PDA

View Full Version : quasi-dropping at 29 weeks LMP?

Dagny
July 21st 03, 04:31 PM
Is it possible for the baby to drop at 28-29 weeks LMP? I had an internal
exam one week ago (I was worried about the frequency of Braxton Hicks) and
the baby was head down, cervix hard and closed, presenting part (head)
"bounced away" when pushed from vagina (Dr. said that meant not engaged).
Since then or right about then I started having a lot of fetal movement at
my tailbone, rectum, and very low in front.

I'm confused because I thought the baby would stay out of my pelvis until
only a few weeks before delivery for a first baby? There can be no
confusion about dates -- we were tracking ovulation, got preg. on first
cycle, had 9 week ultrasound measuring 9 weeks.

-- Dagny
EDD 10/6/03

kereru
July 22nd 03, 06:19 AM
"Dagny" > wrote in message
rthlink.net...

> Is it possible for the baby to drop at 28-29 weeks LMP? I had an internal
> exam one week ago (I was worried about the frequency of Braxton Hicks) and
> the baby was head down, cervix hard and closed, presenting part (head)
> "bounced away" when pushed from vagina (Dr. said that meant not engaged).
> Since then or right about then I started having a lot of fetal movement at
> my tailbone, rectum, and very low in front.
>
> I'm confused because I thought the baby would stay out of my pelvis until
> only a few weeks before delivery for a first baby? There can be no
> confusion about dates -- we were tracking ovulation, got preg. on first
> cycle, had 9 week ultrasound measuring 9 weeks.
>
> -- Dagny
> EDD 10/6/03

I had a big baby and he was way down and supposed ly enngaged from very
early his head was easy to feel in my pelvis for ages before he was born.
The baby engages earlier in the first pregnancy sometimes doesn't engage at
all in subsequent pregnacies. He was born on his due date.

When he engaged the movements weren't down low in fact I had them up at the
very top of my uterus under my ribs.

Maybe baby has flipped over and his/her feet are down there now?

Judy