PDA

View Full Version : mossy invaded...??

Jen
July 27th 03, 05:54 AM
Dear all,

Need help on some other issue...

two day ago, when I try to hang the laundry of DD, I found there were some
black spots, moss, on some clothes. It is so scaried. So then I soak the
contaminated clothes(which also have some black spot) into vinegar and put
them into pre-wash cycle (with warm water). Then I pour in detergent(Zero)
and turn to regular cycle (with warm water) and wash it again. However, the
moss didn't come off.

Does anyone can tell me how can I take those moss off? and Do those with
the first time laundry, which doesn't have black spot, contaminated as
well?

TIA

Jen

Iuil
July 27th 03, 12:41 PM
"Jen" wrote
> Dear all,
>
> Need help on some other issue...
>
> two day ago, when I try to hang the laundry of DD, I found there were some
> black spots, moss, on some clothes. It is so scaried. So then I soak the
> contaminated clothes(which also have some black spot) into vinegar and put
> them into pre-wash cycle (with warm water). Then I pour in detergent(Zero)
> and turn to regular cycle (with warm water) and wash it again. However,
the
> moss didn't come off.
>
> Does anyone can tell me how can I take those moss off? and Do those with
> the first time laundry, which doesn't have black spot, contaminated as
> well?

I had the same problem where clothes had been put into the laundry basket
with food spills on them and left for a couple of days during hot and humid
weather.

I found that Vanish Oxi-Action (Oxy-Clean) got rid of all but the worst
stains. It even got rid of of old stains that were on DD's bibs! I put two
tablespoons of the pwder into a bucket with 4 litres of boiling water and 2
litres of cold water and then added the clothes. I left them to soak
overnight and then washed as normal.

HTH

Jean

--
"And he said:
Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of
Life's longing for itself. They come through you but not from you, and
though they are with you, yet they belong not to you." Khalil Gibran

Return address is unread. Replies to <firstnamelastname> @eircom.net.

Jen
July 29th 03, 02:14 AM
"Iuil" > wrote in
:

> "Jen" wrote
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Need help on some other issue...
>>
>> two day ago, when I try to hang the laundry of DD, I found there were
>> some black spots, moss, on some clothes. It is so scaried. So then I
>> soak the contaminated clothes(which also have some black spot) into
>> vinegar and put them into pre-wash cycle (with warm water). Then I
>> pour in detergent(Zero) and turn to regular cycle (with warm water)
>> and wash it again. However,
> the
>> moss didn't come off.
>>
>> Does anyone can tell me how can I take those moss off? and Do those
>> with the first time laundry, which doesn't have black spot,
>> contaminated as well?
>>

> I had the same problem where clothes had been put into the laundry
> basket with food spills on them and left for a couple of days during
> hot and humid weather.
>
> I found that Vanish Oxi-Action (Oxy-Clean) got rid of all but the
> worst stains. It even got rid of of old stains that were on DD's
> bibs! I put two tablespoons of the pwder into a bucket with 4 litres
> of boiling water and 2 litres of cold water and then added the
> clothes. I left them to soak overnight and then washed as normal.
>
> HTH
>
> Jean
>

> --
> "And he said:
> Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters
> of Life's longing for itself. They come through you but not from you,
> and though they are with you, yet they belong not to you." Khalil
> Gibran
>
> Return address is unread. Replies to <firstnamelastname> @eircom.net.

I have got a bucket of Oxi-Clean. From the instruction, it sounds pretty
powerful cuz it can remove pet mess and tough stain. I just wonder is it
safe on baby clothes?

Iuil
July 29th 03, 12:09 PM
"Jen" wrote
> I have got a bucket of Oxi-Clean. From the instruction, it sounds pretty
> powerful cuz it can remove pet mess and tough stain. I just wonder is it
> safe on baby clothes?

It's just hydrogen peroxide - it breaks down into hydrogen and oxygen. I
don't think you can get much safer :-)

Jean - toh/nak

--
"And he said:
Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of
Life's longing for itself. They come through you but not from you, and
though they are with you, yet they belong not to you." Khalil Gibran

Return address is unread. Replies to <firstnamelastname> @eircom.net.

Jen
July 30th 03, 01:25 AM
"Iuil" > wrote in news:bg5kqh$kv8cp$1@ID-
198450.news.uni-berlin.de:

> "Jen" wrote
>> I have got a bucket of Oxi-Clean. From the instruction, it sounds pretty
>> powerful cuz it can remove pet mess and tough stain. I just wonder is it
>> safe on baby clothes?
>
> It's just hydrogen peroxide - it breaks down into hydrogen and oxygen. I
> don't think you can get much safer :-)
>
> Jean - toh/nak
>

> --
> "And he said:
> Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of
> Life's longing for itself. They come through you but not from you, and
> though they are with you, yet they belong not to you." Khalil Gibran
>
> Return address is unread. Replies to <firstnamelastname> @eircom.net.

good to hear..thank you so much.I will try it tonight! =>