PDA

View Full Version : Re: Ten years on usenet

Karen
July 8th 03, 07:25 PM
On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 17:54:37 +0000, Penny Gaines
> wrote:

>So, I suppose I'm an old-timer now (but to me old-timers were around
>before the "great renaming", not before "the endless September"). I just
>hope I don't start saying "in my day, things were better", I hope I
>continue to see that people who have only just started on the internet
>may have good ideas and ways of doing things that are better then the
>old ways.

Wow! Congratulations - that's amazing. You have a wonderful attitude
about it, also. :-)

I've been posting to Usenet since around 1997, and I'm definitely
already an "old-timer" in some groups, but I feel like a newbie
compared with you! How interesting to have been a part of the early
history of the medium.

>And I hope I'm still on usenet to post my twentieth anniversary message.

Ditto! :-)

Karen, also with kids past the baby but not quite into the teenager
stage ...
--
The Orange Cat: Calendar, advice & tips for busy families in the San Gabriel Valley
www.theorangecat.org