PDA

View Full Version : Re: OT - I'd like to say "thank you"

Mary S.
July 21st 03, 06:32 PM
Sophie wrote:

> Actually I *might* be back at MKP. We're in the middle of getting 3
> opinions from 3 different Drs on whether having a 4th pregnancy would be
> physically safe for me. 2 have said yes we can go ahead, I need to make my
> appointment today with the 3rd Dr. Actually we *think* we're probably going
> ahead with a 4th - since we have a 2 out of 3 "yes" vote - lol. :)

I'm so happy to read this, Sophie! Good luck, and welcome back (I
hope), and I wish that it will be a safe and uneventful and
easy-to-conceive and bedrest-free pregnancy for you guys. :)

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 16 months

Sophie
August 9th 03, 01:44 PM

> I'm so happy to read this, Sophie! Good luck, and welcome back (I
> hope), and I wish that it will be a safe and uneventful and
> easy-to-conceive and bedrest-free pregnancy for you guys. :)
>
> Mary S.
> mom to the Sproutkin, 16 months

Thanks Mary :)

Catherine C.
August 9th 03, 04:49 PM
(Mary S.) wrote in message >...
> Sophie wrote:
>
> > Actually I *might* be back at MKP. We're in the middle of getting 3
> > opinions from 3 different Drs on whether having a 4th pregnancy would be
> > physically safe for me. 2 have said yes we can go ahead, I need to make my
> > appointment today with the 3rd Dr. Actually we *think* we're probably going
> > ahead with a 4th - since we have a 2 out of 3 "yes" vote - lol. :)
>
> I'm so happy to read this, Sophie! Good luck, and welcome back (I
> hope), and I wish that it will be a safe and uneventful and
> easy-to-conceive and bedrest-free pregnancy for you guys. :)
>
> Mary S.
> mom to the Sproutkin, 16 months

Sorry for piggy-backing!...can't find original...just read this Sophie
(just a little slow...d'oh :)...wow! please keep us posted and best
of luck...it would be such fun to have you back! I've missed hearing
about you and the kids and what they're all up to these days!

Catherine C.
grandmother to Brendan--Sept. 22, 2002

Henrietta Louise
August 9th 03, 09:30 PM
Well, Sophie, I really hope that you get a good green light from this
final doc, and that you will be able to enjoy the pregnancy of number 4
without bedrest or complications of any sort.

Regards,
Henrietta
#4's edd: March 22, 2004

H Schinske
August 10th 03, 02:31 AM
wrote:

>I've seen 2 out of 3 Drs. One said bedrest, etc...the other didn't say but
>he's only a Family Practice Dr, not an OB.

Did I miss something? I don't remember you having any special risks before.
Hope all goes well, however it turns out!

--Helen

Tatjana Farkin
August 11th 03, 03:36 PM
"Sophie" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> We have the 3rd and final appointment on the 20th but we're pretty
sure
> we'll go ahead with #4 anyway (unless this Dr has really, really valid
> points not to). Insurance is supposed to be changing soon for the
military
> so we're actually thinking of timing TTC around that and a good due
date for
> the school year - lol.

Fingers crossed :-)

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for 2 years

Tatjana Farkin
August 11th 03, 03:37 PM
"H Schinske" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> wrote:
>
> >I've seen 2 out of 3 Drs. One said bedrest, etc...the other didn't
say but
> >he's only a Family Practice Dr, not an OB.
>
> Did I miss something? I don't remember you having any special risks
before.
> Hope all goes well, however it turns out!

I think at her last c-section they found that the scar area had become
very thin and potential future pregnancies would be high-risk.

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for 2 years

Sophie
August 11th 03, 06:15 PM
> "H Schinske" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Did I miss something? I don't remember you having any special risks
> before.
> > Hope all goes well, however it turns out!

> I think at her last c-section they found that the scar area had become
> very thin and potential future pregnancies would be high-risk.
>
> Tatjana

Yep, that was it. The Dr had a tough time sewing me up after Lewis. My
uterus was pretty thin. The Dr at the time said I could get pregnant again
but with bedrest, an amnio to check the lungs, and an early c-section. That
was Opinion #1. Opinion #2 came from my regular Family Practice Dr who said
since I get pregnant easily, have uneventful pregnancies, and don't go into
labor he thought it would be safe. Opinion #3 is with an OB next week.

H Schinske
August 11th 03, 07:14 PM
wrote:

>Yep, that was it. The Dr had a tough time sewing me up after Lewis. My
>uterus was pretty thin.

Oh, gosh, on top of everything else! I'm sorry to hear that.

On the bright side, Angela was told at her second C-section, with the twins,
that her scar area from her first was very thin, but when she had an ultrasound
before her current baby was born, they said the new scar was quite thick. She
had a successful VBAC after two sections. Not that you want to go for a VBAC,
but it proves that her scar really was in good shape.

I hope all goes well.

--Helen

Sophie
August 11th 03, 07:54 PM
"H Schinske" > wrote in message
> wrote:
> >
> >Yep, that was it. The Dr had a tough time sewing me up after Lewis. My
> >uterus was pretty thin.
>
> Oh, gosh, on top of everything else! I'm sorry to hear that.
>
> On the bright side, Angela was told at her second C-section, with the
twins,
> that her scar area from her first was very thin, but when she had an
ultrasound
> before her current baby was born, they said the new scar was quite thick.
She
> had a successful VBAC after two sections. Not that you want to go for a
VBAC,
> but it proves that her scar really was in good shape.
>
> I hope all goes well.
>
> --Helen

I'd feel better about it all if they'd offer to do ultrasounds to check the
scar periodically. I'll bring that up at my appointment.

Yeah, considering everything with Lewis' birth we're a little nervous about
going through with it at this hospital. But we've heard the insurance
company will be changing, also any babies due in June/July 2004 are
automatically being born at the hospital in town. Plus people at the
Patient Advocacy Office at the hospital remember us - lol - so I think we'll
be okay. If this Dr says yes I'd love a 4th :)

Sue
August 12th 03, 05:27 AM
Good luck Sophie. Let us know what Dr#4 says. :o)
--
Sue
mom to three girls

Sophie > wrote in message

> "H Schinske" > wrote in message
> > wrote:
> > >
> > >Yep, that was it. The Dr had a tough time sewing me up after Lewis.
My
> > >uterus was pretty thin.
> >
> > Oh, gosh, on top of everything else! I'm sorry to hear that.
> >
> > On the bright side, Angela was told at her second C-section, with the
> twins,
> > that her scar area from her first was very thin, but when she had an
> ultrasound
> > before her current baby was born, they said the new scar was quite
thick.
> She
> > had a successful VBAC after two sections. Not that you want to go for a
> VBAC,
> > but it proves that her scar really was in good shape.
> >
> > I hope all goes well.
> >
> > --Helen
>
> I'd feel better about it all if they'd offer to do ultrasounds to check
the
> scar periodically. I'll bring that up at my appointment.
>
> Yeah, considering everything with Lewis' birth we're a little nervous
about
> going through with it at this hospital. But we've heard the insurance
> company will be changing, also any babies due in June/July 2004 are
> automatically being born at the hospital in town. Plus people at the
> Patient Advocacy Office at the hospital remember us - lol - so I think
we'll
> be okay. If this Dr says yes I'd love a 4th :)

Sophie
August 12th 03, 05:45 PM

> Sorry for piggy-backing!...can't find original...just read this Sophie
> (just a little slow...d'oh :)...wow! please keep us posted and best
> of luck...it would be such fun to have you back! I've missed hearing
> about you and the kids and what they're all up to these days!
>
> Catherine C.
> grandmother to Brendan--Sept. 22, 2002

Aww thanks. Should have some news next week - fingers crossed :)

Sophie
August 12th 03, 05:45 PM
"Henrietta Louise" > wrote in message
> Well, Sophie, I really hope that you get a good green light from this
> final doc, and that you will be able to enjoy the pregnancy of number 4
> without bedrest or complications of any sort.
>
> Regards,
> Henrietta
> #4's edd: March 22, 2004

Thanks so much, we hope so too.