PDA

View Full Version : Re: Announcing Zoë

She's A Goddess
July 21st 03, 03:40 PM
"Leigh McCuen" <leigh@nospam> wrote in message
> Short story:
>
> On June 25, at 9:50am Zoë Lenore was born. She was 8 lbs 5 oz, and
> 20.5 inches long. The labor lasted ~3 hours with 20 minutes of
> pushing. I managed to avoid an episiotomy even with her being my first
> child & labor happening so quickly. Thank goodness, one thing went as
> I had hoped it would. :)

Congratulations! I was wondering how things had gone. Glad to hear that
all went well and that you and Zoe are thriving now.

--
Rhiannon
Madison Sophia - 9/6/01

Plissken
July 21st 03, 04:09 PM
"Leigh McCuen" <leigh@nospam> wrote in message
> Short story:
>
> On June 25, at 9:50am Zoë Lenore was born. She was 8 lbs 5 oz, and
> 20.5 inches long. The labor lasted ~3 hours with 20 minutes of
> pushing. I managed to avoid an episiotomy even with her being my first
> child & labor happening so quickly. Thank goodness, one thing went as
> I had hoped it would. :)

Congratulations Leigh and welcome Zoë! Sounds like everything went nice and
quickly for you. Don't worry, things rarely go exactly as planned. I'm
jealous you only had one week of sore nipples! Mine were sore for 7 weeks!

Nadene

juniper
July 21st 03, 07:22 PM
Leigh McCuen wrote:
> Short story:
>
> On June 25, at 9:50am Zoë Lenore was born. She was 8 lbs 5 oz, and
> 20.5 inches long. The labor lasted ~3 hours with 20 minutes of
> pushing. I managed to avoid an episiotomy even with her being my first
> child & labor happening so quickly. Thank goodness, one thing went as
> I had hoped it would. :)

Congratulations, and welcome to Zoë!

> Afterwards:
>
> Zoë's almost a month old now, and it seems she's always been here. Her
> birth wasn't as I'd hoped. I didn't want to be induced, I didn't want
> to be stuck in the bed, I didn't want an epidural.

Geez, I could have written this line! (I had a Zoë, too, on June 26.
You have excellent taste in baby names!) I felt the same way about being
induced, stuck in bed, etc.

- Jennifer from Delaware

Alicia Elliott
July 21st 03, 09:13 PM
Congratulations on the arrival of Zoë! Sounds like you had a rollercoaster
of a delivery. I'm sorry to hear that you had to have so many
interventions, but pleased that you are both doing well, and that the baby
was born healthy. Must have been nice to have such a quick delivery too.
: )
Take care, Alicia

> [...]
> got up after delivery, the sheet behind my back was soaked red. I'm
> wondering if that couldn't have been a sign that I was being stuck
> close to a blood vessel, as well.)
>
> Shortly after this, the nurses noticed the baby's heart rate dipping.
> One gets a doctor, the other starts me rolling to the left, or to the
> right, depending on some arcane medical something or other. A doc
> comes in (I guess the OB guy for the ward), doesn't appear worried,
> everything's fine. A few minutes later, my doctor comes in to check me
> out, and I'm fully dilated. So the pushing may commence. They get all
> sorts of stuff together and ready, and at 9:30am they let me start
> pushing.
>
> Since I could feel my left half, I think it made this stage pretty
> easy. I pushed. And it wasn't horrible, and it went quickly. Zoë was
> born by 9:50am. I had a very slight tear that my doc decided to close
> with a stitch, but he could have as easily left it be.
>
> They set Zoë on me while they did the cord cutting, delivering the
> placenta (it came right after) and all. Then they took Zoë over to the
> warmer and wiped her off a bit. 8lbs, 5oz. 20.5 inches. apgars of 9
> and 9. 35cm head circumference. Then they gave her back to me, and she
> ate and my husband and I hung out with her for awhile. About noonish
> my mom showed up, and they were ready to move me to the post-partum
> room. So they took Zoë to the nursery to do some tests & stuff, and
> took me to the other room.
>
> I didn't get Zoë back for something like 2 hours. So that's when I
> decided we'd leave the hospital as soon as we possibly could. I slept
> over that night, and prepared to leave the next day. Since we left
> with the baby a day early, we had to get her to a pediatrician within
> ~48 hours after birth to make the hospital folks happy. We did, and
> everything was fine.
>
> Afterwards:
>
> Zoë's almost a month old now, and it seems she's always been here. Her
> birth wasn't as I'd hoped. I didn't want to be induced, I didn't want
> to be stuck in the bed, I didn't want an epidural. I was really ticked
> when they had the baby in the nursery for 2 hours. But the labor was
> wonderfully quick, and aside from the spasming not terribly bad. I'd
> describe my experience as relatively easy, compared to other's as well
> as compared to a previous abdominal surgery I had. I feel fortunate
> that the induction didn't lead to a c-section. I think starting out 5
> cm dilated helped there. I can't describe how fortunate I feel that as
> a first time mother pushing only lasted 20 minutes & I managed without
> tearing. Within a week after delivery I was good as new, and never
> felt the need for as much as a tylenol even right after delivery.
>
> The first week of breastfeeding though. My goodness. No one could have
> explained how horrible it was going to be. Sore nipples. HA! HA! I
> say. Thankfully, that's mostly in the past as well.

Truffles
July 21st 03, 09:21 PM
Congratulations, Leigh!

Welcome to the world, little Zo=EB! :-)

--=20
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Irish Marie
July 21st 03, 11:07 PM
"Leigh McCuen" <leigh@nospam> wrote in message
> Short story:
>
> On June 25, at 9:50am Zoë Lenore was born. She was 8 lbs 5 oz, and
> 20.5 inches long. The labor lasted ~3 hours with 20 minutes of
> pushing. I managed to avoid an episiotomy even with her being my first
> child & labor happening so quickly. Thank goodness, one thing went as
> I had hoped it would. :)
>
> Long story:
<snip>

Congratulations Leigh and welcome to the world Baby Zoe :-)
Well done.

--
Marie
Mum to DD5, DS3 and due #3 July '03

==Daye==
July 22nd 03, 09:43 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:47:50 -0400, Leigh McCuen <leigh@nospam>
wrote:

>On June 25, at 9:50am Zoë Lenore was born.

Congrats!! My daughter Jayan was born on 25 June.

--
==Daye==
Momma to Jayan
#2 EDD 11 Jan 2004
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au

Henrietta Louise
July 22nd 03, 10:05 PM
Welcome to the World, Baby Zoe.

Regards,