PDA

View Full Version : Re: Reposting: Rebekka Friedrike's Birth Story

H Schinske
July 25th 03, 06:11 AM
Sabine, what a great story! I am so glad Rebekka knew to dive at the right
moment :-)

What a crazy time you had, but such a wonderful ending.

--Helen

Em
July 25th 03, 03:43 PM
"sabie" > wrote in message
<snip>
> Rebekka Friederike Kabel as born at 1:05 AM on Saturday, July 19, just 1
> hour after I had been checked with 4 cms dialation. She weighted 7 lbs 11
> oz, measuring 19.5 in.Breastfeeding is going just great, she has already
> gained weight, and slept for almost 5 hours last night.
<snip>

Wow! That was quite a story--good for you for paying so much attention to
your body & knowing that she was about to be born. Like you mentioned, I
would bet that you probably would have ended up with a c-section if you had
had an epidural.

Congratulations to you and your family and welcome to baby Rebekka!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Elly
July 29th 03, 06:51 AM
Sabine, welcome to your little girl and thank you for sharing your birth
story with us!
I was so relieved that you did not need an emergency C-section and that
Rebekka is doing so well!

Take care,
Elly
30 weeks today!
EDD October 6th

"sabie" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> [...]
> from the bed the next contraction hit, and I knew I was in transition: I
was
> shaking all over, contractions felt very very different: More painful - of
> course - but much more productive as well.
>
> I asked for the bed to be raised and tried to lean on it, bending my
knees,
> rocking to the left and right during contractions. I stared to moan during
> contractions, which realy helped. Realizing that I was in transition after
> being at 4 cms one contraction ago was the hardest point, since I was sure
> that no pain medication would be allowed from this point on any more. I
> heard the midwife saying that I would move very fast now, and knew that I
> needed to make an effort not to panick, but stay in control.
>
> I finally ended up on hands and knees on the floor, midwife and husband
with
> me on the floor, but still basicaly watching me. My water had still not
> broken, I just felt a trickle of water with each contraction, which made
it
> more tolerable, I am sure.
>
> A couple of contractions later, I felt something between my legs, which
must
> have been part of the bag, I don't remember.
>
> I then felt her crowning, and announced that she was coming. The midwife
> wanted me to get onto the bed to push her out (still on hands and knees,
but
> on the bed). While I tried to climb on the bed, her heart rate must have
> dropped; I didn't notice it, but it must have been down for a couple of
> minutes.
>
> I heard the midwife asking for the doctor on call, wondering why she was
> calling for a doctor, snce things were going so well (I thought). All of
the
> sudden the room was full of people, a gourney was brought in and everybody
> was yelling at me to get onto the gourney. I did not understand at all
what
> was hapening, just wondering why they wanted me to push her out on yet
> nother bed.
>
> I hadn't realized that the midwife and doctor had been checking me, and I
> was still at 9 cms, the baby at -3 station, really high up. She needed to
> come out right away, since here heart rate had been down for 8 minutes at
> this point. I couldn't cooperate at al, since I just felt her coming and
> wanted to oush her out.
>
> I finally realized that my husband was yelling at me to go on that
gourney,
> and I heard that he was very scared. That made me getting all my energy
> together to try and cooperate. The midwife explained that a c-section
would
> be done now right away, and that the baby needed to be out in a couple of
> minutes.
>
> While they still tried o get me to lie down on that gourney I screamed:
"She