PDA

View Full Version : Re: baby positioning question

Ericka Kammerer
August 3rd 03, 03:05 AM
Alicia Elliott wrote:

> Hi there everyone, I have a question for you all... something that I've
> been wondering about for a month or so, but it became really obvious today.
> Firstly, I am wondering what the likelihood of the baby's arm being under
> it's head is? I have felt for some time like there is something sharp and
> pointy down there, which feels too small for a head, and too sharp. Also,
> when I go pee, it feels like something kind of 'clicks' or 'pops' into
> place. I have to push to urinate, and when that thing clicks into place, I
> am suddenly able to pee a lot more comfortably. Does that make sense? My
> midwife says that the baby's head hasn't engaged yet, so I am wondering if
> maybe that's why? Any experience you might have with something like this
> would be appreciated.

Yes, the baby can have a hand up by his or her head--and
those little fingernails are *sharp*. Also, the thing clicking
may be the pubic symphysis joint. It can often get out of whack
during pregnancy, as it's loosened up with all the other joints.

Best wishes,
Ericka