PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Pregnant in your late 30's or older?

Carol Ann
July 30th 03, 09:21 PM
I would love to know!

~Carol Ann
No due date set, 1st OB exam August 11th.
I'm predicting a late March early April DD
39, first time pregnancy

www.bestinatlanta.com

Truffles
July 30th 03, 09:49 PM
Carol Ann wrote:

> I would love to know!

I'll be 37 next month.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Valerie Rake
July 30th 03, 10:49 PM
Truffles wrote:

> Carol Ann wrote:
>
>> I would love to know!
>
> I'll be 37 next month.

Me, too. 37 the first week of September.

Larry McMahan
July 30th 03, 11:47 PM
Carol Ann > writes:
: I would love to know!

We had our first when Monika was 37, and our second when she
was 39. Both were homebirths!

Larry

Valerie Rake
July 30th 03, 11:55 PM
Valerie Rake wrote:

> Truffles wrote:
>
>> Carol Ann wrote:
>>
>>> I would love to know!
>>

>> I'll be 37 next month.
>

> Me, too. 37 the first week of September.

No, wait a minute. Stupid me. I'll be 38 the the first week of
September. I'm 37 _now_.

Gads. You know you're a grown up when you forget how old you are.....

Valerie

Sue
July 31st 03, 01:33 AM
With my last two children, I was 30 and 31. My sister was 41 when she gave
birth to her son. I also know quite a few women older than 30 and still
having babies. :o)
--
Sue
mom to three girls

Carol Ann > wrote in message
k.net...
> I would love to know!
>

> ~Carol Ann
> No due date set, 1st OB exam August 11th.
> I'm predicting a late March early April DD
> 39, first time pregnancy
>
> www.bestinatlanta.com

Linz
July 31st 03, 10:25 AM
"Valerie Rake" > wrote in message
> Valerie Rake wrote:
>
> > Truffles wrote:

> >> I'll be 37 next month.
> >

> > Me, too. 37 the first week of September.
>
> No, wait a minute. Stupid me. I'll be 38 the the first week of
> September. I'm 37 _now_.
>
> Gads. You know you're a grown up when you forget how old you are.....

Surely what you really mean is "I'm 24".
"No, wait. Hang on. I'm 37."

I was 24 for an awfully long time, quite unintentionally!

Carol Ann
July 31st 03, 01:25 PM
Wow!

This is great! I'm sure there are more. I'm still shocked! I'm so glad I
found this newsgroup! It is nice to know there are mothers (and fathers)
here to help and support each other.

Having stopped taking the water pills at the advice of my OB, I'm really
beginning to swell!

I went from 157 on Monday to 161 today (Thursday). I'm drinking 3 liters of
water daily. Argh! Is there ANYTHING I can take???

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge

gaanji
July 31st 03, 02:50 PM
I'm 37 (an' a half!) and due October 30. DH just turned 42--ha ha ha I
will always be five years younger...(whoops </gloat>)

gaanji
Mom to Spud, EDD 10/30

"Carol Ann" > wrote in message >...
> I would love to know!
>

> ~Carol Ann
> No due date set, 1st OB exam August 11th.
> I'm predicting a late March early April DD
> 39, first time pregnancy
>
> www.bestinatlanta.com

Mary Gordon
July 31st 03, 04:15 PM
I had my first at 34, second at 37 and third at 41. All perfectly
healthy boring pregnancies and healthy babies with all their bits.

First one was a section because I had a stupid doctor, next two were
VBACs with no interventions. All three were 42 weeks, all three were
big kids (smallest was 9 1/2 lbs)

Mary G.

Circe
July 31st 03, 06:32 PM
Carol Ann wrote:
> I would love to know!

I had my three at 33, 35, and 37 (almost 38). My daughter has some
developmental delays (gross motor delay and a mild speech delay), but they
don't seem to be related to my age when she was born and I wouldn't trade
her for anything!
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [7/22/97], Aurora [7/19/99], and Vernon's [3/2/02] mom)

"He [Gray Davis] be allowed to serve out his term." -- Letters to the
Editor [probably a typesetter's error, but too funny to pass up]

What does it all mean? I have *no* idea. But it's my life and I like it.

zeldabee
July 31st 03, 06:57 PM
"Carol Ann" > wrote:
> I would love to know!

