PDA

View Full Version : Reintroduction - I need to tell someone

Sunshine
July 29th 03, 08:15 PM
Hello all.

My name is Sunshine and I had posted here all throughout my last
pregnancy (11/01 - 8/02) which resulted in a beautiful baby girl,
Kira. After her birth, I became a Lurker. Last night my husband and
I decided to go off birth control. So were not activily trying but
were not not trying either, LOL. We won't dicuss this with anyone
until we are indeed pregnant again but I'm bursting at the seems to
tell someone. Hopefully in the next year I will be writing again with
a due date! Well back to lurking!!!

Sunshine

Astromum
July 29th 03, 08:24 PM
Sunshine wrote:
> Last night my husband and
> I decided to go off birth control.

Good luck with not not trying. Make sure you not not tell
us when you succeeded! :)

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Welches
July 29th 03, 08:54 PM
Sunshine > wrote in message
m...
> Hello all.
>
> My name is Sunshine and I had posted here all throughout my last
> pregnancy (11/01 - 8/02) which resulted in a beautiful baby girl,
> Kira. After her birth, I became a Lurker. Last night my husband and
> I decided to go off birth control. So were not activily trying but
> were not not trying either, LOL. We won't dicuss this with anyone
> until we are indeed pregnant again but I'm bursting at the seems to
> tell someone. Hopefully in the next year I will be writing again with
> a due date! Well back to lurking!!!

Hello Sunshine!
How's things going with you now?
Good luck with ttc (even if not "actively trying" ...yet!)
Debbie

Sandi
July 29th 03, 11:20 PM
Welcome back and good luck with TTC! I'm kind of in the same situation of
"not not trying" to get pregnant. I think I'm ready for another but not
quite sure yet and not preventing it by any means, so maybe we'll be belly
buddies shortly!

--
Sandi
Abby (9/20/00)

"Sunshine" > wrote in message
m...
> Hello all.
>
> My name is Sunshine and I had posted here all throughout my last
> pregnancy (11/01 - 8/02) which resulted in a beautiful baby girl,
> Kira. After her birth, I became a Lurker. Last night my husband and
> I decided to go off birth control. So were not activily trying but
> were not not trying either, LOL. We won't dicuss this with anyone
> until we are indeed pregnant again but I'm bursting at the seems to
> tell someone. Hopefully in the next year I will be writing again with
> a due date! Well back to lurking!!!
>
> Sunshine

Em
July 30th 03, 02:44 AM
"Sunshine" > wrote in message
> My name is Sunshine and I had posted here all throughout my last
> pregnancy (11/01 - 8/02) which resulted in a beautiful baby girl,
> Kira. After her birth, I became a Lurker. Last night my husband and
> I decided to go off birth control. So were not activily trying but
> were not not trying either, LOL. We won't dicuss this with anyone
> until we are indeed pregnant again but I'm bursting at the seems to
> tell someone. Hopefully in the next year I will be writing again with
> a due date! Well back to lurking!!!

Welcome back, Sunshine! Good luck with the "not trying" ;-)

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Tatjana Farkin
July 30th 03, 12:42 PM
Welcome back, and I hope you'll have good news soon :-)

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for 2 years

Sunshine
July 30th 03, 03:10 PM
Thank you all!!!

And a special shot out to all my friends not not trying!!!! I never
knew there were so many of us. This is actually how my first came
into the world. I went off birth control in March and we were
pregnant in Novemember. To top it off, I was told that I might have
problems b/c I only menstate 4 - 5 times a year. Been check though,
no problems.

OK, here's a question for the second time mom's. What did you do
differently the second time around?

I'm thinking that now I probably won't run to the hospital so quickly.
On the other hand, since I know what labor could be like, I'm a
little bit nervous. I had 29 1/2 hours labor, 14 of which with no
drugs, and 5 stitches to produce a 9 3 baby a week early. And I want
to do it again!!! LOL...

Sunshine
Kira (08/04/02)

Astromum
July 30th 03, 04:27 PM
Sunshine wrote:

> OK, here's a question for the second time mom's. What did you do
> differently the second time around?

I can only refer to the not-TTC: I am much more relaxed about it. It's
good to know it can happen, but I am not so focussed on it happening
now. With DS we had a small window of opportunity, since we were planning
a move, and I was finishing a PhD thesis. We were very lucky it worked
out as we wanted, but it could have been very different. DH on the other
hand has no patience whatsoever...

