PDA

View Full Version : Re: New to group

JNJ
July 31st 03, 08:43 AM
Thanks All! I have had regular checkups at the gyno and i take womens one a
day vitamins. The package says it has 100% dv of Folic acid. Once again,
Thanks to all of you! Its nice to have some where to go and have your
questions answered right away. I will keep updating you all.

Thanks,
Julie
J Shrum > wrote in message
> Hi all! My name is Julie and this is the first time I have ever posted to
> this site. My husband and I just recently(4 days ago) decided to go off
> birthcontrol and try to get pregnant. We are not schedualing or trying
> time things, we just are going to go with the flow and see what happens.
> have not been to a doctor yet but I have an appointment with my gyno in
> september. Do you think I should have gone to a doctor before stopping my
> birthcontrol? Also, I was on ortho tri cyclen for a little over 4 years,
> will I have trouble getting pregnant? I have heard that some women do if
> they've been on BC for a long time but i think they mean like 10 years or
> so. If and when we become pregnant, this will be our first child. We are
> both really excited about it even though I'm not pregnant yet. We haven't
> told anyone that we are planning to have a child, we don't want to till we
> are pregnant for sure and we want to wait a month or two after i am
pregnant
> to tell anyone. Keeping this secret is really hard! Yet we both feel
kind
> of scared to say anything to our parents out of fear of what they will
say.
> Its almost like we feel we are sixteen and will be in big trouble.LOL!
When
> my husbands older sister was pregnant, their dad made a comment to her
about
> it "being too late to talk her out of it". Of course now he is a proud
> grandpappy. Well thats about it for now. I hope to post again soon!
>
> Julie

Astromum
July 31st 03, 06:56 PM
Welcome Julie!

I don't see a need to visit a OB/GYN in your case, but you
should start taking folic acid. I was on BC for 15 years
and conceived DS in the first full cycle after stopping,
so no lack of fertility for me. This time we have been
at it for a bit longer (3d cycle now, AF due in 12 days).

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Em
July 31st 03, 07:51 PM
"J Shrum" > wrote in message

> Hi all! My name is Julie and this is the first time I have ever posted to
> this site. My husband and I just recently(4 days ago) decided to go off
> birthcontrol and try to get pregnant. We are not schedualing or trying
> time things, we just are going to go with the flow and see what happens.
> have not been to a doctor yet but I have an appointment with my gyno in
> september. Do you think I should have gone to a doctor before stopping my
> birthcontrol? Also, I was on ortho tri cyclen for a little over 4 years,
> will I have trouble getting pregnant?

Welcome to the group, Julie! Good luck with ttc. As long as you've been
having regular ob/gyn checkups, are taking a folic acid supplement, and
don't have any other health concerns, I don't see any reason why you need to
go to the doctor before starting to try.

Re: birth control. I took ortho cyclen for about 5 years before we started
to try and we conceived in our fifth month trying after stopping bcps. I
paid some attention to my fertility signals, but we didn't try *that* hard
(no charting of temps, etc). I have read that it takes about 3 months for
your body to readjust after having been on the pill (though it is possible
to get pregnant right away, many people do). So, I don't feel like we tried
for very long at all.

Best wishes!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Shelly
August 1st 03, 01:08 AM
"J Shrum" > wrote in message
> Hi all! My name is Julie and this is the first time I have ever posted to
> this site. My husband and I just recently(4 days ago) decided to go off
> birthcontrol and try to get pregnant.

Welcome, Julie, and best of luck to you and your husband! :)

-Michelle
critter edd 3/14/04

Irrational Number
August 1st 03, 01:33 AM
J Shrum wrote:
> Hi all! My name is Julie and this is the first time I have ever posted to
> this site. My husband and I just recently(4 days ago) decided to go off
> birthcontrol and try to get pregnant. We are not schedualing or trying to
> time things, we just are going to go with the flow and see what happens. I
> have not been to a doctor yet but I have an appointment with my gyno in
> september. Do you think I should have gone to a doctor before stopping my
> birthcontrol? Also, I was on ortho tri cyclen for a little over 4 years,
> will I have trouble getting pregnant? I have heard that some women do if
> they've been on BC for a long time but i think they mean like 10 years or
> so. If and when we become pregnant, this will be our first child. We are
> both really excited about it even though I'm not pregnant yet. We haven't
> told anyone that we are planning to have a child, we don't want to till we
> are pregnant for sure and we want to wait a month or two after i am pregnant
> to tell anyone. Keeping this secret is really hard! Yet we both feel kind
> of scared to say anything to our parents out of fear of what they will say.
> Its almost like we feel we are sixteen and will be in big trouble.LOL! When
> my husbands older sister was pregnant, their dad made a comment to her about
> it "being too late to talk her out of it". Of course now he is a proud
> grandpappy. Well thats about it for now. I hope to post again soon!

Welcome, Julie! I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen, too,
for about three to four years. I talked to my
ob/gyn before TTC and he recommended we go off
the pill for two months, using an alternate
form of birth control. Then, after that, it took
us two months to get pregnant. So, I don't think
that pill affected our ability to get pregnant.

Just remember that it takes an average of a year
to get pregnant. I read that somewhere...

-- Anita --
Mommy to Pillbug, 7 weeks old

Alicia Elliott
August 1st 03, 05:58 AM
Hi there Julie, welcome to MKP! I think it's very exciting that you've
decided to have a baby. What a big decision eh? I know what you mean about
having a hard time keeping the secret. I don't know how those people do it
that wait to tell everyone after the first trimester. I told everyone and
their dog as soon as I found out. : ) I am just about at the end of my
pregnancy with my first kid, so this has all been very new and challenging
to me. But this group is a great source of information, there are so many
people that have had so many different experiences. Someone always seems to
know about whatever questions might come up.

I don't know if I'll be around much longer to see how your pregnancy goes,
but I wish you the best of luck, and hopefully you'll post your ups and
downs to share with the rest of the group. Take care, Alicia