PDA

View Full Version : Re: Update -loss ment

Astromum
July 21st 03, 09:27 PM
Denise wrote:
> Well I went for an ultrasound Friday and there was no heartbeat and no fetal
> growth.. so it looks like I'll have to have a D&C.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Denise and dh}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
I'm so sorry for you guys. And then to have to deal with
such a nitwit insurance. Big time boo to them! I hope
things make a turn for the better for you soon.

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Truffles
July 21st 03, 09:45 PM
Denise wrote:

> Well I went for an ultrasound Friday and there was no heartbeat and no fetal
> growth.. so it looks like I'll have to have a D&C. What makes it even more
> frustrating is that our insurance said they wouldn't cover the procedure
> since it wasn't a life or death thing for me, so I had to go to the welfare
> office and ask for emergency medical benefits to get it covered, or wait for
> nature to take its course. It doesn't seem fair that I still have to deal
> with feeling pregnant, kwim? My dh and I haven't decided if we're going to
> try again or not, as this was a surprise to begin with..

I'm so sorry. :-(

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Irish Marie
July 21st 03, 11:20 PM
{{{{{{{Denise & DH}}}}}}}}
So sorry, take care
Marie

Elly
July 22nd 03, 02:24 PM
(((((((((((((Denise)))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry for your loss and for all the health insurance stuff you have
to go through - as if what happened wasn't enough!

I know it's not the same, but when I had an ectopic pregnancy scare and was
admitted to the hospital (prior to finding out what's really going on), the
administration officer at the hospital said, "If it turns out to be an
in-utero pregnancy, the insurance will cover everything. If it turns out to
be the ectopic pregnancy and you'd need a surgery, the insurance will pay
only 40% of all the expenses" - so there I was, not only wondering if I was
really pregnant or needed a surgery (which eventually might have prevented
another pregnancy because in some ectopic pregnancy cases they take out the
whole fallopian tube and limit your chances for normal pregnancy) or if I'd
have to pay and end up with no baby. So this is definitively not fair!

Please try to take it easy and take care of yourself!
Thinking of you,
Elly

"Denise" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Well I went for an ultrasound Friday and there was no heartbeat and no
fetal
> growth.. so it looks like I'll have to have a D&C. What makes it even
more
> frustrating is that our insurance said they wouldn't cover the procedure
> since it wasn't a life or death thing for me, so I had to go to the
welfare
> office and ask for emergency medical benefits to get it covered, or wait
for
> nature to take its course. It doesn't seem fair that I still have to deal
> with feeling pregnant, kwim? My dh and I haven't decided if we're going
> try again or not, as this was a surprise to begin with..

Em
July 22nd 03, 08:21 PM
"Denise" > wrote in message
> Well I went for an ultrasound Friday and there was no heartbeat and no
fetal
> growth.. so it looks like I'll have to have a D&C. What makes it even
more
> frustrating is that our insurance said they wouldn't cover the procedure
> since it wasn't a life or death thing for me, so I had to go to the
welfare
> office and ask for emergency medical benefits to get it covered, or wait
for
> nature to take its course. It doesn't seem fair that I still have to deal
> with feeling pregnant, kwim? My dh and I haven't decided if we're going
> try again or not, as this was a surprise to begin with..

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, Denise. Best wishes to you and
good luck getting the insurance bit straightened out (that is *beyond*
aggravating!).

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

RuggyKurtz
July 23rd 03, 03:44 AM
So very sorry to hear about your loss. Insurance is such a pain in the rear.

Brandy