PDA

View Full Version : Chest cold

Daye
July 27th 03, 09:25 PM
Hey all...

I am now 16 weeks pregnant. I have a bad chest cold with lots of
coughing. A couple of weeks ago I had a head cold. I hate being sick
and pregnant.

Is there anything I can take for the cough? If no to meds, anyone got
any home remedies that are okay for pregnant women??

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan

Jacqui
July 27th 03, 10:23 PM
Daye wibbled

> Hey all...
>
> I am now 16 weeks pregnant. I have a bad chest cold with lots of
> coughing. A couple of weeks ago I had a head cold. I hate being
> sick and pregnant.
>
> Is there anything I can take for the cough? If no to meds, anyone
> got any home remedies that are okay for pregnant women??

I had a horrible cold/cough over Christmas and New Year (10-12 weeks).
What was recommended (and worked) was ginger or lemon tea, with honey
in it (and lemon juice if you can be bothered to find a juicer - I
skipped it most times). Paracetamol for the pain, and isolated
spoonfuls of honey when the throat got too tickly. Most OTC cold
remedies contain psuedo-ephedrine (IIRC) and are contraindicated, but
you can get cough sweets that are suitable.

Jac