PDA

View Full Version : Re: Sling update

hollyml
October 14th 05, 08:33 AM
LOL. Well, the sling will definitely help you. My DS in fact DID take
a 3-hour nap in the middle of the day -- in a sling. While I sat at my
desk and worked. :-) I also worked while he nursed -- in a sling.
(My DD didn't usually take such a long nap, but the total amount of
time she slept was about the same -- she just did two 2-hour naps
instead of two 30-minute and one 3-hour, IYSWIM. DS came to work with
me from age 3 mos to age 6 mos. DD came to work with me from age 3 mos
to age 15 mos.)

While I agree that during the first 3 months you don't want to have any
goals more ambitious than getting a shower every day, thereafter (for
at least another 3 months or so) it's not too difficult to have
something like the kind of schedule you outlined -- as long as you use
a sling, so that you can work, go to lunch, and fix dinner WHILE your
baby naps and nurses.

"Several hours a day" seems like, well, a minimum to me. Where else do
you put a baby who doesn't sit up yet? I suppose lots of people use
swings, bouncers, etc., but -- after having a second baby who, unlike
my first, was often content in such devices for stretches of more than
15 minutes, I still hate them. I can't stand to leave a young baby
alone, so when the baby's not ON me, I'm tied to a single room. Which
is pretty limiting.

Anyway, I'm glad you've got your sling working for you!

Holly