeply felt thank you to those of you who offered your
> advice and support, and I will be sticking around until at least I have
> posted my birth story. That is one of my favourite things to read on
here,
> along with seeing belly pics and baby pics, so I'll do the same.
>
> All the best, Alicia

Alicia Elliott
July 18th 03, 07:59 PM
LMAO ; )

"Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
> Yes! We've brought her over to the Dark Side. Now she is as addicted
> to m.k.p as the rest of us!
>
> Larry
>
> Alicia Elliott > writes:
> : Hi to all, I just wanted to say a humble thank you to those of you who
> : responded in kindness to my 'labour imminent' posting, and also to those
who
> : encouraged me to stick around when I was feeling like things were not
the
> : greatest here. I have enjoyed sharing the experiences of others during
> : their pregnancies, and for the few posts I have placed, there have been
some
> : helpful responses. It is true that I am taking things here seriously,
but
> : each to his own. I am posting because I am dearly in want of some
> : indications one way or the other, and I don't think I can be blamed for
> : that. While I have not had a complicated pregnancy, it has been a MAJOR
> : challenge for me physically and emotionally, and the closer I come, the
more
> : frustrating it is. Everyone in my personal life seems to think I will
have
> : this baby in the next week at the latest, but so many times I've been
told
> : "it'll happen" during this pregnancy, and it hasn't. Very frustrating.
> : know there is NO way to predict, but I am still curious to see if there
is a
> : general trend for first time mums.
>
> : Anyway, again, a deeply felt thank you to those of you who offered your
> : advice and support, and I will be sticking around until at least I have
> : posted my birth story. That is one of my favourite things to read on
here,
> : along with seeing belly pics and baby pics, so I'll do the same.
>
> : All the best, Alicia

Larry McMahan
July 18th 03, 08:01 PM

Alicia Elliott > writes:
[...]
: know there is NO way to predict, but I am still curious to see if there is a
: general trend for first time mums.

: Anyway, again, a deeply felt thank you to those of you who offered your
: advice and support, and I will be sticking around until at least I have
: posted my birth story. That is one of my favourite things to read on here,
: along with seeing belly pics and baby pics, so I'll do the same.

: All the best, Alicia

Em
July 18th 03, 08:43 PM
"Alicia Elliott" > wrote in message
<snip>
> Anyway, again, a deeply felt thank you to those of you who offered your
> advice and support, and I will be sticking around until at least I have
> posted my birth story. That is one of my favourite things to read on
here,
> along with seeing belly pics and baby pics, so I'll do the same.

I'm glad you've decided to stick around at least a bit longer, Alicia! Can't
wait for your birth story--hope the home birth is great for you :-)

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Catherine C.
July 18th 03, 11:41 PM
"Alicia Elliott" > wrote in message >...
> Hi to all, I just wanted to say a humble thank you to those of you who
> responded in kindness to my 'labour imminent' posting, and also to those who
> encouraged me to stick around when I was feeling like things were not the
> greatest here. I have enjoyed sharing the experiences of others during
> their pregnancies, and for the few posts I have placed, there have been some
> helpful responses. It is true that I am taking things here seriously, but
> each to his own. I am posting because I am dearly in want of some
> indications one way or the other, and I don't think I can be blamed for
> that. While I have not had a complicated pregnancy, it has been a MAJOR
> challenge for me physically and emotionally, and the closer I come, the more
> frustrating it is. Everyone in my personal life seems to think I will have
> this baby in the next week at the latest, but so many times I've been told
> "it'll happen" during this pregnancy, and it hasn't. Very frustrating. I
> know there is NO way to predict, but I am still curious to see if there is a
> general trend for first time mums.
>
> Anyway, again, a deeply felt thank you to those of you who offered your
> advice and support, and I will be sticking around until at least I have
> posted my birth story. That is one of my favourite things to read on here,
> along with seeing belly pics and baby pics, so I'll do the same.
>
> All the best, Alicia

(((Alicia))) Welcome back! :-)

Catherine C.
grandmother to Brendan--Sept. 22, 2002

Lee
July 20th 03, 02:14 AM
Can I add my 'me too' voice to the chimes of comments pleased that you are
staying? I am another irregular poster, and I don't reply often, not because
I don't care about the person, but more because I don't feel I have the
experience to reply, or that others may put things better.

I understand how isolating and difficult it can be, at the business end of
pregnancy, and sometimes not really feeling 'part of the group'. (I'm 34
weeks with my first) But we are all here for you, and anxiously awaiting
your news, and willing to help when we can.

Hang in there!

Regards

Lee