PDA

View Full Version : symphysis pain help

Dagny
August 4th 03, 09:11 PM
Anybody got advice for pubic symphysis pain? I seem to have developed this
right before 31 weeks. Ouch! But it's not so bad just yet. (I fear it
getting worse..)

-- Dagny
EDD 10/6/03

Dagny
August 4th 03, 11:29 PM
"Ericka Kammerer" > wrote in message
> Dagny wrote:
>
> > Anybody got advice for pubic symphysis pain? I seem to have developed
this
> > right before 31 weeks. Ouch! But it's not so bad just yet. (I fear it
> > getting worse..)
>

> I went to a chiropractor who used the Webster technique. It did
> help me feel better, but unfortunately the joints were so loose that it
> wouldn't take long for me to get out of whack again. Sleeping on my
> side exacerbated it because it put uneven pressure on my hips--but of
> course I couldn't sleep on my belly or on my back! Still, at least the
> chiro helped some, and who knows? Maybe that helped it not get worse.
> Just as a heads up, I did find that it caused problems during
> labor. I couldn't stand any position that put uneven pressure on my
> hips, so I labored standing or sitting upright. When it came to
> pushing, I tried pushing on my side, but just couldn't. I had to
> flip to all fours to cope with the pubic symphisis pain.

Thanks to you and Sidheag. What do you think of swimming with this problem
and/or water birth?

Astromum
August 5th 03, 02:53 PM
Dagny wrote:
> Anybody got advice for pubic symphysis pain? I seem to have developed this
> right before 31 weeks. Ouch! But it's not so bad just yet. (I fear it
> getting worse..)

Oh ouch, I recall that! What I used to do was walk in smaller steps, so
my legs would never be too far apart. That would keep it under control
most of the day. I developed a new way of getting in and out of a car:
first moving my legs to the door (at the same time!), put them firmly
on the ground first before getting up. I used this method for getting
up from everything, making sure my balance was firm before moving.

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Ericka Kammerer
August 5th 03, 04:47 PM
Astromum wrote:

> I developed a new way of getting in and out of a car:
> first moving my legs to the door (at the same time!), put them firmly
> on the ground first before getting up.

I had to do that too, getting in and out of the car. Miss
Manners would be so proud ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

August 8th 03, 05:47 PM
are there any exercises that help with PPSPD?
--
Edith
oht nak

"Astromum" > wrote in message
> Ericka Kammerer wrote:
> > Astromum wrote:
> >

> >> I developed a new way of getting in and out of a car:
> >> first moving my legs to the door (at the same time!), put them firmly
> >> on the ground first before getting up.
> >

> > I had to do that too, getting in and out of the car. Miss
> > Manners would be so proud ;-)
> >

> Hehe! Yeah, wear a very tight skirt, and you will be forced to
> walk and get up 'properly'... ;)
>
> --
> -- Ilse
> mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)
> TTC #2
> "What's the use of brains if you are a girl?"
> Aletta Jacobs, first Dutch woman to receive a PhD

Ilse Witch
August 8th 03, 10:05 PM
E wrote:
> are there any exercises that help with PPSPD?

I don't know of any, sorry.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (13m)