I'm 40, due September 18 with my first (and almost certainly only). Two
good friends of mine were also surprise-late-life mothers. My
god-daughter's mother was 41 when she had her daughter, and had actually
made an appointment for an abortion before changing her mind...and never
looked back, obviously. Another friend had twins at 46, and didn't even
find out until she was 6 months pregnant with them. She'd thought she was
going through early menopause. (Imagine having only 3 months to adjust and
get ready to have twins...)

Another more recent friend has just found out that she's pregnant with her
second, at 46. She had her first at 39.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m http://NewsReader.Com/

the Princess
July 31st 03, 08:44 PM
"Carol Ann" > wrote in message >...
> I would love to know!
>

> ~Carol Ann
> No due date set, 1st OB exam August 11th.
> I'm predicting a late March early April DD
> 39, first time pregnancy
>
> www.bestinatlanta.com

I'm 36 and pregnant with my first. If my predicted due date is
correct (we'll see to that at my first appointment in a couple of
weeks), I'll deliver about a week before I turn 37.

Sue Ellen
6w1d, edd March 25

Sue
August 1st 03, 02:42 AM
"Carol Ann" > wrote in message
k.net...
> I would love to know!
>

> ~Carol Ann
> No due date set, 1st OB exam August 11th.
> I'm predicting a late March early April DD
> 39, first time pregnancy
>
> www.bestinatlanta.com

I am 38 and expecting my first baby next February. I will be 39 then.

Rakko
August 1st 03, 09:13 AM
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I had my DD right before my 38th birthday, and now a DS due right after I turn 40.

Enjoy this wonderful time.

Rakko
due 11/13/03

Carol Ann
August 2nd 03, 03:37 PM
"Rakko" > wrote in message
om
:: Congratulations on your pregnancy!
::
:: I had my DD right before my 38th birthday, and now a DS due right after I
turn 40.
::
:: Enjoy this wonderful time.
::
:: Rakko
:: due 11/13/03

Thanks everyone!

I am in the company of a very large group of mommies! I feel so fortunate
to know to search for newsgroups. I don't have any friends here in
Columbus. I came here to help my mother after the death of my stepfather in
2001 and can't seem to leave so I go back and forth from Atlanta to
Columbus...ARGH!

It's nice to know I can talk to you all!

~Carol Ann

Valerie Rake
August 3rd 03, 11:38 PM
Hey Carol
Is that Columbus Ohio? If so, the city has a reputation for making
temporary residents permanent. DH and I are two of apparently hundreds
of folks who came to Ohio State and can't come up with a really good
reason to leave......
Valerie

Carol Ann wrote:

>"Rakko" > wrote in message
om
>:: Congratulations on your pregnancy!
>::
>:: I had my DD right before my 38th birthday, and now a DS due right after I
>turn 40.
>::
>:: Enjoy this wonderful time.
>::
>:: Rakko
>:: due 11/13/03
>
>Thanks everyone!
>
>I am in the company of a very large group of mommies! I feel so fortunate
>to know to search for newsgroups. I don't have any friends here in
>Columbus. I came here to help my mother after the death of my stepfather in
>2001 and can't seem to leave so I go back and forth from Atlanta to
>Columbus...ARGH!
>
>It's nice to know I can talk to you all!
>
>~Carol Ann

Carol Ann
August 4th 03, 04:46 AM
:: Hey Carol
:: Is that Columbus Ohio? If so, the city has a reputation for making
:: temporary residents permanent. DH and I are two of apparently hundreds
:: of folks who came to Ohio State and can't come up with a really good
:: reason to leave......
:: Valerie

Hi, Valerie~

No, unfortunately it's Columbus, Georgia!

~Carol Ann

Carol Ann
August 5th 03, 05:27 PM
:: Hi Carol!
::
:: I just turned 39 and I am pregnant due 9/17. I have to admit, my last
:: child was almost 7 years ago and it was a much easier pregnancy! I am
:: tired so much more and it seems like I have many more problems that I
:: did not have, such as I now have to take an aspirin a day, extra
:: iron,
:: and my thyroid medicine that I did not have to take before.
::
:: All in all though I am feeling good :-) You're definitely not alone!

Wow! There really are so many women having children later in life. I feel
so blessed......I just pray for a healthy child.

Now, how do I tell everyone???