PDA

View Full Version : Re: Worried about symptoms after being hospitalized for dehydration

Alicia Elliott
July 20th 03, 09:38 PM
Hi there Susan, I can't say that I know from a medical standpoint what you
are going through, but I can tell you that everything you mentioned are
things that I have experienced off and on during my pregnancy and
specifically towards the middle of my last trimester. From what I have
read, it is fairly normal. That being said, I don't know how serious your
situation is. I do know that going without enough water can seriously
affect your body, especially during pregnancy. Whenever I begin to feel
dizzy or nauseous, I usually go and get a drink of soy milk, and quaff back
more than I would usually, after a few minutes, I feel WAY better. The
signs you mentioned are also something that might be attributed to low blood
sugar. I am mildly hypoglycemic and know that if I don't eat on a regular
basis, all hell breaks loose with my body. During pregnancy, it hasn't been
so bad, I have been a lot more aware of what I need, and faster to keep on
top of it. But my advice to you is to make sure you always have something
on hand to drink, a snack that is easy to digest to eat, and then that you
eat regular meals with complex carbos and protein to keep you more balanced.

One further thing, I know that hormones tend to change again towards the end
of pregnancy, I don't really know when this starts, but it also may have an
affect on how your body reacts to certain things.

In the last week or two, my nausea (which I've had for the whole pregnancy,
but that was tolerable for a few months) has come back in full force. I
blame this on not only changing hormones but also my stress over the
impending birth. One other very strange thing for me is that if I get up
before I am fully rested, or I am woken up during a dream, I get horribly
nauseous. So your lack of sleep may also have something to do with it. Try
getting a foam topper for your bed that is meant to support according to
your body's needs (like an egg carton foam). That helped me a ton in the
last trimester. You could also try drinking camomile tea, or another form
of mild sedative herb that is meant to take the edge off.

Try to keep track of when you feel sick, or dizzy etc, and see if there are
any relations to be hungry, tired or thirsty.

Wow, I've written you a novel! Best of luck to you Susan, I know how
miserable it is to feel this way, I've been like that for my whole
pregnancy. : P Fortunately, we are both counting down the final few weeks
now.
Sincerely, Alicia