> On the other hand, since I know what labor could be like, I'm a
> little bit nervous. I had 29 1/2 hours labor, 14 of which with no
> drugs, and 5 stitches to produce a 9 3 baby a week early. And I want
> to do it again!!! LOL...

I've heard on several occasions (mainly midwifes) that women with a
very hard and long labour for their first are the most likely to
deliver their second on the bathroom floor, since they think it is
nothing yet compared to the first time when they are already fully
dilated. I hope this is true, went to a 30h labour myself and I
know exactly how you feel about it... :)

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)
TTC #2
"What's the use of brains if you are a girl?"
Aletta Jacobs, first Dutch woman to receive a PhD

Elitsirk
July 30th 03, 06:56 PM
Hi Sunshine! I'm also a lurker here at the moment. My husband and I
have been talking about TTC for a while, and we finally decided that I
wouldn't renew my pill prescription this past weekend :) This is the
first week I've had since I was 19 with no bc!

DH is still pretty scared of the idea of kids, but definitely does
want them. I'm hoping for his sake that it'll take a couple of months
to actually conceive, so he can get a bit more used to the idea. Then
again, this will be our first, so have no way of knowing how long it
may take :) I figure we'll just see how things go for a few months,
and if nothing happens by maybe Christmas, then I'll look into
charting temps and all that.

I, too, have been bursting at the seams to tell someone, but don't
want to tell our parents or friends just yet...we especially don't
want to get our parents' hopes up (neither set has grandkids yet)
until there's something definite to report.

Ok, back to lurking :)

--Elit.
(Sunshine) wrote in message >...
> Hello all.
>
> My name is Sunshine and I had posted here all throughout my last
> pregnancy (11/01 - 8/02) which resulted in a beautiful baby girl,
> Kira. After her birth, I became a Lurker. Last night my husband and
> I decided to go off birth control. So were not activily trying but
> were not not trying either, LOL. We won't dicuss this with anyone
> until we are indeed pregnant again but I'm bursting at the seems to
> tell someone. Hopefully in the next year I will be writing again with
> a due date! Well back to lurking!!!
>
> Sunshine

Elly
July 30th 03, 07:49 PM
Hi Sunshine, welcome out of lurkdom :-)

Elly
30 weeks + 2 days
EDD October 6th

"Sunshine" > ha scritto nel messaggio
m...
> Hello all.
>
> My name is Sunshine and I had posted here all throughout my last
> pregnancy (11/01 - 8/02) which resulted in a beautiful baby girl,
> Kira. After her birth, I became a Lurker. Last night my husband and
> I decided to go off birth control. So were not activily trying but
> were not not trying either, LOL. We won't dicuss this with anyone
> until we are indeed pregnant again but I'm bursting at the seems to
> tell someone. Hopefully in the next year I will be writing again with
> a due date! Well back to lurking!!!
>
> Sunshine

Carol Ann
July 30th 03, 09:51 PM
:: Hello all.
::
:: My name is Sunshine and I had posted here all throughout my last
:: pregnancy (11/01 - 8/02) which resulted in a beautiful baby girl,
:: Kira. After her birth, I became a Lurker. Last night my husband and
:: I decided to go off birth control. So were not activily trying but
:: were not not trying either, LOL. We won't dicuss this with anyone
:: until we are indeed pregnant again but I'm bursting at the seems to
:: tell someone. Hopefully in the next year I will be writing again
:: with a due date! Well back to lurking!!!
::
:: Sunshine

Happy Baby Making, Sunshine!!

~Carol Ann
www.bestinatlanta.com

Em
July 31st 03, 02:25 AM
"Elitsirk" > wrote in message

> Hi Sunshine! I'm also a lurker here at the moment. My husband and I
> have been talking about TTC for a while, and we finally decided that I
> wouldn't renew my pill prescription this past weekend :) This is the
> first week I've had since I was 19 with no bc!
<snip>

I remember well the weird feeling of going off of the pill (I had been on
since I was 18)--like, "okay, we're committed now!" Funnily enough, it is
almost one year ago exactly that I didn't renew *my* pill prescription :-)
I'm 32 weeks along now and I wish you luck with your TTC "efforts" as well!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Sunshine
July 31st 03, 07:48 PM
(Elitsirk) wrote in message >...
> Hi Sunshine! I'm also a lurker here at the moment. My husband and I
> have been talking about TTC for a while, and we finally decided that I
> wouldn't renew my pill prescription this past weekend :) This is the
> first week I've had since I was 19 with no bc!

Congratulations and good luck!!! Maybe we'll get pregnant at the same
time, but no hurrys!!!

Sunshine