PDA

View Full Version : 32w5d appt

Karen
July 21st 03, 05:41 PM
Everything's fine although I did narrowly miss a trip to L&D. His heart
rate was steady in the 180's when my midwife checked. Too high.
She had me drink a bunch of water and sit in the waiting room for a bit
then check his heart rate again and then take a quicky look with the
u/s.
After the water his hr came down, if it hadn't I would have been off to
the hospital to be monitored and put on an IV. :-P
I am now under orders to drink until I float (my fluid is a tad low) and
my 10 year old was told to nag me. I admit I don't drink as much
as I need to and if enough people bother me about I will. He is vertex
and engaged!! He was so persistently transverse for a while I was
getting
paranoid. I was pretty sure he had turned vertex and Katy confirmed it.
It is a slim chance he'll disengage and turn anymore she said. My weight

and BP are fine and I go back in two weeks and see the OB I like. I had
a weekend of lots of contractions that meant business, probably related
to my lousy water intake.
I bought some newborn diapers today while picking up some for my 2 year
old. I just love those teeny tiny diapers!

K-

GoofeeGyrl
July 21st 03, 06:52 PM
<< Everything's fine although I did narrowly miss a trip to L&D >>

Glad to hear that you only have to drink until you float instead of going to
L&D!

<< I bought some newborn diapers today while picking up some for my 2 year
old. I just love those teeny tiny diapers!

K- >>

I know what you mean--I got some newborns last week too and I just laughed when
I saw how small they are. I remember with Sophie how it seemed like she was
swimming in them when she was a newborn!

Thanks for the update!

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
and girl #2, due Sept 7th

Em
July 22nd 03, 08:28 PM
"Karen" > wrote in message
> Everything's fine although I did narrowly miss a trip to L&D. His heart
> rate was steady in the 180's when my midwife checked. Too high.
> She had me drink a bunch of water and sit in the waiting room for a bit
> then check his heart rate again and then take a quicky look with the
> u/s.
> After the water his hr came down, if it hadn't I would have been off to
> the hospital to be monitored and put on an IV. :-P

That sounds kind of scary, Karen! Glad you avoided the hospital trip though.

> I am now under orders to drink until I float (my fluid is a tad low) and
> my 10 year old was told to nag me. I admit I don't drink as much
> as I need to and if enough people bother me about I will. He is vertex
> and engaged!! He was so persistently transverse for a while I was
> getting
> paranoid. I was pretty sure he had turned vertex and Katy confirmed it.
> It is a slim chance he'll disengage and turn anymore she said. My weight
>
> and BP are fine and I go back in two weeks and see the OB I like. I had
> a weekend of lots of contractions that meant business, probably related
> to my lousy water intake.

That's *great* that he is in a good position and engaged already. I'm
starting to pay attention to "fetal positioning" a bit more now that I'm in
to the 30's--I'm not overly concerned with it yet, since I know they're
still quite mobile, but I was still happy to find out that my baby was
vertex at my appt. yesterday!

Keep up the fluids!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Cheryl S.
July 23rd 03, 03:06 PM
Karen > wrote in message
> Everything's fine although I did narrowly miss a trip to L&D.

Glad you were able to avoid going to the hospital, yikes. That's good
to hear that everything else was fine.

> I admit I don't drink as much
> as I need to and if enough people bother me about I will.

Hey, Karen, go drink a glass of water!! ;-)

> He is vertex
> and engaged!!

Yay! Sounds like all our Sept. babes got the "head-down" message around
the same time.

> I bought some newborn diapers today while picking up some for
> my 2 year old. I just love those teeny tiny diapers!

I just recently bought one package of newborn diapers too. I am so used
to the giant bulk packs of size 5's for Julie, I can't imagine how there
could be 40 diapers in this tiny bag!
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 3 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.