anyone enlighten me here as to what to expect?

Regards,
Henrietta
#4's edd: March 22, 2004

cloud nine
July 27th 03, 02:47 AM
Congratulations on your pregnancy, Henrietta!

I was 7w2d when I found out I was pregnant. I went in for an ultrasound
that day and saw a beating heart! Around 6 or 7 weeks is usually when the
heartbeat is detectable.

Let us know what you find out!

--
Sue
Mom to Benton - 26 months old

Donna
July 27th 03, 02:50 AM
Hi Henrietta! I am due around the same time as you, March 16/04!!! I had my
first u/s last week, was 6 weeks exactly on the day of the u/s. I was able
to see the yolk sac, the little embryo and a regular flickering - yes it was
the h/b!!!!! It was such an amazing sight, i cried! GOOD LUCK with your u/s!
I'm not sure if everyone's would be identical at 6 weeks, this is all new to
me! but i'm sure you'll see something. By the way, they did a vaginal u/s
because of how early it was. Have fun and keep us posted!!

Donna
expecting #1, march 16/04

"Henrietta Louise" > wrote in message
> Hi, everyone.
> I have my first prenatal appointment on Tuesday. If you go by my LMP, I
> will be six weeks. If you go by when I am 90 % sure I ovulated, then I
> will be 7 weeks.
> The nurse I spoke to said that the doctor may do an ultrasound. The idea
> kind of freaks me out because I am afraid of what they may or may not
> see. And the truth is, I am not sure what to expect with the
> ultrasound. If I am six weeks, does that mean there won't be much to
> see? Or is there a chance that there will be a visible beating heart?
> If I am 7 weeks, will there definitely be a beating heart? So, can
> anyone enlighten me here as to what to expect?
>
> Regards,
> Henrietta
> #4's edd: March 22, 2004

Henrietta Louise
July 27th 03, 08:24 AM
Donna wrote:
"I am due around the same time as you, March 16/04!!! I had my first u/s
last week, was 6 weeks exactly on the day of the u/s. I was able to see
the yolk sac, the little embryo and a regular flickering - yes it was
the h/b!!!!! It was such an amazing sight, i cried! GOOD LUCK with your
u/s!"

I'm looking forward to this ultrasound now. And, we are belly buddies.
YaY! I think they are going to amend my due date to March 15th or 16th,
because I know I ovulated on CD 8. We shall see =-)

Regards,
Henrietta
#4's edd: March 22, 2004

Sidheag McCormack
July 27th 03, 08:51 AM
You're right on the borderline. If you're 6 weeks, probably a heartbeat
will not be visible - the heartbeat apparently appears between 6w and 6w2d
(I think that's when you can see it under ideal conditions with good
equipment and the embryo in a good position in the uterus, though). If
you're 7w, you *probably* will see a heartbeat. If it's too early to see a
heartbeat, you still might see a yolk sac, but there won't be much else to
see.

Good luck - I hope you do see a heartbeat, it's an amazing experience!

Sidheag
edd Oct 13th

John & Sara
July 27th 03, 07:33 PM
I went in for my first ultrasound when I was 6weeks 5 days and the
tech told me not to worry if I didnt see the heartbeat. That between
6-7 weeks its a 50/50 chance if you do see it or not. We did however
see the flickering away at 148 bpm on the screen. So dont worry if
you dont see it :) Good luck at the appointment and congratulations
on your pregnancy!

Sara
21 weeks
Its a boy! Daniel Caleb
Due Dec 7, 2003

Daye
July 27th 03, 10:21 PM
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:37:49 -0500 (CDT),
(Henrietta Louise) wrote:

>So, can
>anyone enlighten me here as to what to expect?

Well, I had an early u/s with both babies to make sure of dates. You
can see their pictures at:

http://www.jayanadu.com/Jayan/ultrasounds/ultra.html

Looking at the pics, you will see that there isn't that much to see.

At both 7 and 8 weeks, there was a heartbeat.

Both were very exciting, and it made it seem very real.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan

Kereru
July 28th 03, 02:36 AM
"Henrietta Louise" > wrote in message
> Hi, everyone.
> I have my first prenatal appointment on Tuesday. If you go by my LMP, I
> will be six weeks. If you go by when I am 90 % sure I ovulated, then I
> will be 7 weeks.
> The nurse I spoke to said that the doctor may do an ultrasound. The idea
> kind of freaks me out because I am afraid of what they may or may not
> see. And the truth is, I am not sure what to expect with the
> ultrasound. If I am six weeks, does that mean there won't be much to
> see? Or is there a chance that there will be a visible beating heart?
> If I am 7 weeks, will there definitely be a beating heart? So, can
> anyone enlighten me here as to what to expect?
>
> Regards,
> Henrietta
> #4's edd: March 22, 2004

I had an US with my son and he measured 5 wks 6 days! It was a trans-vaginal
one and I had it because of early bleeding. We saw his heartbeat but the
technician was surprised she said we were lucky to see it so early. So don't
panic if you don't see a heartbeat, but there is a chance you will.

