PDA

View Full Version : Wongiewossers

Denanson
September 1st 05, 06:56 PM
As a child, whenever I asked the name of a bug or creepy crawly that my
parents did not know, they called a wongiewosser!

So what do you all tell your children?

Dennis

CME
September 1st 05, 06:59 PM
"Denanson" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> As a child, whenever I asked the name of a bug or creepy crawly that my
> parents did not know, they called a wongiewosser!
>
> So what do you all tell your children?
>
> Dennis

If I don't know what something is? I say I don't know or we look it up and
find out.

So are you implying you're a creepy crawly? lol

Christine

dolores
September 3rd 05, 11:59 PM
"Denanson" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> As a child, whenever I asked the name of a bug or creepy crawly that my
> parents did not know, they called a wongiewosser!
>
> So what do you all tell your children?
>
> Dennis

"Neighbours"....Ignore them and they'll go away.......eventually!! They're
just curious!!

Dolores!!

dolores
September 4th 05, 02:40 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On 1 Sep 2005 10:56:44 -0700, "Denanson" > the
> following was posted in blue dry erase marker:
>
> >As a child, whenever I asked the name of a bug or creepy crawly that my
> >parents did not know, they called a wongiewosser!
> >
> >So what do you all tell your children?
> >
> >Dennis
>
> I learn the latin name for them.
>
> Kidding.
>
> It's a bug. <stomp>

Brilliant!!...

dolores
September 4th 05, 03:09 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 02:40:46 +0100, "dolores" > the
> following was posted in blue dry erase marker:
>

> >> I learn the latin name for them.
> >>
> >> Kidding.
> >>
> >> It's a bug. <stomp>
> >>

> >Brilliant!!...
>
> I made you laugh, didn't I?

Too right ya did......always said you had a cracking sense of humour....
Sharp as a pin.

> Speaking of bugs, how's the potato grower doing?

Growing...he's now almost 6' I have to get a step ladders to batter him.

Garden has gone a bit wild this year, no spuds or veggies, but a fair few
strawberries and cherries....Both of them have either been in town hanging
round with the gals or surfing every free minute....or doing their damndest
to wreck the house. They have the most incredible fights.

And the other
> pollywogs?

I was going ask "What sort of bug is that"...Just copped on in time...

Oh he's totally gorgeous too.....Thinks the mirror is a work of art...spends
hours in front of it!

September 4th 05, 05:07 AM
"Denanson" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> As a child, whenever I asked the name of a bug or creepy crawly that my
> parents did not know, they called a wongiewosser!
>
> So what do you all tell your children?
>
> Dennis

Oh...so that is what those were.

I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is. I only
know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that
differentiate me from a doormat. - Rebecca West, 1913

Tiffany
September 6th 05, 07:49 PM
"Denanson" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> As a child, whenever I asked the name of a bug or creepy crawly that my
> parents did not know, they called a wongiewosser!
>
> So what do you all tell your children?
>
> Dennis

That it is a beautiful creature brought to us to enjoy.

;)

Tiff

xkatx
September 16th 05, 06:52 PM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Denanson" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> As a child, whenever I asked the name of a bug or creepy crawly that my
>> parents did not know, they called a wongiewosser!
>>
>> So what do you all tell your children?
>>
>> Dennis
>
> If I don't know what something is? I say I don't know or we look it up
> and find out.

I usually do that too, or I call a kid I went to school with and ask him...
He's a bug dude, and is at the University with his odd bug fetish. He's
usually pretty good about knowing what I'm describing, and often gives me a
name, then when I happen to look it up, it's almost always that bug...
Except for the "armadillo bug" we found the other day... Strangest little
thing I've seen in a while!