PDA

View Full Version : Re: Doctors in US

Carol Ann
July 31st 03, 03:48 PM
<snip>

Congratulations on your twins! Wow, to have twins sounds exciting!

::My
:: advice (humble) is to make choices for yourself. Don't dwell on
:: statistics or worry yourself silly about things you may not be able
:: to control. Chose your dr. wisely and remember, you are in charge of
:: your pregnancy, not you dr. Don't allow them to scare you into doing
:: procedures etc. that you don't want or feel you need. Remember, they
:: may give you the worse case scenereo, but that doesn't make it true.
:: Take care of yourself and your babies, relax and enjoy this time in
:: your life. And if things don't go "perfect" know that you did all
:: you could and don't feel guilty. Sorry this is so longggg. I hope
:: that this is not offensive to anyone. Just MHO.
:: Kim 27w Twins!!

Thanks, Kim!

Each message I read like yours gives me more and more peace of mind. I am
so early into my first pregnancy that I really should just hold off becoming
obsessed until my first OB exam which is still so many days away (August
11).

Good luck with your bed rest!

Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Challenges!
www.bestinatlanta.com ~ Your City Guide to Metro Atlanta!

Daye
July 31st 03, 11:28 PM
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 08:16:52 -0500 (CDT), (Kimme
mik) wrote:

>Don't dwell on statistics or
>worry yourself silly about things you may not be able to control. Chose
>your dr. wisely and remember, you are in charge of your pregnancy, not
>you dr. Don't allow them to scare you into doing procedures etc. that
>you don't want or feel you need.

That is great advice.

I esp. agree with finding the right doctor. I have a great doctor. I
am sure that I drive him insane, but we work together. Whenever I
make a choice that he doesn't agree with, he tells me, "Well, at
least, I know that you have researched and thought about it." He
doesn't try to scare me, but he does give me the cold hard facts. If
he didn't, I would just look them up anyway. I don't need
sugarcoating.

The difference between cold hard facts and scaring, though, is a very
fine line. It comes down to the doctor's bedside manner. My doctor
is wonderful. We get along very well. He has the personality to be
matter-of-fact, but caring at the same time.

The thing I always remember when dealing with the doctor. It is my
choice. He can suggest, but he can't force me to do anything. I am
well read, and he has the training. Between us, we should be able to
come to a good decision.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan