PDA

View Full Version : Re: Need Advice on Jogging Travel System

aps
August 4th 03, 11:18 PM
In article >, jon s.
> wrote:

> My wife & I are expecting our first in a few weeks...We are looking
> for a jogging "travel system."
>
> The trouble is that I'm having a hard time finding one that collapses
> small enough to fit in the trunk of my car (a 2000 Honda Civic). Does
> anybody know of a particular one that would suit our needs?

We have the Instep Saturn Everyday stroller, which is supposed to be a
hybrid jogger/convenience stroller. It has a special bar to accept just
about any infant car seat. It fits in our 2003 Corrolla's trunk easily.

It's great as an around town stroller, because it has a smaller
footprint than a reall jogging stroller and the front wheel turns. But
it's not an actual jogger--the handle's not long enough, and there's no
handbrake. You can lock the front wheel forward.

The same stroller is available from Schwinn.

APS

jon s.
August 7th 03, 12:38 PM
aps > wrote in message >...
> In article >, jon s.
> > wrote:
>
> > My wife & I are expecting our first in a few weeks...We are looking
> > for a jogging "travel system."
> >
> > The trouble is that I'm having a hard time finding one that collapses
> > small enough to fit in the trunk of my car (a 2000 Honda Civic). Does
> > anybody know of a particular one that would suit our needs?
>
> We have the Instep Saturn Everyday stroller, which is supposed to be a
> hybrid jogger/convenience stroller. It has a special bar to accept just
> about any infant car seat. It fits in our 2003 Corrolla's trunk easily.
>
> It's great as an around town stroller, because it has a smaller
> footprint than a reall jogging stroller and the front wheel turns. But
> it's not an actual jogger--the handle's not long enough, and there's no
> handbrake. You can lock the front wheel forward.
>
> The same stroller is available from Schwinn.
>
> APS

Hi, and thanks for the post!

Is the Instep Saturn Everyday (or it's Schwinn twin) OK for just some
light running or walking on non-smooth surfaces? Specifically, I would
jog or walk on the boardwalk or walk on trails in local parks.

Thanks!

Jon in NJ

aps
August 8th 03, 04:12 AM
In article >, jon s.
> wrote:

> Is the Instep Saturn Everyday (or it's Schwinn twin) OK for just some
> light running or walking on non-smooth surfaces? Specifically, I would
> jog or walk on the boardwalk or walk on trails in local parks.

I'd say it's ok for boardwalks and for trails that are smooth, like the
kind that have fine gravel on them. It doesn't have a suspension, so
rocks or roots would make a bumpy ride. It does have pneumatic tires,
so you can adjust their pressure to smooth out the jostles but not the
bumps (it's great on brick surfaces, e.g.).

I frequently bump the rear axle with my toe when I try to walk too fast
and forget to extend my arms; when jogging I've done it a couple of
times on a downward slope. It's generally not comfortable running for
that reason. I'd try one out before buying, although I've never seen
one in stores. I bought ours online--I forget where; it was high in the
list of a froogle.com search.

Zooper makes a really cool 3-wheeled stroller with a front wheel that
doesn't turn. It looks a little more compact than the ordinary jogging
stroller. But it was out of our price range :-(

good luck!

APS

jon s.
August 8th 03, 08:11 PM
aps > wrote in message >...
> In article >, jon s.
> > wrote:
>
> > Is the Instep Saturn Everyday (or it's Schwinn twin) OK for just some
> > light running or walking on non-smooth surfaces? Specifically, I would
> > jog or walk on the boardwalk or walk on trails in local parks.
>
> I'd say it's ok for boardwalks and for trails that are smooth, like the
> kind that have fine gravel on them. It doesn't have a suspension, so
> rocks or roots would make a bumpy ride. It does have pneumatic tires,
> so you can adjust their pressure to smooth out the jostles but not the
> bumps (it's great on brick surfaces, e.g.).
>
> I frequently bump the rear axle with my toe when I try to walk too fast
> and forget to extend my arms; when jogging I've done it a couple of
> times on a downward slope. It's generally not comfortable running for
> that reason. I'd try one out before buying, although I've never seen
> one in stores. I bought ours online--I forget where; it was high in the
> list of a froogle.com search.
>
> Zooper makes a really cool 3-wheeled stroller with a front wheel that
> doesn't turn. It looks a little more compact than the ordinary jogging
> stroller. But it was out of our price range :-(
>
> good luck!
>
> APS

Thank you so much for the info! I really appreciate it!

Jon