Judy

Henrietta Louise
July 28th 03, 04:04 AM
Sara wrote:

>I went in for my first ultrasound when I
>was 6 weeks 5 days and the tech told me
>not to worry if I didnt see the heartbeat. =A0
>That between 6-7 weeks its a 50/50
>chance if you do see it or not.

Thanks, Sara. This will make me feel much better if there is no
heartbeat.

Regards,
Henrietta
#4's edd: March 22, 2004

Henrietta Louise
July 28th 03, 04:10 AM
Daye wrote:

]Well, I had an early u/s with both babies
]to make sure of dates. You can see their
]pictures at:
]http://www.jayanadu.com/Jayan/ultrasounds/ultra.html
]Looking at the pics, you will see that there
]isn't that much to see.

Oh, wow. Thanks for giving me this link,
Daye. I cried when I saw them. (Blame pregnancy hormones.) But, just
viewing your early ultrasounds made my pregnancy seem so much very more
real. Thanks, again.

Regards,
Henrietta
#4's edd: March 22, 2004

Henrietta Louise
July 28th 03, 04:14 AM
Kereru wrote:

]So don't panic if you don't see a
]heartbeat, but there is a chance you will.

Thank you, Judy. This will be very supportive if I don't see a
heartbeat. And, with the information I am seeing, I understand that this
is a real possibility.

Regards,
Henrietta
#4's edd: March 22, 2004

Em
July 28th 03, 04:49 PM
"Henrietta Louise" > wrote in message
> And the truth is, I am not sure what to expect with the
> ultrasound. If I am six weeks, does that mean there won't be much to
> see? Or is there a chance that there will be a visible beating heart?
> If I am 7 weeks, will there definitely be a beating heart? So, can
> anyone enlighten me here as to what to expect?

If you are having a transvaginal ultrasound you will most likely see it at 7
weeks (and quite often at 6 weeks, but that is the *earliest* it is usually
visible). I had one at 7 weeks exactly and the little heartbeat was there
flickering merrily away! It was wonderful. I had psyched myself up to maybe
not see it, because the OB said there was a chance that it wouldn't be
visible so early in the pregnancy, but it was there!

Hope you have a great experience as well :-)

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Daye
July 28th 03, 08:37 PM
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:10:46 -0500 (CDT),
(Henrietta Louise) wrote:

> I cried when I saw them. (Blame pregnancy hormones.) But, just
>viewing your early ultrasounds made my pregnancy seem so much very more
>real. Thanks, again.

How sweet!! I would agree that it was probably the pregnancy
hormones, but it is still so sweet. I am glad that I was able to
share them with you. Also, the picture showed you more than I could
describe. I am glad that you enjoyed viewing them.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan

Henrietta Louise
July 28th 03, 10:26 PM
Em wrote:

]Hope you have a great experience as well
]:-)

Thanks, Em =-). By this time tomorrow, I will have my appointment and
hopefully have the dates straightened out. I hope my little peanut is
visible, and keeping my fingers crossed for a heartbeat. As one of my
oldest and dearest friends used to say all the time, "Hope for the best,
Prepare for the worst, and accept whatever may come."

Regards,
Henrietta
#4's edd: March 22, 2004

Henrietta Louise
July 29th 03, 10:32 PM
My gestational sac measured 6 weeks, 3 days, and maybe a fetal pole, but
not conclusive <sigh>.But this was with a transvaginal ultrasound.
I am supposed to go back next Wednesday for another ultrasound to
confirm growth. I know from reading up on it that this could be within
the range of normal., So crossing my fingers....

Regards,
Henrietta
#4's edd: March 22, 2004

Em
July 30th 03, 02:54 AM
"Henrietta Louise" > wrote in message
> My gestational sac measured 6 weeks, 3 days, and maybe a fetal pole, but
> not conclusive <sigh>.But this was with a transvaginal ultrasound.
> I am supposed to go back next Wednesday for another ultrasound to
> confirm growth. I know from reading up on it that this could be within
> the range of normal., So crossing my fingers....

Well, darn about not being able to see the heartbeat. I was really hoping
you would (even though it doesn't mean anything bad to not see it this early
on, I'm sure it would have been a big relief as well as the opportunity to
"move forward" with your pregnancy). Best wishes on Wednesday! Keep us
updated.

--
Em
edd 9/23/03